New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

SplashJacket

For all the criticism people throw at Disney for slow construction.

This is it. This is the one project where no one can say anything 😂

It’s legitimately wild, and I think most cries of slow construction are overblown

monothingie

Turn those machines back on!
Premium Member
For all the criticism people throw at Disney for slow construction.

This is it. This is the one project where no one can say anything 😂

It’s legitimately wild, and I think most cries of slow construction are overblown
This is likely being paid for by the Restaurant entity using Disney selected or approved contractors.

I’d wager it’s a combination of cash flow issues and materials shortages. I also can’t imagine that the rent payments are being waived by Disney, as well as some sort of additional compensation to Disney for hurting the brand of the resort.

Bocabear

As the construction is happening on a Disney owned resort building, you would think that Disney would handle all of the build-out... so if the tenant is having cash flow issues, the project doesn't sit in an unfinished state for years awaiting the Tenant to win the lotto to complete the construction... There really is no good reason they do not at least get this structure closed up and completed on the exterior.... Then they can spend another 3 to 5 years to complete the Marriott inspired thematic interior.

ToTBellHop

As the construction is happening on a Disney owned resort building, you would think that Disney would handle all of the build-out... so if the tenant is having cash flow issues, the project doesn't sit in an unfinished state for years awaiting the Tenant to win the lotto to complete the construction... There really is no good reason they do not at least get this structure closed up and completed on the exterior.... Then they can spend another 3 to 5 years to complete the Marriott inspired thematic interior.
9 out of 10 guests actually enjoy the authentic “we are rebuilding after Hurricane Sandy” story we are seeing play out on the BoardWalk. They’ll finish rebuilding on time no matter how long it takes!

optjay

1000005647.jpg

At least the purple is mostly painted over.
Does this mean the building will be receiving a "dryvit" type coating and not a "typical" New England clap board or shingle exterior?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom