News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
It's more aesthetically pleasing than the Riviera build-out with a much more substantial lobby, has a better location as you mentioned, and comes with none of the re-sale restrictions that Riviera has. I think it will fly off the shelves as fast as they want it to (depending on how they price it and/or incentivise).

For clarity there has not been an official announcement whether new or old association to know if it will have resale restrictions.

But yes, it should sell well assuming there are no surprises with annual dues, and there shouldn't be given the existing resort and tower structure.

I don't think incentives will be aggressive and that Disney will happy to sit and sell over year's, like Riviera. I'll do on hill that Disney has been okay with Riviera pace because it's great to slays have an EPCOT resort to sell. Fort Wilderness, on the other hand, is a disaster.

Incomudro

I like the images of the interior in and of itself.
The issue is that the entire structure doesn't fit in where it is.
Will Disney erect a high rise (yes I know it's not the technically correct term) next to the Grand Floridian next?
Just build a tower, and put some Victorian style trim on it?
Because that's the equivalent of what they did here.

DisneyOutsider

For clarity there has not been an official announcement whether new or old association to know if it will have resale restrictions.

But yes, it should sell well assuming there are no surprises with annual dues, and there shouldn't be given the existing resort and tower structure.

I don't think incentives will be aggressive and that Disney will happy to sit and sell over year's, like Riviera. I'll do on hill that Disney has been okay with Riviera pace because it's great to slays have an EPCOT resort to sell. Fort Wilderness, on the other hand, is a disaster.
I don't think there's any lack of clarity at all, here... It will be a part of the old association... that's a done deal. They have repeatedly said so in all of their communications. Rooms haven't been declared yet, but this is not a new association. They're not going back on that now. Not to mention they've been exercising ROFR on Poly contracts like never before. It's just a formality at this point.

I might agree with you on the pricing and Riv comparison were it not for the terrible flop of Fort Wilderness. They're looking at actively selling Riv, Aulani, FW Cabins, Poly, and Disneyland Tower all at once. That's a TON of inventory to be sitting on. They might start dangling some carrots if things don't pick up soon. Though I'm not sure that Poly needs extra incentive to sell initially.

Incomudro

Some latest pics

The-Villas-at-Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_55995.jpg

The-Villas-at-Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_56000.jpg

The-Villas-at-Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_55993.jpg

🤮

DisneyOutsider

I like the images of the interior in and of itself.
The issue is that the entire structure doesn't fit in where it is.
Will Disney erect a high rise (yes I know it's not the technically correct term) next to the Grand Floridian next?
Just build a tower, and put some Victorian style trim on it?
Because that's the equivalent of what they did here.
The kind of already did that? Not as tall as the Poly addition, but the Poly plot was a bit more land-restricted.

IMG_2048.jpg

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I don't think there's any lack of clarity at all, here... It will be a part of the old association... that's a done deal. They have repeatedly said so in all of their communications. Rooms haven't been declared yet, but this is not a new association. They're not going back on that now. Not to mention they've been exercising ROFR on Poly contracts like never before. It's just a formality at this point.

I might agree with you on the pricing and Riv comparison were it not for the terrible flop of Fort Wilderness. They're looking at actively selling Riv, Aulani, FW Cabins, Poly, and Disneyland Tower all at once. That's a TON of inventory to be sitting on. They might start dangling some carrots if things don't pick up soon. Though I'm not sure that Poly needs extra incentive to sell initially.

I'm with you that it's heading in one direction but offered clarity to anyone casually reading that may think of official to know that it's not yet formalized.

A large list of actively sold resorts is, imo, a good thing. Selling in small groups deprived consumer choices. There are times in DVC history where it's been one pushed Orlando resort + Aulani. Now there will be two MK area resorts, one EPCOT area, one Disneyland, and still Hawaii.

Disney is sitting on inventory but it's not wasted and going unused. All of these resorts are putting rooms into cash side and, as I understand, occupancy is high or will be high at all *because* they are new (Riviera, VDH) or niche (Aulani). FW and Aulani slow are seen as weaknesses but it keeps more rooms in cash inventory by slowing the the rate rooms are declared and converted to point inventory. Until a resort fails to fill with cash reservations there's no reason for Disney to worry.

Virtual Toad

That's The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. It's quite the eyesore when compared with the rest of the resort.

View attachment 784740
In terms of size it does dwarf the main GF buildings, but at least they made an effort to match the theme and style. The fact that the original GF is taller than the Poly minimizes the mismatch in size between the original GF and its DVC as well. If you didn't know any better, you'd assume they're part of the same resort and that's exactly as it should be.

In the case of the Poly DVC, not only is the new structure jarring from a size standpoint compared to the longhouses, there was absolutely no effort at thematic continuity. So in a way it's the worst of both worlds.

Fido Chuckwagon

If these rooms don’t sell, will they learn? I could be mistaken but I didn’t think Riviera sold as well as anticipated.
Remember, they're not selling "these rooms." They're just selling the Poly again, without resale restrictions. I think this is going to sell quite well, and quite fast compared to Riviera and CFW. PVB was very popular when it went on sale the first time.

davis_unoxx

Disney getting trashed in the comments on social media. Very common sight now that people compares there parks vs Tokyo, especially now with Disney releasing Fantasy Springs press.

Attachments

• IMG_0653.jpeg
    IMG_0653.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 116

lazyboy97o

Disney getting trashed in the comments on social media. Very common sight now that people compares there parks vs Tokyo, especially now with Disney releasing Fantasy Springs press.
The problem though is that the new hotel at Tokyo DisneySEA is hideous. The new Polynesian tower even has the benefit of not poorly trying to be something completely different. It doesn’t mesh well with its context but it’s not as offensive as a standalone object.

James Alucobond

The problem though is that the new hotel at Tokyo DisneySEA is hideous. The new Polynesian tower even has the benefit of not poorly trying to be something completely different. It doesn’t mesh well with its context but it’s not as offensive as a standalone object.
Oh, I thought I was alone in this sentiment, though I don’t visit the Tokyo section of these boards. All I see is people gushing about Tokyo, but I find the hotel puzzling in that it’s essentially a big box with odd scrollwork I don’t really know how to describe. It’s like they extracted some swashes from something baroque or rococo and then scaled it up to create a couple appliqués that feel really aesthetically juvenile for some reason.

ToTBellHop

I’m really not impressed by what I’m seeing in Fantasy Springs. I’d take Lantern Festival and leave the rest.

eddie104

I was about to say compared to the concept art for that hotel it definitely is downgraded.

How do you feel about the interior?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom