News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
⛵⛵⛵⛵⚓

I have actively been googling "anchor rides" "theme parks" and I'm not finding much.

Who wants a ride?!?!

1713810986316.png

WaltWiz1901

A few quick observations:
  • Glad to see they recognized that not every new dark ride has to be trackless...
  • ...but given how many LPS-controlled rides they've built in the past decade, it's nuts that most of the IPs that could've benefitted from a trackless approach the most were all but completely ignored
  • So the carousel is inspired by Coco in the same way that Journey of Water is inspired by Moana, I presume? Huh
  • If Joe Rohde is involved, I have faith in him that he can make this lopsided-at-face-value land work
Worst comes to worst, they can make The Lion King a dry ride.
  • I actually would prefer this to just cloning the rumored Paris attraction wholesale, if only to A. add another mid-level ride to AK, B. balance out the ride types, and C. provide a significantly different experience for the same IP. Not like it hasn't happened before

Brer Panther

- Conversion of Dinosaur to Indy. New storyline, ties will to AK.
Whee. Can't wait for all those dinosaur animatronics to be scrapped for parts like the Universe of Energy ones, or for dinosaurs to be banished from Walt Disney World entirely.
- Encanto boat ride. Nothing firm on story, assuming the animal angle will be played up via Antonio.
I'd be shocked if the Encanto ride is about animals. I'd also be shocked if at no point in the attraction did the characters sing "We Don't Talk About Bruno".

Karakasa

I just wanna know if Indiana Jones is going to have any dinosaurs in it, sort of a "Lost World" situation, or time travel via temple magic. Need to know if my inevitable "say goodbye to Dinosaur" trip is going to be a celebration of its life or a mourning, lol. Still think if no dinosaurs are involved, Disney's making a huge mistake.

It'd also be wild if they close Dinorama before the rest of Dinoland, but it makes perfect sense. Few go on Dinosaur, but absolutely no one goes on Tricera-top Spin, and hardly anyone plays the carnival games even with the promise of exclusive plushies. I wonder if people will change minds about the theme of the land once Dinorama is gone, because I legitimately think the side of the land including the Boneyard, Restaurantosaurus, the croc and bird exhibits, and through to Dinosaur is easily as well-themed as Harambe or Anandapur. While I appreciate Dinorama, I 100% understand why people are so negative about it. At a glance, it looks like, ahem, coprolite. It only "comes alive" on close investigation, which you don't want with any theme park.

... hopefully they take down the "Donald's Dino-Bash" signs before closing Dinoland completely, at least...

VERY excited to hear animal exhibits will be incorporated. Besides losing dinosaurs, it was probably my biggest gripe based on the concept art seemingly lacking any, well, animals in Animal Kingdom. So that's 1 out my 2 biggest issues.

Moth

Whee. Can't wait for all those dinosaur animatronics to be scrapped for parts like the Universe of Energy ones, or for dinosaurs to be banished from Walt Disney World entirely.

I'd be shocked if the Encanto ride is about animals. I'd also be shocked if at no point in the attraction did the characters sing "We Don't Talk About Bruno".
It's okay, there's one place dinosaurs can stay at Walt Disney World! The T-REX Cafe!!!

James Alucobond

I wonder if people will change minds about the theme of the land once Dinorama is gone, because I legitimately think the side of the land including the Boneyard, Restaurantosaurus, the croc and bird exhibits, and through to Dinosaur is easily as well-themed as Harambe or Anandapur. While I appreciate Dinorama, I 100% understand why people are so negative about it. At a glance, it looks like, ahem, coprolite. It only "comes alive" on close investigation, which you don't want with any theme park.
There is a certain kind of guest who always retroactively looks upon things from the past more favorably, warranted or not. They do not represent the majority. As much as I like Dinosaur, the land in general apparently did not score well with guests, and I really see no way the proposed slate of new attractions and improvements to the environs won’t boost the profile of the park across the board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom