Rumor Lion King Flume Ride being considered for Animal Kingdom

James Alucobond

I mean, “psychological transformation through adventure” doesn’t fundamentally mean that much anyway. I always read the statements as being connected, e.g. demonstrate the value inherent in nature/animals via transformative experiences that celebrate the adventure and wonder they intrinsically inspire, thereby calling us to awareness and action in the areas of preservation and conservation.

Brer Panther

Until you know the story of the Encanto ride, which takes place in the Tropical Americas, no one can say it doesn't fit.
It will most likely be celebrating the culture of the area. Which makes it fit.
Wouldn't an attraction that "celebrates the culture of the area" fit better in EPCOT's World Showcase than it would in Animal Kingdom?

James Alucobond

Wouldn't an attraction that "celebrates the culture of the area" fit better in EPCOT's World Showcase than it would in Animal Kingdom?
I agree that just “celebrates the culture” is insufficient for Animal Kingdom, but I think somewhere along the line they actually outright stated that the World Showcase ride paradigm shifted to “stories inspired by the culture” while the shows and CircleVision stuff remained exploration/celebration of the culture. That was why part of the SSE redo was to center on the history of storytelling.

Fido Chuckwagon

You wouldn’t do Pirates of the Caribbean without it being a water based ride, similarly you wouldn’t make Space Mountain a water based ride.

While I understand that thematically it could work, a water based attraction is not the first thing that comes to my mind if I could have an attraction based on TLK.
Roller Coaster where you are Mufasa running from wildebeests?

Edit: Too Soon?

Fox&Hound

I hope some meet and greets would come along with Lion King and Encanto. That would continue to add offerings if you can meet Rafiki, Timon and Pumba, Bruno, and maybe Mirabel. One can hope…

The Leader of the Club

I would hope they would concentrate efforts on amazing new attractions instead of masquerading Meet and Greets as new additions.
Why not both? DAK needs more things for kids to do, and M&G’s provide that.

I think these new expansions should include permanent M&G facilities. ESPECIALLY since we are potentially losing Donald, Daisy, and the Chipmunks when Dinoland closes.

SplashJacket

1713831122446.png

Lion King Land potential concept art leak (or more likely, AI-generated fan-concept). from Paris's potential Lion King Land Expansion to Disney Adventure World (Formerly Walt Disney Studios Paris).

Likely not what is coming to DAK, but interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:

ProjectXBlog

Maybe it’s real, but that seriously looks like AI kludging of existing concept art. The flume looks very similar to the Moana AK blue sky.

EDIT: Simultaneous samebrain, apparently. 😆
I’d say it’s the exact same flume art, just with tiny alterations. If this isn’t fake then I guess concept artists share assets like that. Something about Pride Rock looks really off though.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Uh yea no. this was made up after avatar. I followed the construction of the park, used to read every interview with rhode and read the making of the park book.

It was always about animals: the real, extinct, and the imaginary. Not psychological transformation lol

From a summary of the talk Joe gave on the 10th anniversary of AK:

Joe shared the various themes at the heart of Disney's Animal Kingdom — not only the intrinsic value of nature but also the overpowering effect of physical adventure that if you go out and dare yourself to do things you'll come back changed.

2008 was well before Pandora was even a concept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom