News Test Track to be reimagined

Captain Neo

GM Assemble: Drive Force. Interesting to see them go from a TRON like design to a similar design to Marvel's Avengers Assemble Flight Force.

what is the reason there always has to be a covering outside? Is it a safety concern because of the test track track? The original design of the building is so elegant and supposed to be in the shape of a tire but ever since test track 1.0 went in there they ruined the whole profile of the building.

peter11435

what is the reason there always has to be a covering outside? Is it a safety concern because of the test track track? The original design of the building is so elegant and supposed to be in the shape of a tire but ever since test track 1.0 went in there they ruined the whole profile of the building.
It has nothing to do with the track or ride. It’s only there to provide shade and cover for the queue.

Goofnut1980

I really hope they bring it back to the roots per se. The open warehouse look with some image mapping is old. Seeing some scenery would be nice. Would feel more complete and not thrown together. You enter test track so decked out, but then it quickly goes to black paint and some black lights. Just seems like they ran out of funding after the first 14 seconds of the ride.. hahaha

JohnD

It has nothing to do with the track or ride. It’s only there to provide shade and cover for the queue.
If they pull out the design concept, they can reconfigure the queue so that more people can be inside with more switchbacks or whatever.

donaldtoo

I guess they’ll finally be updating the display below…? 🤔
The first pic is from June of ‘13, and the second is from Oct. of ‘23, with our oldest granddaughter…seems like they could’ve at least updated/changed the car a coupla’ times over the last 12+ years…?! :cyclops:

4A8616F5-A921-415F-9265-553C9DBDF09E.jpeg
B7F7635E-F5C8-4328-B35F-4FD98E8FD56E.jpeg

PizzaPlanet

The build your own car idea was cool but I don’t know if I’ve ever experienced it working perfectly. At least one screen per ride seems to be turned off or out of sync

jeanericuser001

I wonder if they will consider reviving the fun to be free tagline. At the very least they should bring back some of those old animatronics. At the very least the manly centaur and the giggling girl will get some good chuckles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom