Sit-down restaurants closed before?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Because the OP thought if the restaurant location could be used otherwise, why not? Also, this individual is someone who likes Mickey Mouse and who is still upset there is no other worthwhile place to put it in the park, since Main Street has a decent meet-n-greet spot for him already anyway.

Then you should have posed your question as a hypothetical "are there restaurants in the MK that could be better used for a M&G for Mickey Mouse?" rather than the obfuscation and "I don't want to spill the beans just yet" tact you took. People were rightly frustrated with your answers to their questions. I took your initial question as a request for historical info, not a prelude to wanting to close a restaurant so you could put a M&G in its place....

People who are genuinely trying to be helpful don't like to be made to feel they've been hoodwinked...

mharrington

Original Poster
Then you should have posed your question as a hypothetical "are there restaurants in the MK that could be better used for a M&G for Mickey Mouse?" rather than the obfuscation and "I don't want to spill the beans just yet" tact you took. People were rightly frustrated with your answers to their questions. I took your initial question as a request for historical info, not a prelude to wanting to close a restaurant so you could put a M&G in its place....

People who are genuinely trying to be helpful don't like to be made to feel they've been hoodwinked...

I thought that if I said I wanted to close it, it would have led to the same remarks that I would have gotten anyway. That's why I was obfuscating, because I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything that hadn't been done before. And this didn't seem like anything that was done in the parks before.

If I had stated the hypothetical question right out, I would think you would have thought this should have gone more in the Imagineering section.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney attractions are very large...often (usually)concealed in hidden show buildings that are quite large. They have to be high volume.

The point is: no restaurant is large enough to do much in the way of attraction space.

NiarrNDisney

I believe the OP let it slip here:

And MY question is, why is the OP wanting to use the location of a restaurant for an attraction? Who is this individual who feels he can shut a restaurant in MK and use the space for a ride?

I'm sure the OP is not an Imagineer planning on creating a new attraction to replace the restaurant. If anything they may just be "Armchair" designing a dream park in the Imagineering thread here on WDWMagic.

mharrington

Original Poster
I'm sure the OP is not an Imagineer planning on creating a new attraction to replace the restaurant. If anything they may just be "Armchair" designing a dream park in the Imagineering thread here on WDWMagic.

It's true, but everyone is insisting, and not unfairly, that the potential spot is (partly) taken up by a sit-down restaurant, whose space is not enough to cover an attraction space. As such, it won't really work.

NiarrNDisney

It's true, but everyone is insisting, and not unfairly, that the potential spot is (partly) taken up by a sit-down restaurant, whose space is not enough to cover an attraction space. As such, it won't really work.

No one is insisting anything. All anyone has done is answered you questions as best they can and attempted to understand what is motivating you to ask said questions.
If you want to dream up an attraction that goes into the Plaza Inn in your dream park then by all means please do but realize that there is a thread area (Imagineering) better suited for this subject matter.

mharrington

Original Poster
No one is insisting anything. All anyone has done is answered you questions as best they can and attempted to understand what is motivating you to ask said questions.
If you want to dream up an attraction that goes into the Plaza Inn in your dream park then by all means please do but realize that there is a thread area (Imagineering) better suited for this subject matter.

I understand. However, I was told there that the space I chose was simply too valuable to be sacrificed for an attraction. That is why I brought this up: to see if shutting down something as valuable as this for something else had ever been done before.

NiarrNDisney

I understand. However, I was told there that the space I chose was simply too valuable to be sacrificed for an attraction. That is why I brought this up: to see if shutting down something as valuable as this for something else had ever been done before.

And now I fully understand! The way i see it is its your Dream Park you can do whatever you want in it! Happy creating!

mharrington

Original Poster
And now I fully understand! The way i see it is its your Dream Park you can do whatever you want in it! Happy creating!

No, it's not. It's my idea for I would do with the Magic Kingdom. When people say "dream park", at least in this case, I think of "not taking real-world constraints into account". "Dream park", to me, means "park that does not exist at all". If a restaurant space is too valuable to remove, then it won't be removed.

MrConbon

No, it's not. It's my idea for I would do with the Magic Kingdom. When people say "dream park", at least in this case, I think of "not taking real-world constraints into account". "Dream park", to me, means "park that does not exist at all". If a restaurant space is too valuable to remove, then it won't be removed.

So that’s your version of a dream park than...

You’ve been very condescending the whole time and refused to actually get to the point of why you made the thread. People aren’t going to just give you answers for questions that you need. We aren’t walking Wikipedias.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I thought that if I said I wanted to close it, it would have led to the same remarks that I would have gotten anyway. That's why I was obfuscating, because I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything that hadn't been done before. And this didn't seem like anything that was done in the parks before.

If I had stated the hypothetical question right out, I would think you would have thought this should have gone more in the Imagineering section.

Well, since you are not (1) Bob Iger or (2) Bob Chapek, your question IS hypothetical. And should have gone into the Imagineering section, as opposed to General Discussion.

Words of advice. Don't obfuscate. Don't be so condescending or unpleasant when people, who genuinely want to help, ask additional questions because you provide misleading answers. And when called out, admit and apologize. As I said before, people don't like to feel they've been hoodwinked or had their time wasted.

LAKid53

Premium Member

If the OP was an Imagineer, they wouldn't need to come on a Disney discussion board and ask about closing a restaurant and replace it with a M&G.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

...a copy of rollercoaster tycoon or themepark would get the job done ;)

mharrington

Original Poster
Well, since you are not (1) Bob Iger or (2) Bob Chapek, your question IS hypothetical. And should have gone into the Imagineering section, as opposed to General Discussion.

Words of advice. Don't obfuscate. Don't be so condescending or unpleasant when people, who genuinely want to help, ask additional questions because you provide misleading answers. And when called out, admit and apologize. As I said before, people don't like to feel they've been hoodwinked or had their time wasted.

How was I condescending or unpleasant? I have Aspergers, and I take things literally. For your information, you kind of hurt my feelings. Maybe I could have phrased it better, but I feel hurt.

I put it here instead of Imagineering, because I wanted to see if closing high-profile restaurants has been done before. The thing is I have difficulty phrasing things.

LAKid53

Premium Member
How was I condescending or unpleasant? I have Aspergers, and I take things literally. For your information, you kind of hurt my feelings. Maybe I could have phrased it better, but I feel hurt.

I put it here instead of Imagineering, because I wanted to see if closing high-profile restaurants has been done before. The thing is I have difficulty phrasing things.

I'm not the only one who thought that. If you know you aren't the best in phrasing things, then state that up front. People kept asking you questions in order to determine exactly what information you wanted. Your responses were somewhat dismissive and misleading. My advice was intended as constructive criticism. It was obvious many trying to help you were getting frustrated.

mharrington

Original Poster
I'm not the only one who thought that. If you know you aren't the best in phrasing things, then state that up front. People kept asking you questions in order to determine exactly what information you wanted. Your responses were somewhat dismissive and misleading. My advice was intended as constructive criticism. It was obvious many trying to help you were getting frustrated.

I'm sorry if I came across as dismissive. It was not intended as such. I am just very sensitive to criticism, even constructive.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm sorry if I came across as dismissive. It was not intended as such. I am just very sensitive to criticism, even constructive.

Then my friend the internet isnt a place for your sensitivities. If you had asked originally about the economic feasibility or ROI per square foot it might have fared better.

nickys

Premium Member
So that’s your version of a dream park than...

You’ve been very condescending the whole time and refused to actually get to the point of why you made the thread. People aren’t going to just give you answers for questions that you need. We aren’t walking Wikipedias.

Actually there are some who are way, way better than Wikipedia! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom