News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

pigglewiggle

I know people like to assume Facilier won't be included in Tiana's Bayou Adventure because they think Disney is trying to divest from the character, but I almost wonder if they maybe just have something in mind for him in Villains Land and didn't want another of their popular villains appearing elsewhere in The Magic Kingdom.

Total guess, but doesn't seem impossible. They already have Ursula, Gaston, Captain Hook, The Wicked Queen (in Hag form) somewhat prominently featured in other MK locations. I don't totally see that stopping Disney from letting those characters appear in a Villains Land, but maybe they don't want to spread them out any more than they already have.

Did I miss this? There is a Villains Land coming?

EPCOT-O.G.

When we say no Facilier in the attraction do we mean as a whole or just his actual body? Cause there are/were some pretty strong rumors that the old laughing place is something to do with shadows and evil bayou stuff. Pretty easy spot the add his shadow if they wanted to.
If there’s a Zombie Dr. Facilier AA in the former Laughing Place. I will take back everything I ever said about this attraction.

The Mom

Premium Member
@The Mom @wdwmagic can you clarify what the purpose of this thread is? Specifically the “other details” so I’m on the same page. There seems to be an impression that criticism “I don’t like the mural and think it clashes with the surroundings” is not a valid discussion topic in this thread.

The reason I ask is that it has changed over the last year and threads have been closed and consolidated. What’s the most recent status?
Saying that you don't like something that you have seen is OK. The speculating about how you won't like something you haven't (or anyone hasn't) seen, or the constant comparison of what is versus what was, is not OK.

Drdcm

Saying that you don't like something that you have seen is OK. The speculating about how you won't like something, or the constant comparison of what is versus what was is not OK.
Perfect thank you. That’s what I assumed the case was. I appreciate the clarification.

mickEblu

Facilier? Meh. More likely that it took so much time to gather all the band critters that Mama Odie's magic is needed to get you back to the party in time. And down the 50ft drop we go.

Really hope this isn't true and you don't have any inside info. Not only does it lack suspense but how do you really execute that effectively when you have such a long distance between the final drop and entering the final show scene? "Let me hurry up and throw you down this waterfall so you can get to the party on time just so you can have another 60 seconds of floating through this flume until you get to the finale/ party." I mean I guess they can add some audio along that outdoor portion between the end of the final drop and the finale but in my opinion you would lose a lot of steam. That story doesn't really fit with the layout of the ride.

JohnD

This. He’s been appearing less and less in the parks over the past few years. You’ll notice any new villains centric shows/events tend not to feature him.

His skull and crossbones also disappeared from his hat when appearing as a walk around character
Um. He's very prominent in the very popular Hocus Pocus Spelltacular MK stage show during MNSSHP.

wdrive

Um. He's very prominent in the very popular Hocus Pocus Spelltacular MK stage show during MNSSHP.

Yes I know. It’s why I said any more recent shows/events/merch etc

He’s being slowly phased out, not removed but phased out
He stopped appearing altogether for meet and greets at Disneyland and in Paris, he’d been out during the Halloween seasons at both for years, was nowhere to be seen last Halloween.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
When we say no Facilier in the attraction do we mean as a whole or just his actual body? Cause there are/were some pretty strong rumors that the old laughing place is something to do with shadows and evil bayou stuff. Pretty easy spot the add his shadow if they wanted to.

I haven’t seen anybody say no Facilier, just that this story is supposed to be set after PatF and Facilier died in the movie. But there’s videos above that have Rays bayou song and he died too so who knows 🤷‍♀️

mickEblu

Was just listening to the PatF soundtrack in the car with the kids. Does anyone else think “When We’re Human” would be a better spiritual successor to “How Do You Do” than “Gonna Take You there?” Especially at Disneyland considering how fast those logs go and how upbeat our version of How Do You Do was. Unfortunately, lyrically it wouldn’t make as much sense but that could be worked out.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom