News New Stroller Size/Wagon Rules and Enforcement - Effective May 1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Speaking of the stroller wagons, I just thought of something.

If the reason for their ban is that their height makes it difficult for the pushers to see where the wheels are going, then isn't that the same problem for any stroller with a canopy?

Sidenote: I don't like the strollers where the child is facing the direction of motion, because then the parent can't see what they're doing, or if they're sliding out, or if they're vomiting, and so on. Too often the parent with such strollers stops dead in the pathways to run around to the front of the stroller to take care of something, or even to hear what their child is saying. If we're going to get strict, then we should be switching to rear-facing strollers to obviate these issues.

Which brings me back to the wagon stroller: At least the parent can see the child and the child see the parent and coordinate language and any bodily issues.

If the wagon stroller has the same or smaller footprint as the regular strollers, and the other strollers have the same visual impairment because of their canopies, and the wagon stroller allows parents to keep an eye on the children... I'm kinda OK with the wagon stroller.

Paper straw fan

Weber makes gas grills, too. And there are gas grills with channels to hold charcoal to give your gas-grilled food that freshly BBQ-ed flavor...
View attachment 359827

Cap’s right I blew that. I said Weber as that’s the one I own, but I thought adding charcoal would make it sound even more ridiculous. As a southern born griller and occasional smoker of meats I should know better.

bubbles1812

Even that is within the dimensions.

The ban on stroller wagons is much more significant than the 31x52 limit, which applies to almost nothing.
Yes I know. That’s my point. The stroller wagons are rather... obvious. Easy for security to say no to. I’m glad they banned them. There’s no line of sight whatsoever with those things, and I think Disney did the right thing here.

Cesar R M

If the reason for their ban is that their height makes it difficult for the pushers to see where the wheels are going, then isn't that the same problem for any stroller with a canopy?

Sidenote: I don't like the strollers where the child is facing the direction of motion, because then the parent can't see what they're doing, or if they're sliding out, or if they're vomiting, and so on. Too often the parent with such strollers stops dead in the pathways to run around to the front of the stroller to take care of something, or even to hear what their child is saying. If we're going to get strict, then we should be switching to rear-facing strollers to obviate these issues.

Which brings me back to the wagon stroller: At least the parent can see the child and the child see the parent and coordinate language and any bodily issues.

If the wagon stroller has the same or smaller footprint as the regular strollers, and the other strollers have the same visual impairment because of their canopies, and the wagon stroller allows parents to keep an eye on the children... I'm kinda OK with the wagon stroller.
The angle of vision is very different from a stroller with canopy (short affected area, 90 degree) vs 120 degree block from the strollers/wagons which have higher and longer canopy and are not triangle styled.

Last edited:

bigrigross

Well, if yall really want to be depressed, this is from Fantasy Strollers. The ones that makes the cinderella and millennium falcon strollers:

Dear Fantasy Stroller Customers,
We want to assure you that we have been aware of the new size requirement per Disney and will be launching our new carriage on May 1st.
The new carriage will be 19 inches wide by 51 inches in length. Disney’s size limit is 31 inches wide by 52 inches in length. This new policy will not effect our customers. If there is any further concerns please feel free to message us. We truly appreciate our customers and our team is fully dedicated to deliver an unforgettable Disney Experience!

Chi84

Premium Member
Well, if yall really want to be depressed, this is from Fantasy Strollers. The ones that makes the cinderella and millennium falcon strollers:

We want to assure you that we have been aware of the new size requirement per Disney and will be launching our new carriage on May 1st.
The new carriage will be 19 inches wide by 51 inches in length. Disney’s size limit is 31 inches wide by 52 inches in length. This new policy will not effect our customers. If there is any further concerns please feel free to message us. We truly appreciate our customers and our team is fully dedicated to deliver an unforgettable Disney Experience!
Well, I'm depressed by "if there is any further concerns," but I don't think there are enough of these specialty strollers to cause Disney headaches. Wagons are primarily designed to haul stuff as opposed to young children, and I believe Disney is more concerned about the proliferation of stroller wagons.

natatomic

You’re the second person I’ve seen suggest this. And it sounds great in theory. However, do you have any idea how few strollers actually offer rear-facing? I’d wager less than 5%, because most people prefer the kids being able to see the world than their bodies, and I’m sure most kids do too. Especially at Disney - kids wouldn’t be able to see much of they were facing their parents.* And a double rear-facing stroller? Those are the least common - I can only think of 1 or 2 brands that make them and they come at a premium cost!
Besides, even if a kid is facing backwards and little Johnny suddenly throws up, I guarantee you most parents are still gonna just stop right there to deal with it. Heck, I’ve had people with no strollers stop dead in their tracks in front of me causing me to run into them (or almost run into them). It’s a lack of courtesy thing, more so than a stroller-specific thing.

*I say all this as a parent who is a fan of rear-facing strollers and an owner of one, even though I baby/toddler-wear far more often than I use a stroller.

Ripken10

You’re the second person I’ve seen suggest this. And it sounds great in theory. However, do you have any idea how few strollers actually offer rear-facing? I’d wager less than 5%, because most people prefer the kids being able to see the world than their bodies, and I’m sure most kids do too. Especially at Disney - kids wouldn’t be able to see much of they were facing their parents.* And a double rear-facing stroller? Those are the least common - I can only think of 1 or 2 brands that make them and they come at a premium cost!
Besides, even if a kid is facing backwards and little Johnny suddenly throws up, I guarantee you most parents are still gonna just stop right there to deal with it. Heck, I’ve had people with no strollers stop dead in their tracks in front of me causing me to run into them (or almost run into them). It’s a lack of courtesy thing, more so than a stroller-specific thing.

*I say all this as a parent who is a fan of rear-facing strollers and an owner of one, even though I baby/toddler-wear far more often than I use a stroller.
My young son (7 months) is just now able to sit facing forward. Going for a walk is a whole new thing for him now. No way I would ever put him rear facing any more. He just doesn't enjoy it as much. He loves to see the world and everything going on.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member

It's a shame that these things are still gonna make it in, but at least there aren't many of them causing problems.

We've used a City Mini double stroller to haul our two little ones (4 and 1) around for the last year or so, but I was officially over the size of the thing after our last visit two weeks ago. This announcement solidified our commitment to downsizing. We're going to punt the City double for two lightweight strollers that take up the least amount of space possible. We also practiced packing what we truly need for the day into a simple stroller organizer bag, so there's no more need for an oversized diaper bag. 😎 Just trying to do our part!

Bocabear

Seriously if you are too tall to fit in a stroller, barring some medical reason, you should probably not be wheeled around.
and RE the ECVs, I had knee surgery prior to a trip.. Made getting around World Showcase possible. If you have knee surgery that you will recover from, they do not give you a handicap sticker, nor do they issue doctor's prescriptions.

jbolen2

It was crazy the amount of these large carts we saw this last week at the parks. I thought my sons bob stroller was huge but these are like ice cream carts with kids in them.

DocAlan02

I am depressed by the fact that an official message from a business misspelled the word "affect."
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom