Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Moth

I think a blue sky with Figment would be the most shameful, half-baked, lip-service thing ever done at a D23.

So obviously its going to happen. And one idea will be Inside Out and the single Figment idea they'd bring won't have Dreamfinder.

Magic Kingdom:
Beyond Big Thunder? Maybe?

Not feeling a Moana Adventureland announcement happening at D23 but it's coming eventually.

Seconding a 'small MK classic refurb'. I don't know which one but I can see Tiki Room or CoP.
Stitch replacement announcement.
Speedway going Electric? Combine that with the above prediction. That makes sense.

EPCOT:
Test Track 3.0 news, probably ending that with someone saying "It's Fun To Be Free!" and winking at the crowd.

Song won't appear on the ride.

More Figment teasing that goes nowhere. If we're lucky a blue sky.

Hollywood Studios:

Launch Bay replacement blue sky.

Animal Kingdom

Tropical America

Last edited:

peng

From another forum, according to someone that did have media access, D'Amaro has said both concrete things and blue sky will be shown off. Anyways Predictions.
Definitely Happening:
  • Tropical Americas is shown off, attractions are given names and some concept art, not much detail is shown, the Encanto ride is the one with the most detail, Indiana Jones may be swapped for something else. Dinoland closure is announced for September.
  • BBT has IPs attached, but not any actual attractions. Coco and Villains remain, Encanto is swapped for something else.
  • Test Track redo gets an opening window and a new piece of concept art, WOM stuff isn't elaborated on (or is barely on the actual ride).
  • Something Avatar related is shown off.
  • Too much time is spent on Meet and Greets, again.
  • Another blue sky segment that will be completely different at next year's Destination D.
  • This board has an aneurysm during the 20 minute games section, in which they show 1 piece of vague concept art about Fortnite and will mostly focus on mobile games that will EOS by the end of 2024.
May Happen:
  • Another attraction in MK outside of Tropical Americas (feel Avatar is most likely).
  • A new parade appearing somewhere
  • Concrete details on Disneyland Forward besides anything Avatar related
  • Moana in adventureland
Will Probably Not Happen
  • Spaceship Earth/Imagination redo (side note: feel figment is here to stay at this point).
  • HS redo information (feel this is going to be the blue sky thing, though I have no idea what should go in Animation Courtyard)
  • A price drop for anything/perks returning.
  • A Nighttime parade in WDW (because they're too cheap for this to happen)
  • Any additions to Galaxy's Edge
Wild Cards
  • (note this is just random predictions that have little chance but I feel make sense)
  • Tiki Room redo similar to the country bears redo.
  • Kingdom Hearts ride at Tokyo Disneyland (possibly replacing their star tours)

Last edited:

ppete1975

i dont want to rehash what everyone else is saying.
I would assume something star wars

Out of left field but something tells me it could happen. Mary poppins happening, something with tom sawyers island even if it is just a freshen up and update.

peng

I don't really see anything star wars happening aside from a quick mention of using the starcruiser space for something else, we'd hear more whispers on that front if that was true. Similarly, I'm not expecting any more additions to Epcot within the next few years for the same reason, even though the area known as future world has a lot of rides that need redos (I actually like the central area, though Connections needs more flair). Disney seems to be pivoting investment to AK and MK for the near and medium term.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
My predictions (not based on any insider information I have received, except that which I have already said about an IP that doesn't fit in MK):

MK: Beyond Big Thunder is officially announced with Cars OR Toy Story. Moana thrill ride for Adventureland. (I think Coco will be AK only)

Epcot: Nada, except maybe a Spaceship Earth announcement (EDIT: forgot about Test Track, there will definitely be more details)

DHS: Animation Courtyard replacement with Zootopia

AK: Encanto, Coco, and Indiana Jones officially announced

Last edited:

DisneyDodo

DAK:
- Tropical Americas officially announced. TA model displayed. Preliminary details about the attractions. Closing dates for Dinoland attractions and opening year for TA
- More details about Zootopia in the ToL (name, ITTBAB closing date, opening season, new concept art)
- Nighttime spectacular with drones (vague concept art, very few details revealed, other than that it’s coming)

MK:
- Phase 1 of BBTM officially announced, with concept art and opening year
- Better concept art for Villians, but no official confirmation that it’s happening, and no talk of specific attractions (though the art will provide some clear hints on that front) or timeline

DHS:
- New missions for MFSR
- Blue Sky discussion about what could one day come to Animation Courtyard
- [Dark Horse] Daytime Pixar parade coming (maybe even part of WDW Pixar fest)

Epcot:
- More details about TT 3.0, including new concept art and opening season

OSUPhantom

MK:
- BBT Details; Coco & Villains but no specific attractions
- Maybe Moana or at least a hint at it

Epcot:
- Hint at future plans but nothing concrete

DHS:
- Mention of future plans for Launch Bay Area, maybe a blue sky concept

DAK:
- Tropical America details; ride names and timeline

I reserve the right to become more optimistic in the future.

J4546

My predictions...

DL - nothing
CA - AC phase 2 ride and Hollywood land/Eastern gateway announcement.

MK - BBT plans
AK - Tropical America's Land and Lion King ride
DHS - Animation Courtyard replacement, RnRc retheme
Epcot - nothing, but will announce Brazil pavilion in Brazil showcase later in the year.

Moth

I think a blue sky with Figment would be the most shameful, half-baked, lip-service thing ever done at a D23.

So obviously its going to happen. And one idea will be Inside Out and the single Figment idea they'd bring won't have Dreamfinder.

Magic Kingdom:
Beyond Big Thunder? Maybe?

Not feeling a Moana Adventureland announcement happening at D23 but it's coming eventually.

Seconding a 'small MK classic refurb'. I don't know which one but I can see Tiki Room or CoP.
Stitch replacement announcement.
Speedway going Electric? Combine that with the above prediction. That makes sense.

EPCOT:
Test Track 3.0 news, probably ending that with someone saying "It's Fun To Be Free!" and winking at the crowd.

Song won't appear on the ride.

More Figment teasing that goes nowhere. If we're lucky a blue sky.

Hollywood Studios:

Launch Bay replacement blue sky.

Animal Kingdom

Tropical America
Dialed back predictions. These feel plausible more.

TTA94

Original Poster
Ah yes, the time of year when people get their hopes up sky-high about D23 being the be-all-end-all of park announcements.

My expectations will remain firmly where they belong - on the floor.

Just a thought but I think it would be helpful for our trusted insiders to create a realistic D23 announcement list, similar to the rumor tracker thread but locked from comments. Not details as I know some things can not be discussed. Also as plans change, and we know they do right up until the last minute, insiders can go on the thread and edit it accordingly.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just a thought but I think it would be helpful for our trusted insiders to create a realistic D23 announcement list, similar to the rumor tracker thread but locked from comments. Not details as I know some things can not be discussed. Also as plans change, and we know they do right up until the last minute, insiders can go on the thread and edit it accordingly.
There’s a reason none of them have.

Phicinfan

Just my gut...

AK - I believe they will show the model for Dinoland redo - but we know not all models get built - i.e. Epcot
AK - Tough to be a bug - going to Zootopia - more details

Epcot - at best maybe some more info on what is happening at TT

DHS - Nothing, maybe blue sky for Animation area - but I am thinking that will be done much later after AK and MK are done.

MK - I don't think we get a locked expansion above BTMRR. To me the IP is still too much in flux still.
MK - AL expansion - I think they share the fact they are looking at the expansion, but I don't think they share art.

So I think many will be disappointed, but I could be wrong.
I also think you will get at least one more Cruise announcement - port or ship. Also, gut says you will get wind of another DVC expansion.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just a thought but I think it would be helpful for our trusted insiders to create a realistic D23 announcement list,
Insiders may know what projects are coming up, but they generally have no idea what will actually get announced whether at a Quarterly Call, at a D23 event, or a random day on The Disney Blog or on Instagram.

Especially since Disney's been known to pull announcements at the last hour.

Disney's been known to have a D23 event with hardly anything announced for the parks, and then a few weeks later, announce something for the parks out of the blue.

britain

Well, they've announced this...

1712924948896.png

It's the catch-all of catch-alls! Just the thing for a second or third gate that used to be more about California/Moviemaking.

Is Disney Adventure World (Disneyland Resort) and Disney Adventure World (Walt Disney World) far behind?

ChewbaccaYourMum

I think:

Animal Kingdom:
-Finalized plans for the Tropical Americas. Closing date for Dinosaur and a possible loose opening year. Like "Sometime 2027" for example.
-They will also have a model of it with more artwork of each area of the land and vague ride artwork as well up in the preview room they usually have at D23.

I don't think that third mystery attraction gets brought up now and they keep the focus instead on Indy and Encanto.

Magic Kingdom:
-Confirm BBTM is happening with more vague artwork and Coco IP ideas. Vague artwork and bluesky idea of Villains Land again, but nothing concrete. Confirm they are extending Frontierland (or whatever they call it) out this way as well.
-Confirm Pecos Bills to be turned to a Tiana themed QS with that area being a new Bayou/New Orleans land.
-Confirmation that they are also expanding Adventureland with bluesky artwork of Moana boat ride, but probably nothing confirmed yet if that's the IP or ride.

Epcot:
-Details on Test Track 3.0 with more in-ride artwork that will probably also be displayed in the preview room.

Hollywood Studios:
-Bluesky artwork and concepts for replacement of Launch Bay and that whole area. My guess is they show bluesky artwork of either Zootopia or Cars Land fitting there. But of course nothing confirmed at all.

Moth

I really think a Figment/Imagination Blue Sky is likely. Especially if we get any sort of news on the Seth Rogen Figment project.

Like, I can visualize it perfectly.

They're gonna say Inside Out and Imagination in the same sentence and it's interpreted as a Call to Arms for the whole site.

Sectorkeeper71

With BBTM seemingly happening, I'm hoping Thunder Mountain gets a nice long, well deserved overhaul (including plussing a few scenes) so it will look its best whenever whatever its new neighbor is opens. Could make the same argument for Haunted Mansion on the other side, but I'm not sure that is as in need of a refresh as Thunder Mountain (unless the refresh fixes the outdoor queue).
Haunted mansion hasn’t had a full fledged refurb since 2007, but to your point I’m not sure if it needs it? My only qualm would be putting the hatbox ghost in a better spot, but that’s unlikely to happen at least anytime soon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom