News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

DisneyDodo

The critters will most likely not be situated around Tiana’s Palace with the human characters, but further ahead on the left side near where B’rer Rabbit was.

aladdin2007

It’s weird they have released so much backstory and we really have seen nothing from the actual interior of the attraction yet.
That has me concerned as well, they keep showing the same interior ride scene concept art over and over with everything...That could be bad or well worth the wait good...but still a little odd. I still think its going to be FEA 2.0 inside,,,I hope to be very wrong.

Surferboy567

That has me concerned as well, they keep showing the same interior ride scene concept art over and over with everything...That could be bad or well worth the wait good...but still a little odd. I still think its going to be FEA 2.0 inside,,,I hope to be very wrong.
I like FEA. Is it perfect? No, but it’s a charming fun ride.

I do have much higher hopes for this one though since it’s taking over such a legendary attraction. It’s also a log flume so has that built in thrill. Would like some more interior shots.

MerlinTheGoat

Even with those animations, it still had a decent amount of AA’s. I would be surprised though, if as you mentioned the critters weren’t present.
It was a decent amount by modern Disney ride standards, but not an acceptable enough amount as a replacement for what Splash had (WDW's variant had double that amount, and DL's was triple). But like I said, i'm not particularly concerned anymore given that i'm almost certain the scene will be properly filled out when completed.

The critters will most likely not be situated around Tiana’s Palace with the human characters, but further ahead on the left side near where B’rer Rabbit was.
I find this to be highly unlikely given the huge structure they built for the finale scene with all of the "empty" landings and balconies that look deliberately designed to hold figures-

1711471348215.png

Also keep in mind that the six critters they discussed today are not the only ones in the attraction. As they said, there are "more" to be seen, and they've shown teases of some of the other ones as background silhouettes in one of the previous pieces of art. Larger figures too such as bears.

1711471736022.png

I suspect some of the inspirational artwork they've been taking ideas from will likely feature some similar designs too-

1711471748039.png

1711471788804.png

Last edited:

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I think the characters look awesome, and music being the missing ingredient is perfect, compared to what we previously thought, like hot sauce or gumbo... I think this looks like a perfect plot, a wonderful facade, and from what we've seen of interior art and photos, incredibly detailed sets that are still reminiscent of Splash to appease the "Save Splash-ers". It looks entirely positive to me. My only hope is that that music loop outside isn't final, or they change the Frontierland music loop to not clash with it so much, or they turn it down so it's somehow only audible inside the ride. Either way, I'm seriously looking forward to this!! Can't wait to see side-by-side's of how much they've changed/plussed...

Ayla

It’s not quite “sky is falling”, but people that have listened to it noticed that was edited to loop properly (something the original film version obviously wasn’t). It’s not like it would take a whole lot of effort. I could probably do it in Audacity in less than 10 minutes. But if they took the effort to loop it at all, it’s probably planned to be played somewhere, if not in this exact location.
Well, if the music isn't being played (ie looped) they can't test the sound, now can they?

No, people just read way, way, way too much into things.
I reread the blog post from last year. You're right. It talks about ingredient for party and not for a meal. I think the detailed backstory about Tiana's Foods and the mention of ingredient made it seem like Living the Land. They chose the word "ingredient" to match Tiana's occupation. But with so much talk about food, it was easy to take it literally.

WoundedDreamer

More like a good plot with a sense of danger that attracts thrill seekers... But go off i guess.
That it did. Splash Mountain had it all. A fun earworm, a great story, and thrills. One of the greatest Disney attractions of all time. Replaced with a "find the critter" ride.

It's not really the Imagineer's fault though. How do you replace an icon?

MerlinTheGoat

Well, if the music isn't being played (ie looped) they can't test the sound, now can they?
The major point of contention here is the inclusion of the lyrics. And it's only a short excerpt of the full song, so if you're just hanging out around the bridge area, it would become rather repetitive and annoying.

Disney has access to an instrumental version of the song, which would have been more appropriate and less awkward for this area. But given that they chose not to use that version, and put the effort into looping the one with lyrics, there's a concern that this is what they've settled on instead.

aladdin2007

The major point of contention here is the inclusion of the lyrics. And it's only a short excerpt of the full song, so if you're just hanging out around the bridge area, it would become rather repetitive and annoying.

Disney has access to an instrumental version of the song, which would have been more appropriate and less awkward for this area. But given that they chose not to use that version, and put the effort into looping the one with lyrics, there's a concern that this is what they've settled on instead.
agree, and it sounded like a dockside bar near me with live music on friday nights....it just does not belong here unless they open a bar along the side.....TDO would love that by the way..

Dranth

More like a good plot with a sense of danger that attracts thrill seekers... But go off i guess.
Using the animated characters from a rated G movie. Yep, that is what I think of when I want thrills!

Let's be honest here, Splash and TBA are thrill rides and BOTH are based on kid focused content so any complaints trying to use PatF as a problem for this ride is being disingenuous if they weren't making the same complaints for the previous residents.

MerlinTheGoat

No, people just read way, way, way too much into things.
No it was just a very gradual reveal of the story and trying to establish a back story.
A lot of people latched onto the claim that Iger took a tour of the ride and blasted the imagineers for it being boring and having a confusing story. I'll reiterate that I don't believe this tour ever even happened at all. Let alone that revisions were requested/made.

MerlinTheGoat

This has to be fake news. Even if Iger thought this he would never say it where random folks could hear it.
Iger doesn't do tours like that (Eisner was the one who liked getting personally involved in projects and checking up on them). He'll sometimes make PR appearances walking around the parks, or attend groundbreaking or opening ceremonies. But he's not going to walk through rides like this to check up on their progress. I'd be sort of surprised if he ever steps foot on this ride at all (again he's not Eisner).

As others said prior, if he cared to do so, he'd have seen the mockups and renderings of what they were going to build and the story without ever having to step foot in the parks.

He also isn't going to blurt out such things like a tactless dolt for all to hear either. He's not Bob Chapek. It would also be absurdly easy to figure out who leaked said comments because he would have a relatively small entourage of guards and imagineers present. Heads would roll.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom