Space 220 - is it a real elevator?

osian

Original Poster
A question you were always afraid to ask!

I've always assumed it was a real elevator, I can imagine the restaurant being on a higher level than ground because of the big screens and projection equipment. But actually it could just be a walkthrough. I've never been there and I can't work out if you exit through the same door you entered, which would be a gievaway that it's a real one, but a different door wouldn't be conclusive one way or the other.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
A question you were always afraid to ask!

I've always assumed it was a real elevator, I can imagine the restaurant being on a higher level than ground because of the big screens. But actually it could just be a walkthrough. I've never been there and I can't work out if you exit through the same door you entered, which would be a gievaway that it's a real one, but a different door wouldn't be conclusive one way or the other.
Did you ever do The Living Seas?

JIMINYCR

Yeah, no elevator. Just the illusion that you are going up. It’s fascinating how the brain can take in the images and fool you into feeling you are actually raising. Years ago guests that took the Living Sea “ hydrolator “ swore they had sickness due to atmospheric pressure changes.
Shows how good the Imagineers can be when they put their best work forward.

Eric Graham

nm...It's more of a themed ride than a thrill ride. "The drop on Rise of the Resistance feels like a more simulated drop than an actual drop. You get in front of a simulation screen, and there's some hydraulics that make the floor go down to simulate a drop. It's tiny and lasts a few seconds"

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
nm...It's more of a themed ride than a thrill ride. "The drop on Rise of the Resistance feels like a more simulated drop than an actual drop. You get in front of a simulation screen, and there's some hydraulics that make the floor go down to simulate a drop. It's tiny and lasts a few seconds"
Not exactly (should start playing in the right place but feel free to watch my waffle beforehand):

Last edited:

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I was pretty impressed with the trick when I went inside last summer. It def added to the "story" that we were going into space for a couple cocktails.

Cmdr_Crimson

Then "Real" question is....When are they going to update this image of the "oh so perfectly position cloud" to show the rest of Communicore On the space elevator?
space-220-stellarvator-the-pit-1.jpg

They don't have too much left to finish now..

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom