Rumor New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

StarWarsGirl

Then that's on Disney and their training of CMs, as the policy is clear at a limit of 6.
The app stops you from having more than 6 on at a time. So different people can go on it (I don't ride FOP for instance, so if we have more than six, someone else can take my spot). So you can have more than four people in your party, but it will stop you from adding more than 6.

My guess is for those large groups that they had multiple people getting the DAS in their party so that everyone could go through.

BaconPancakes

For around 2 of those years there was no FP+/G+/LL. I would speculate that the large increase in usage happened after they started charging for it.
1712681824431.gif

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
So the process looks like it is the same but the time the DAS is good for is extended. So where I am confused it where a 3rd party would need to be involved? If you get in on a video chat to get DAS and your story seems fishy? Or what? It almost seems like they are trying to make people "worry" about doing it or "scaring" people away from doing it who may be on the boarder or needing or not needing it at all because a lot of this stuff is very vague or am I just interpreting this wrong?

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
The advantage is that the process, which could take quite a while to complete if there's sufficient day-of demand, could be completed and all setup for you in advance of your arrival, so you can get right to doing what you want to do in the park. Disney is really pushing pre-arrival consults to ensure that all needs, not just DAS, are taken care of in advance.
I've never experienced using the system, but was there that little oversight of the current process that they were given away easily? I've been in GR when people have gone to request them, but it never seemed like anything out of the ordinary in which a GR CM handles.
Pre-arrival registration under the current scheme is limited to between 30 and 2 days. Those wishing to register a day in advance or day of have to go to Guest Relations.
Just clarifying, I was referring to the new implementation. Everything announced today says that after 5/20 will be done via pre-registration.

Tha Realest

So the process looks like it is the same but the time the DAS is good for is extended. So where I am confused it where a 3rd party would need to be involved? If you get in on a video chat to get DAS and your story seems fishy? Or what? It almost seems like they are trying to make people "worry" about doing it or "scaring" people away from doing it who may be on the boarder or needing or not needing it at all because a lot of this stuff is very vague or am I just interpreting this wrong?
Limitation on parties and “return to queue” suggests more expansive change in operations than just merely screening out obvious abusers.

mattpeto

As far as I can tell, the 3rd party thing was a rumor by Coreless. It wasn't and isn't true. Disney can consult with health professionals if needed. That's it.

Andrew25

The way this is worded, even though I have documentation, it no longer seems like the system would allow me to have the same level of access I once did, because my disability is not autism related, and while I do possibly have something that could be classified as a developmental disability... It is physical rather than mental in nature, and I'm not sure if they will recognize that as valid under this new system, even though both the CDC and Wikipedia claim it is a developmental disability and should be allowed under that. Hell it's not even my primary disability...
The Disney wording mentions Autism first and then directly provides a vague "and developmental disabilities" in the same point, so it's still open to interpretation.

If you were previously accommodated at WDW, I'd imagine they'll work with you.

Yes, the goal is to "scare" people who don't actually need it. The idea behind the 3rd party is, if documents are requested, its a way to verify it for those who actually need the system (or could possibly be faking it).

If you were accommodated in the past, and actually need it, I don't think you need to worry.

Brian

I've never experienced using the system, but was there that little oversight of the current process that they were given away easily? I've been in GR when people have gone to request them, but it never seemed like anything out of the ordinary in which a GR CM handles.
They were given away like candy, and there was little consistency to who would be granted DAS and who wouldn't. Someone could go to GR at one park and say they have a certain condition and get DAS while another person could go to GR at a different park, say they have the same condition, and be denied.

The new procedures will help a lot with consistency.

Just clarifying, I was referring to the new implementation. Everything announced today says that after 5/20 will be done via pre-registration.
Yes, the new scheme will allow for same-day consultation. The 30 to 2 days thing is still up on the website because that's the current policy.

Angel Ariel

i am happy to hear it will stay similar to the pre registration chat as it exists now, with some tweaks.

And.

With eliminating in park guest relations DAS, they need to seriously improve the online system. People are already waiting hours for these chats. To add volume, they need to add human support for the online system.

Angel Ariel

The way this is worded, even though I have documentation, it no longer seems like the system would allow me to have the same level of access I once did, because my disability is not autism related, and while I do possibly have something that could be classified as a developmental disability... It is physical rather than mental in nature, and I'm not sure if they will recognize that as valid under this new system, even though both the CDC and Wikipedia claim it is a developmental disability and should be allowed under that. Hell it's not even my primary disability...
🫂

Smiley/OCD

hmm, idk then. I’ll ask him about it next time I see him. It was just a letter stating he needed an accessible seat. This place finds creative ways to do unethical things, so it wouldn’t surprise me.
I had NY Jets season tickets for 32 years and last year moved my seats to the “handicapped platform” for the games…I was never asked for proof of my disability (but would have GLADLY provided it). The past few concerts I’ve gone to, I’ve asked at the show where I could park my ECV and was immediately offered handicapped seats for my wife and I so I could sit on my ECV.
Look, whatever system gets adopted, it’s not going to be perfect, there will be abuses but any change will be better. I personally am sick and tired of people hiding BEHIND their disability. I obviously wish I didn’t have MS and I’m convinced there a “warm” special place for those that lie for that accommodation but I’m not hiding behind it…i have ABSOLUTELY NO problem disclosing my disease…my drug costs 130k/year (Ocrevus)…anyone who wants to trade places with me, have at it…thank God for insurance.

Last edited:

mattpeto

The Disney wording mentions Autism first and then directly provides a vague "and developmental disabilities" in the same point, so it's still open to interpretation.

If you were previously accommodated at WDW, I'd imagine they'll work with you.

Yes, the goal is to "scare" people who don't actually need it. The idea behind the 3rd party is, if documents are requested, its a way to verify it for those who actually need the system (or could possibly be faking it).

If you were accommodated in the past, and actually need it, I don't think you need to worry.
That's the target.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom