The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
Wow they brought back the horticulture tour. Hopefully they’ll tell us where they bought that killer artificial turf.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Last edited:

Consumer

Might be the only person in this ballpark rooting for Anaheim.
IMG_2230.jpeg

DrAlice

Just curious: Did they ever finish whatever they were doing to the Adventureland bathrooms? Or is the entrance to the land still a big construction wall?

mickEblu

Original Poster
One interesting side effect of the reservation system is that the park actually empties out now in the evening. At least on Sunday nights. I’m talking walk ons to 10 minute waits for all Fantasyland rides not named Matterhorn/ Pan by 7pm. We’ve noticed this on a few trips now. In years past before the reservation system you’d see Fantasyland still full of parents and young kids until 11pm/ midnight.

No spontaneous visits and people making the most “bang for their buck” on their reservation day I suppose. If you have a reservation you are more likely to spend more hours there and make a day out if it. Especially if you have young children. I guess if you’re super local it doesn’t matter what time you get there but they still cut out the spontaneous visits and that affects locals more than anybody.

Last edited:

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
One interesting side effect of the reservation system is that the park actually empties out now in the evening. At least on Sunday nights. I’m talking walk ons to 10 minute waits in Fantasyland by 7pm. We’ve noticed this on a few trips now. In years past before the reservation system you’d see Fantasyland still full of parents and young kids until 11pm/ midnight.
Any idea when that is going away, if ever?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Any idea when that is going away, if ever?

Haha No. I suspect it’ll be around for a while but you have to wonder if they’ll tinker with it. I can’t imagine they like the park empty in the evening. Especially on days they close at midnight.
If it goes away I would think it would be for day tickets only. I expect Keys keep some type of reservation system like they were going to do with the old APs with the Flex pass.

mickEblu

Original Poster
MMRR feels really lifeless. Doesn’t help that moving Mickey/ Minnie on the balloons and the flags haven’t been moving in quite a while. The scenes that don’t feel “dead” to me are first tunnel with Mickey/ Minnie, Tornado, waterfall scene (because of the neat effect other wise feels dead), city scene and final nighttime park scene. So over half the ride is “fine” but it never finds its groove with lifeless scenes scattered throughout. Doesn’t help that three out of the first four scenes are some of the most lacking.

I will say though they did a really good job with the Toontown redo. It’s actually a destination now and always packed. Really good use of space. Of course this didn’t come without some sacrifices like the fountains although I do really enjoy the new fountain. That splash pad is super weak too and overall Donald’s boat is a downgrade and we lost the waterfall. Overall a very strong net positive with the Toontown Redo. I’d probably say this even without MMRR which obviously takes it way over the top. Roger Rabbit sticks out like a sore thumb and you have to wonder how numbered its days are. It’s one of my favorite movies of all time and even I only ride it maybe 1-2 times a year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom