News Former Walt Disney Imagineer Joe Rohde to be honored as a Disney Legend at D23 2024

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Forget fountains, they just need the lights to work at this point. It's gutting that they haven't worked properly since day one, and at this point all the floor lights and many of the other lighting is broken.
Define ā€œbrokenā€. Because all of the in-ground lights were working 6 weeks ago, but were doing static, solid colors that would change every few minutes.

Epcot81Fan

ā€œI see asphaltā€¦.asphalt everywhere!ā€

1712800427901.jpeg

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I was just thinking I would have loved to have been a fly on his shoulder....I would give anything to know what he thinks of the new Epcot downgrade mess, er I mean areas.....
In the original post look at the 2 imagineers following behind with glum faces dragging their feet I donā€™t think it was a really good day. But I donā€™t see any car or optimism in their faces at all. They donā€™t even look like they like their jobs.

flyerjab

It would be pretty crazy if, after having Imagineers tour with him, you start to see some follow up changes as a result.

I mean, the new garden areas are nice, but what are they? What does the area convey to the park guest that enters it? I follow Joe on Instagram and his posts show his level and depth of understanding in terms of theming, place-making, etc. There guy is brilliant and he gets it.

You can tell the younger group odd Imagineers that held through the Chapek years donā€™t have ā€œitā€ in terms of fully understanding themed entertainment. When I saw that Joe was brought back to teach master classes to the younger generation of Imagineers I was thrilled. I hope his role grows beyond that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom