News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

flyerjab

Ugh! I have been completely pulled down into the WDW rumor mill rabbit hole again. This happened after 7DMT started way back when. I am a sucker for park expansions, changes, etc. lol

Having been perusing Disney sites, I am beginning to wonder (hope) that the Tropical Americas addition isn’t the only change happening at this park.

I am also starting to change my thoughts regarding the addition of this part of the world to this park. DAK is again a half day park. This park needs more experiences to carry it into the evening. A land more dedicated to the cultures of this part of the world will be effective at doing that. It is providing 3 rides that people can go rain or no rain. I would bet that the food offerings here will be DAK caliber additions. I would also contend that the atmosphere people experience in the main thoroughfare of Harambe will be present here. It will offer a more celebratory vibe and reason to be in this park after the sun sets.

Also, I wouldn’t be shocked that if along with the Tropical Americas expansion , a new night time show is announced (again) for this park. Drones would work well here. They could develop a real carnival-like atmosphere in this park. And I am also of the belief that there is going to be more added beyond Tropical Americas. I’m seeing talk of another new (not redo) big ticket attraction.

doctornick

Encanto doesn’t belong in animal kingdom because it’s not actually about animals or conservation.

So? I’m not saying I agree with Encanto being at DAK, but it how it fits depends on the execution of the attraction not the plot of the movie. While I’m leery to be optimistic, it’s entirely possibly to build an Encanto attraction that works well in DAK especially if they go heavy on Antonio’s room/powers and/or they perhaps expand the Madrigal family’s commitment to not only helping the citizens of their village but also to supporting the local environment.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Encanto doesn’t belong in animal kingdom because it’s not actually about animals or conservation.

It’s about a crazy bitter old lazy who subjects her grandchildren to indentured servitude so that people will respect her.

And when one of them dares speak up about it, she turns him into the Ratman from Portal.

images

Most insidious Disney villain ever.
I shan't believe she's a Disney Villain until I see her fall to her death!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Having been perusing Disney sites, I am beginning to wonder (hope) that the Tropical Americas addition isn’t the only change happening at this park.
There's only two Internet sources I believe in (after several years of tracking the records of so-called insiders), and that is a handful of folk on this forum, and Scott Gustin on XTwitter.

Yes, some people get actual tidbits of inside information, but it doesn't make up for how much they get wrong trying to sell their assumptions as reality for the click$$ as they try to whip up 'content' on a regular basis.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It is providing 3 rides that people can go rain or no rain.
Potentially with 3 rides, with a total net gain of 0 - Replacing Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur spinner, Dinosaur

that’s the problem

Redo/retheme the dinosaur area and ride to make it more popular and sell more merch, and then expand the park in a different area to add additional attractions to help make it more of a full day park.

flyerjab

There's only two Internet sources I believe in (after several years of tracking the records of so-called insiders), and that is a handful of folk on this forum, and Scott Gustin on XTwitter.

Yes, some people get actual tidbits of inside information, but it doesn't make up for how much they get wrong trying to sell their assumptions as reality for the click$$ as they try to whip up 'content' on a regular basis.
Time will tell I suppose. I shall remain positive in this. I am always bullish on this park 🙂

britain

Watched Encanto again for the first time in a while with the kids today. Some flaws, but it holds up a lot better than other recent offerings - it’s a modern classic, in my opinion.

As to whether or not it’s a good fit for AK, it depends on how they approach it. If it’s just a book report attraction, then no. But if it’s a new story, like “Antonio’s animals are loose in the house, we need to round them up!” then it could.

Brer Panther

I say it’s horrible that they’re scrapping Dinoland completely, just rolling over and giving up for Universal’s Jurassic Park.

They could have revamped it to focus on dinosaurs as actual animals instead of JP’s “genetically altered theme park monsters”.

Like how we know now that some triceratops actually had quills on their back.
Yes. Both of these.

RSoxNo1

Best case scenario it visits La Casita with Mirabel as a host (like Henry Mystic) and Antonio/other small humans as mischievous side kicks (like Albert).

Then everything turns to chaos in the mid-sections while visiting the rooms of the house (Bruno, Antonio, Dolores) with Mirabel acting as the preshow and ride bookends.

I’ve long wanted an adapted Mystic Manor for Animal Kingdom (previously wanted a Mystic Safari concept, perhaps at the base of Everest), but this is actually likely to happen.

They’ve been given a layup for this, hopefully They knock it out of the park.

Overall, Encanto (and also Coco) lend themselves far better to expansive impressive attractions than Frozen or even Tangled, IMHO.

So I’m very excited what they’ll do.
Story trope, Antonio is missing, animals are running around the house and we encounter various members of the family and the animals trying to find him.

RSoxNo1

It’s about a crazy bitter old lazy who subjects her grandchildren to indentured servitude so that people will respect her.

And when one of them dares speak up about it, she turns him into the Ratman from Portal.

images

Most insidious Disney villain ever.

FettFan

This is such a great description of Encanto. She is such a terrible person who has no redeeming qualities

She does get redeemed in the end though.

If we only have the stipulation of “movies about conservation,” then I guess Wall-E land should be coming to Animal Kingdom!!

And Wall-E would actually be a great fit, if it was implemented right. Say there was a mini-land that was set in the years after the movie in which plants are starting to grow again and humans are re-learning how to care for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom