Rumor Moana E-Ticket Ride to Adventureland

Fox&Hound

+ Jungle Cruise and the Riverboat (if it survives)
Yeah but in the FL heat more water rides is a good thing. The fact that pirates is indoors kind of breaks up the look of “oh look another splash down water ride!”

Kinda wish the other parks, especially DHS and AK had more water rides though. Seem to be a disproportionate amount in Mk and Epcot.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Could this be the flume they showed off as blue sky for DAK, or something compeletely different? Because that'll put three water rides on the east half of MK with Tiana, Pirates and now Moana.
View attachment 783127
What’s wrong with that? Islands does that and those water rides get you even wetter!

We got our Fire Mountain with TRON and Matterhorn with SDMT for all intents and purposes.

Bocabear

Yeah but in the FL heat more water rides is a good thing. The fact that pirates is indoors kind of breaks up the look of “oh look another splash down water ride!”

Kinda wish the other parks, especially DHS and AK had more water rides though. Seem to be a disproportionate amount in Mk and Epcot.
there are two in DAK and zero in DHS... Clearly DHS needs an amazing water attraction...the closest was the water mist in the Mermaid show or the overspray from Catastrophe Canyon...lol It is surprising to me the have never consider a boat or water based attraction for the studios.
As hot as DAK is, they could easily have another water based attraction...but a really good one this time...because Kali River Rapids is kind of over before it begins...lol

James Alucobond

Could this be the flume they showed off as blue sky for DAK, or something compeletely different? Because that'll put three water rides on the east half of MK with Tiana, Pirates and now Moana.
View attachment 783127
I don't see a way that it's not a water ride. It's Moana. That said, the sailing simulation patent we saw was likely for this, so we'll see if it retains a significant flume element or not. Still hoping they basically just drop the entire Moana area from the AK concept into this plot (flume or no flume) and move magic carpets over to be re-themed to the proposed kakamora spinner. I want that thing out of the center of Adventureland.

UNCgolf

I don't see a way that it's not a water ride. It's Moana. That said, the sailing simulation patent we saw was likely for this, so we'll see if it retains a significant flume element or not. Still hoping they basically just drop the entire Moana area from the AK concept into this plot (flume or no flume) and move magic carpets over to be re-themed to the proposed kakamora spinner. I want that thing out of the center of Adventureland.

I don't think they'll be able to do that due to the nature of the plot -- Martin already indicated that if this happens it'll likely only be the attraction back there, with the queue starting in current Adventureland.

I desperately wish they'd get rid of the carpets too, though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Moana seems popular enough to warrant more than a retheme of an old show. This ride makes Journey of Water feel even stranger but at least it’s pretty, I suppose.
WDW doesn't want a child to walk into any WDW park and not encounter at least 8 of their top ten IPs in some form.

You want Bessie crying that she was dragged to MK, DAK, and DHS, and there WAS NO MOANA!!!1!??

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I got it from this post, but I think it is worth illustrating the area where this is being considered:

screenshot_20240415-105459-png.779456
I thought that's where 'Moana's Sleeping Adventure Hotel and Resort' was going...

eddie104

Yes please !!!!
I don't think they'll be able to do that due to the nature of the plot -- Martin already indicated that if this happens it'll likely only be the attraction back there, with the queue starting in current Adventureland.

I desperately wish they'd get rid of the carpets too, though.
Well the attraction still gonna need a facade so we get some of the original concept art.

doctornick

The negative thing to me there is that the facade of the DAK artwork ride looked pretty cool and it would be unfortunate to not have that clearly visible from a guest area/start of the queue.

𝕴𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖗97

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Real question I have about this is what is the backside going to look like? Are they going to have another fully visible Blue Box? Can't exactly build a green mountain when they have one right next door.

doctornick

Real question I have about this is what is the backside going to look like? Are they going to have another fully visible Blue Box? Can't exactly build a green mountain when they have one right next door.
What “green mountain” are you talking about? Based on the location there doesn’t seem like any chance you’d see the show building for this from inside the park. There could be some visible from outside (the front) of the park but hopefully they’d hide that effectively. It probably wouldn’t be too tall of a building and the first story would hopefully be on the “ground floor” (level of the utilidoors) so a bit depressed

Last edited:

𝕴𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖗97

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
What “green mountain” are you talking about? Based on the location there doesn’t seem like any chance you’d see the show building for this from inside the park. There could be some visible from outside the front) of the park but hopefully they’d hide effectively. It probably wouldn’t be too tall of a building and the first story would hopefully be on the “ground floor” (level of the utilidoors) so a bit depressed
TBA is the other green mountain. I'm thinking from the Monorail side, I'd just rather not see another big building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom