News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

Ugh. Dragon's Lair / Space Ace. Do any of you remember those games? The cartoon narrative unfolds on the screen and at certain times in the game something on the screen will flash and you have to move your joystick or press a button at just the right time or you will die (or in this case take on damage or crash into something).

I knew this wasn't going to be a flight simulator but was hoping as others had said that it would at least have some sort of limited free flight, but I don't think that's what is happening here. When it's time to turn left the left side of the stick will flash and you need to point it left. When it's time to fire a weapon it will flash and you fire it. When it's time to repair the ship a button will flash and you press it.

This actually solves the "I wanna be the pilot" issue because every role equally has to press flashing buttons. While I'm sure it will be fun and the whole team vs. individual aspect they talk about will be interesting to see, it's just not at the level I was hoping. I suppose they really needed to make sure everyone and not just experienced gamers can enjoy the attraction.

NobodyElse

Ugh. Dragon's Lair / Space Ace. Do any of you remember those games?

I see your point, but I don't think it will be as rudimentary as those old Bluth games. Just the seamlessness of the real-time rendering will make a huge difference in experience. (My hope is that the pilots will have some degree of control throughout, but when the indicator light comes on, you'd better pull up, or turn right, else bad things happen. We'll know for sure when the time comes.)

I think it's safe to say the control will fall somewhere between Dragon's Lair and a full NASA shuttle simulator. :)

sedati

View attachment 358751
View attachment 358752
View attachment 358755
View attachment 358759

mickEblu

So it’s not one of these guys?

0B467C22-E6EA-4E66-889B-9A952BAAE5B7.jpeg

sedati

I am not sure why the first droid is there.
The secod one makes more sense.
The R1?
They were probably a dime a dozen, though that one does look very similar to the one the Jawas were selling. Who knows what exiting turn of events brought it to Batuu. A similar droid (center) appeared in Watto's shop in Phantom Menace.

"Are one (R1) an angel?"

Not sure if you were commenting on the timeline with the other droid being more current with the Resistance timeline, but Star Wars has a layered history and it makes sense to see items from different eras.

socalifornian

The R1?
They were probably a dime a dozen, though that one does look very similar to the one the Jawas were selling. Who knows what exiting turn of events brought it to Batuu. A similar droid (center) appeared in Watto's shop in Phantom Menace.
View attachment 358768
"Are one (R1) an angel?"

Not sure if you were commenting on the timeline with the other droid being more current with the Resistance timeline, but Star Wars has a layered history and it makes sense to see items from different eras.

Especially since Batuu is another outer rim system like Tatooine, compared to the core worlds that are usually ‘more with it.’ The lore even says that hyperspace lanes bypass it. So having outdated tech feels appropriate

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Especially since Batuu is another outer rim system like Tatooine, compared to the core worlds that are usually ‘more with it.’ The lore even says that hyperspace lanes bypass it. So having outdated tech feels appropriate

I thought Batuu was even further out than outer rim and is in "wild space"?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You're shifting your goal posts from merchandise breaking total 100% immersion to movie trailers creating "want to see" interest? Again, just wait to see the land itself before forming an opinion on the land. Not an opinion on wanting to see the land. Movie trailers are often deceptive to begin with, no one should form an opinion on a movie (or theme park) based on a commercial for the movie (or theme park).

Parody Trailer

Commercial for Jurassic Park: The Ride featuring Scary T-Rex

Reality of "Scary T-Rex" in Jurassic Park: the Ride

Agree to disagree. I am not one of those who think star wars shouldn't be in Disneyland or anything like that. my gripes come from the story of the land and the era they decided to have it take place in. I still plan on going and hope the place is a nice addition to this historic park. I hope the rides live up to the hype. I am gonna give it a fair shot but again I can form a initial opinon on it based on what I have seen. so on that front we agree to disagree. but I am not someone who flat out hates the land on principal

lifeisgoodboy

The R1?
View attachment 358768
"Are one (R1) an angel?"

Yes I guess your right about the different droids There are a lot of droids. There even some books that have different types of droids. I have that book and also there is on small book talking about what the droids are saying? I have that book too. In the resturant, Rex is going to be in there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom