News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

JoeCamel

Because it’s not time.
time.png

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Can somebody tell me there's a chance that this will be open by June? Our trip is June 1st-7th.
The current thoughts are that early June will be previews for CM, Club 33, APs etc. However, the delay in announcing an opening date seems to suggest there could be some doubt, and this timeframe may shift. Best of luck!

TrainsOfDisney

Out of curiosity, do vintage car enthusiasts shudder at stuff like this? Having antiques repainted and displayed in an amusement park instead of professionally restored and preserved in a museum?
Trains are more my specialty but I love to see historic locomotives at theme parks. There are lots of historic artifacts and vehicles all around Disney.

One of my complaints of the old DCA tower was they had plastic looking prop boilers in the basement vs. the real thing in Florida. It’s all those details that make the place real.

mergatroid

Just want to point out…
Weren’t the vehicles in World of Motion pretty clean?
I think that cars being used throughout a HISTORY of TRANSPORTATION should have picked up some wear and tear over the years.
But you never see anybody bring that up.
Just sayin’

(And I am aware that the Presentational style of EPCOT Center is different than the New Traditional style of TBA, but show elements like animals, rock work, and, y’know, cars, should be pretty realistic in either one)
You just know had they bought a 1920's original beat up old car that the conversation but be along the lines of .........

"See how cheap they are putting a battered old vehicle up like that. Couldn't even afford a fresh coat of paint" :rolleyes:

TrainsOfDisney

You just know had they bought a 1920's original beat up old car that the conversation but be along the lines of .........

"See how cheap they are putting a battered old vehicle up like that. Couldn't even afford a fresh coat of paint" :rolleyes:
The problem is the logo - I’m also not sure if the color purple would have been used in the 1920’s but it’s mostly the logo that makes it look inaccurate and out of place.

JohnD

The problem is the logo - I’m also not sure if the color purple would have been used in the 1920’s but it’s mostly the logo that makes it look inaccurate and out of place.
You're kidding, right? Purple, yellow (gold), and green are synonymous with New Orleans. What colors do you normally see during Mardi Gras? Those colors.

"The Mardi Gras colors can indeed be traced back to the first Rex parade held in 1872"

TrainsOfDisney

You're kidding, right? Purple, yellow (gold), and green are synonymous with New Orleans. What colors do you normally see during Mardi Gras? Those colors.

"The Mardi Gras colors can indeed be traced back to the first Rex parade held in 1872"
I was talking about delivery trucks specifically. Not in general.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

The last batch of critters has been revealed.

The musical tapestry of New Orleans is woven with traditions and voices from all over the world. We’ve gotten a sneak peek at critters who play Zydeco music, and critters who perform Rara music, and now it’s time to introduce you to critters who bring the jazzy sounds and complex rhythms of Afro-Cuban music to life in the bayou.

View attachment 778333
Felipe the Frog – Deep among the cypress trees, you’ll hear band leader Felipe making musical magic on the piano! Felipe is also the proprietor of an exclusive bayou night club, where the local fireflies love to dance the night away to a musical recipe of hot rhythms and spicy melodies. He’s an old-school family guy, especially to his “family” in the band.

Mayra the Frog – Have you ever seen a frog play a flower blossom like a trumpet? You will when you meet Mayra; be sure to stick around for one of her toe-tapping solos. Mayra’s the most ambitious of the four frogs and has been practicing her instrument since she was just a tadpole!

Mondo the Frog – Mondo is a natural on the conga drums, which he made as a happy accident when his favorite bottle cap got stuck on his second-favorite acorn. From there, the rhythm in Mondo’s soul took over! He’s very copacetic and accepts what comes, a trait as steady and reliable as his drumbeat.

Isabel the Green Tree Frog – Learning from Mondo’s example, Isabel loves getting lost in the music playing her congas. She’s the youngest member of the group, and there’s nothing she loves more than “going with the flow” and getting to play drums all night long!

From Zydeco to Rara to Afro-Cuban jazz, you’ll hear all kinds of musical flavors from critters big and small around the bayou, just like you would walking the streets of the French Quarter in the Crescent City. Of course, not everyone you’ll meet in the attraction is a musician – among others are a couple of amphibious friends who love to sit back, relax and catch up on all the gossip from around the bayou. Gloria and Delores the frogs are best friends who love to observe folks as they float in logs down the bayou. Don’t be surprised if they keep their watchful eyes on you as you float by.

Also, keep an eye out for Lari the armadillo. This mischievous fella, while quiet in demeanor, seems to always show up where you least expect him to. I hear he has a habit of “borrowing” things that aren’t his (although those things eventually make it into the right “paws”).

View attachment 778334View attachment 778335

Speaking of critters big and small, you’ll meet them throughout the attraction, and some really are … big, with an even bigger personality.

Details from the link below.

These are by far my favorite designs from the ride. I love them.

LittleBuford

Does this signage in Frontierland look like something singing bears could have constructed in 1898 when grizzly hall opened?View attachment 778632View attachment 778634
Also seems kind of out of place to have a sign in the wild west say Splash Mountain in a widly different font and color scheme then the rest...
View attachment 778635
The difference is that these signs are aesthetically pleasing and thematically appropriate (the Splash Mountain one more for the ride than for the land). The fonts they’ve used for TBA are neither—and I say that as someone who’s otherwise been supportive of the retheme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom