“Something major” coming to DHS???

WoundedDreamer

The problem with this kind of thinking is that Universal isn't going to stop adding stuff to their parks after 2025.

Any new additions to WDW in the second half of this decade will have to compete with whatever else Universal does.

Hopefully they realize whatever is green lit will top whatever Universal has yet to announce too, not just day one Epic.
I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about further expansions to Epic Universe being approved relatively soon. Universal Orlando Resort is just getting started. The only thing that worries me is if Universal gets sidetracked building regional parks. Those are not the winning strategy in my view. Universal needs to keep their spending focused on Orlando, Hollywood, Beijing, and Osaka. A European resort is intriguing. I do worry it could be a distraction. I'm really hoping they focus on leveraging what they have rather than chasing after more risky and unproven concepts.

Walt Disney World is going to need focus on adding the type of rides to the roster they've almost completely neglected. They need the D/C ticket rides. And they need a lot of them. Hollywood studios is an embarrassment. After a five year transformation, the park capacity remains abysmal. Adding something akin to Fantasyland, with a collection of 4-5 Fantasyland-style dark rides would be a drastic improvement. Increasing the number of rides will boost guest satisfaction and intent-to-return rates.

If we just get another low-capacity E-Ticket with a flat ride next to it... I think my head will explode.

WoundedDreamer

I'd rather get a E-Ticket's budget worth of flat rides than another E-Ticket at DHS if I had to choose.
I almost agree with this. I would take an E-Ticket's budget worth of dark rides for DHS. Flat rides have their place in the pantheon of attraction types, but Disney's bread and butter are family-friendly dark rides. The Little Mermaid omnimover was reputed to have cost 100+ million back in the day. Give me 3 or 4 of those type of rides at DHS. The park's problem is not a lack of headliner attractions (Rise, Falcon, Tower, RnR, Mickey, Slinky). It needs the supporting cast of attractions.

jpinkc

I almost agree with this. I would take an E-Ticket's budget worth of dark rides for DHS. Flat rides have their place in the pantheon of attraction types, but Disney's bread and butter are family-friendly dark rides. The Little Mermaid omnimover was reputed to have cost 100+ million back in the day. Give me 3 or 4 of those type of rides at DHS. The park's problem is not a lack of headliner attractions (Rise, Falcon, Tower, RnR, Mickey, Slinky). It needs the supporting cast of attractions.
And NOT RESKINS of Existing or Mothballed Attractions. MMRR is still a downgrade to me from GRM!!

RSoxNo1

From what I recall, universal wanted to theme the area to DC first but could never hammer down an agreement so pivoted to marvel. I think that’s what the poster might be thinking of
We recently did a podcast on this topic, "What if Islands of Adventure opened with a DC land instead of a Marvel land..." Purely speculative, but a fun exercise.

Bocabear

MMRR is value engineered garbage. I have no idea how that got green lit.
Garbage is harsh... It is a good attraction... On it's own merit,
...if it were not replacing the centerpiece attraction for the park, it is fun and sweet... If this had been built in the Animation Courtyard and the GMR had a substantial update and refresh, I think most people would think this was a winner. There is a lot to like about it... but as a replacement for an epic ride filled with AAs... I get it.

roj2323

Garbage is harsh... It is a good attraction... On it's own merit,
...if it were not replacing the centerpiece attraction for the park, it is fun and sweet... If this had been built in the Animation Courtyard and the GMR had a substantial update and refresh, I think most people would think this was a winner. There is a lot to like about it... but as a replacement for an epic ride filled with AAs... I get it.
Honestly if they just went with the classic animation style instead of Meth head Mickey I might not hate it so much but even if that were to change the dancing segment still makes me nauseous to the point in which I refuse to ride it again.

Bocabear

Honestly if they just went with the classic animation style instead of Meth head Mickey I might not hate it so much but even if that were to change the dancing segment still makes me nauseous to the point in which I refuse to ride it again.
I do agree it was odd to choose the cartoon shorts version of Mickey instead of classic Mickey....But I really don't hate it either... It is stylish and fun...and the change from Factory to park at the end is absolutely charming. a lot to like about that ride....

cookiee_munster

As Disney can't really put a huge band of superheroes like Marvel characters in Disney Hollywood Studios why not use The Incredibles? I always thought it was fairly popular and solves the whole "where are the superheroes?" to people who go and don't understand about the whole convoluted history with Universal & Disney.

Retheme rock"n"rollercoaster to something like Incredicoaster where you have to go save jack-jack (it'd work loads better in a dark environment than the open aired coaster at California) and then create another street using the car park and launch bay and stick an Incredibles E-ticket with a few flat rides in the area.

It's an IP that's definitely underutilised. Especially in the Florida parks, given the Disney/Universal situation.

SamusAranX

As Disney can't really put a huge band of superheroes like Marvel characters in Disney Hollywood Studios why not use The Incredibles? I always thought it was fairly popular and solves the whole "where are the superheroes?" to people who go and don't understand about the whole convoluted history with Universal & Disney.

Retheme rock"n"rollercoaster to something like Incredicoaster where you have to go save jack-jack (it'd work loads better in a dark environment than the open aired coaster at California) and then create another street using the car park and launch bay and stick an Incredibles E-ticket with a few flat rides in the area.

It's an IP that's definitely underutilised. Especially in the Florida parks, given the Disney/Universal situation.
I would be ok with this IF the retheme connected it to TSL and revitalized the old Pixar Place concept, and perhaps added a show, and a couple more smaller rides to spread capacity

mattpeto

Maybe once plans are finalized for Indy/Dinosaur, they will build a new land at the stunt show location. I hope not, but they might think it’s overkill to have to Indy at multiple parks.

I also wonder if Encanto sing along could eventually replace Frozen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom