Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

FerretAfros

If you're looking to keep costs down, you should also consider staying off property in Val d'Europe, which is Disney's planned community built to support the parks (sort of like Celebration, FL, but more practical). Yes, it's outside the "Disney bubble," but it's still geared toward tourists and uses modern semi-themed architecture. There are plenty of restaurants and shops for standard amenities, as well as one of the largest shopping malls in Europe. The area is easy to navigate and very welcoming to non-French-speakers

It's one stop away on the RER train so you can still get to the parks easily (or into Paris for sightseeing), and hotel prices are significantly cheaper than Disney's rates. I got a modest one-bedroom apartment/suite for less than $120/night for this year's races; it wasn't terribly fancy, but it was great to have the extra space and the small kitchen. There are hotels in Val d'Europe at a variety of service levels, all of which are significantly cheaper than their Disney equivalents

The RER trains start early for the races, but they can be pretty crowded since there's still a narrow window to get to DLP in time for the start. We walked to the start both mornings (which took about 25-30 minutes) to avoid the hassle, and took the train back after the races and to/from the parks later in the day. Trains run every 10 minutes or so (depending on the time of day), the ride is less than 5 minutes, and tickets are about 2euro each

RunningKoen

Staying off property has many benefits, yet one big downside: you'll need to wait for bib only sale, which started really late last year (july?). Might be too late for Americans who want to secure cheap flights early on. It would be a pain if you did book your flights and somehow rent able to get bibs.

It's the only reason why I'm staying on property. I'd even prefer the 2* Santa Fe over a suite with kitchen just to avoid the stress of bib only sale.

Texas84

I used GetTravel here in the USA. They handled my inaugural trip. Only bad thing is you have to pay half of the total package up front.

I took the Magical Shuttle bus from the airport. Very simple to use and they drop you off at the front door. Also, the TGV went right from the airport (CDG) to DLP.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I am finally registered for the DLP Half - been trying to do it since just after the race in September, but first I was told that registration wasn't open (even though the website said it was) then I called back when they told me to, and I was told that registration wasn't open yet in my country, then I called back again when I was told it would be and they didn't know the AP room rates yet for 2018... This year in addition to the AP room discount, there is a discount on the bib for DLP AP holders, which was unexpected. Can't wait to get my Castle to Chateau medal this year :)

RunningKoen

Disneyland Paris/runDisney France itself has their 36K challenge packages sold out. No more direct booking those at Disney.

Other Travel Agents and bib only are options to still run this challenge.

edit: runDisney France are working with their international partners to up the quota for package bibs.
runDisney France can probably sell some more.

Nonetheless, the event is popular :)

Last edited:

brendanjered

So I just called up the Disney line for packages and was actually told they have the challenge available yet, but not the half only. I was looking to just do a quick weekend with most of our time spent in Paris, not out at Disneyland, and therefore only wanted to run the half. Does anyone have experience with the bib only sale from the past two years? I'd obviously like to book a flight sooner than later while they're cheaper, and if bibs have stayed available for at least the full first day they go on sale, I'd feel confident enough that I could get one.

Last edited:

RunningKoen

Trying a travel agent for a half only package? that might give you the bib you want but still avoid the wait and stress of bib only.

runDisney France is changing quota, so calling again in a week and they might have 'new' half only bibs for sale aswell.

Didn't notice the bib only sale in 2016, but the one in 2017 had a bad start. After that it was okay.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I second what @RunningKoen said - you might call again in another week and find it available. I ended up having to call multiple times in the Fall to book a package - it was open but it wasn't open, then it was open but only for certain countries, then it was open but not with an AP discount, then it was finally open with an AP discount...

Swissmiss

Premium Member
So I just called up the Disney line for packages and was actually told they have the challenge available yet, but not the half only. I was looking to just do a quick weekend with most of our time spent in Paris, not out at Disneyland, and therefore only wanted to run the half. Does anyone have experience with the bib only sale from the past two years? I'd obviously like to book a flight sooner than later while they're cheaper, and if bibs have stayed available for at least the full first day they go on sale, I'd feel confident enough that I could get one.

You might also try calling the central reservation in France - sometimes what is available changes country by country.

RunningKoen

Bib only sale in less than 2 weeks!

29695061_2087256464673889_2644527116432872761_n.jpg

RunningKoen

Theme has been announced! And Im so excited! Just can't hide it.

Click here

n025306_2023oct30_world_halloween-party-2016-dr-faciler_1440x843_0.jpg

They’re coming…

Find out the theme which will punctuate the weekend from 20th to 23rd September.

To make you live an ever more magical experience, the Disneyland Paris Magic Run Weekend decided to switch you to another universe.

The 2018 Disneyland Paris Magic Run Weekend will honor the Villains. The only way for you to escape their terrible powers will be ... running!
Every day, the Villains of the Disney, Star Wars and Marvel Universes will come out on the race courses!

At nightfall on Friday, September 21st, the shadow of Thanos will hover over the Walt Disney Studios Park during the Disneyland Paris 5K which will highlight the Marvel universe.

On Saturday 22nd, the Evil Sidekicks of the biggest villains of the Disney world will invest the Disneyland Paris 10K.
Then, Stitch and his alien friends will come to entertain the little runners during the runDisney Kids Races (distances of 100m, 200m or 1K).

For the last day of the weekend on Sunday 23rd, the greatest villains of the Disney world will accompany the runners of the Disneyland Paris-Val d'Europe Half Marathon.

Are you ready to face the Villains?

To challenge the Villains at the Disneyland Paris Magic Run Weekend, you can book:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom