Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

TTA94

Original Poster
I know there is a thread for Disneyland but did not see one for WDW so I thought I would at least start a thread. I do not fully know what all is planned to be announced so I’ll leave it up to others who are more knowledgeable.

TTA94

Original Poster
I could be wrong on some of this so anyone feel free to correct.

Updated:

Magic Kingdom:
•Beyond Thunder Mountain (More details)
•Moana attraction to Adventureland expansion plot (not yet announced)
•Nighttime Parade (Not yet announced)

Epcot:
•Test Track 3.0 (More details)

Hollywood Studios:
•Animation Courtyard redo (not yet announced)

Animal Kingdom:
•Tropical Americas (More details)
•Possible additional attraction elsewhere in the park (Lion King / Avatar)
•Maybe a nighttime show?

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

These are what I would add based on what's been speculated
I could be wrong on some of this so anyone feel free to correct.

Magic Kingdom:
•Beyond Thunder Mountain (More details)
•Nighttime Parade (Not yet announced)
  • Moana attraction to Adventureland expansion plot (not yet announced)
Epcot:
•Test Track 3.0 (More details)

Hollywood Studios:
Not sure on this one. (Nothing announced yet)
  • Animation Courtyard redo (not yet announced)
Animal Kingdom:
•Tropical Americas (More details)
•Maybe a nighttime show?
  • Possible additional attraction elsewhere in the park (Lion King / Avatar)

KingMickey13

My (very) early predictions:

MK
1. Moana Attraction in Adventureland
2. A theme given for BBT
3. Nighttime Parade?

EPCOT
1. Maybe something blue sky with Figment?
2. Test Track refresh details
3. Spaceship Earth refurb?

AK
1. Encanto/Indy/Coco Land Details
2. Nighttime Drone Show
3. Lion King attraction OR
4. Pandora attraction

James Alucobond

Besides the rumored night parade I’m not sure what other entertainment is in strong consideration for 2025? I believe it was said the idea is 2025 will be entertainment focused since nothing else can be built in time. Not sure if @wdwmagic can confirm or add anything.
Not that this would fall into 2025, but they have to at least be considering getting nighttime entertainment back online at Animal Kingdom to roughly coincide with Tropical Americas.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Depending on how the Disney Springs drone show goes I could definitely see a drone show announced for one of the parks. Also Magic Kingdom desperately needs a new daytime parade FOF is a disgrace right noe IMO.

TTA94

Original Poster
Depending on how the Disney Springs drone show goes I could definitely see a drone show announced for one of the parks. Also Magic Kingdom desperately needs a new daytime parade FOF is a disgrace right noe IMO.

I wish MK was getting both a new day and night parades next year, but unfortunately we haven’t heard rumors on FoF going anywhere.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
What exactly makes FoF a disgrace?
The fact that it went from 60 performers to 12, removed elementals from the opening float, removed Brave, removed tick tock crock, gutted the soundtrack at the end, and that a lot of the time things don't work like many of the moving elements on the Pinocchio float, the swinging ship with the anchor, flounder on littler mermaid. It used to be a beautiful cutting edge parade that is now a shell of it's form of self.

mousekedoc

Premium Member
IF there were a Villians in MK, would it be recycled stuff like the dark ride Cinderella and the Matterhorn renamed as Oogie Boogies cave? It would be cheap, it would tickle the fancies of old hard core fans and could be done quick. I want none of this mind you, but I worry some sorry crap like this could happen. I don’t trust Demaro.

TTA94

Original Poster
The fact that it went from 60 performers to 12, removed elementals from the opening float, removed Brave, removed tick tock crock, gutted the soundtrack at the end, and that a lot of the time things don't work like many of the moving elements on the Pinocchio float, the swinging ship with the anchor, flounder on littler mermaid. It used to be a beautiful cutting edge parade that is now a shell of it's form of self.

FoF is a mess now a days and it’s very sad. I would love to think its days are numbered and that’s why no effort is being put into fixing it.

strictfoo

My predictions (based on nothing but me wanting it to exist):

DHS:
Star Wars Restaurant (it would literally print money)
Two new missions for Smugglers Run (seems like a simple win)

And DHS predictions that are just silly:
Muppet Vision 3D to move to the Star Wars Launch Bay space which is torn down. Galaxy's Edge to expand all the way to Star Tours. New Speeder Bike ride using a modified version of the Flight of Passage system. A new shop that let's you build speeder bike toys. And an additional quick service restaurant.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I feel like we could see a smaller refurb for one of the MK classics like we got with Hatbox or the Country Bears (Disney Characters in IASW, upgrades to Pan, new COP finale, etc.)

With BBTM seemingly happening, I'm hoping Thunder Mountain gets a nice long, well deserved overhaul (including plussing a few scenes) so it will look its best whenever whatever its new neighbor is opens. Could make the same argument for Haunted Mansion on the other side, but I'm not sure that is as in need of a refresh as Thunder Mountain (unless the refresh fixes the outdoor queue).

Indy_UK

My predictions (based on nothing but me wanting it to exist):

DHS:
Star Wars Restaurant (it would literally print money)
Two new missions for Smugglers Run (seems like a simple win)

And DHS predictions that are just silly:
Muppet Vision 3D to move to the Star Wars Launch Bay space which is torn down. Galaxy's Edge to expand all the way to Star Tours. New Speeder Bike ride using a modified version of the Flight of Passage system. A new shop that let's you build speeder bike toys. And an additional quick service restaurant.

You a fan of speeder bikes?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom