News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disney Analyst

1711222710714.png

Tonight.

MerlinTheGoat

Also lots of posts, which is where I assume the light up flowers will be attached?
That would be my guess based on what the DL model showed. With perhaps some other reeds and greenery poking out of the water as well.

1711222882232.png

Also, remember when people here were betting that the logs were definitely finished and wouldn't be repainted and touched up prior to opening. And that the visible patched hole where the hood ornaments used to be would remain visible? Yeah about that...

53605873851_0e972ae8b3_o.jpg

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
This is the kind of archival and preservation work that goes so under appreciated in the moment, but means the world decades from now. Bravo.
I was talking to Mike at BlogMickey about this yesterday, and it's my favorite thing to do lately for that exact reason. I love watching the construction process as a fan of the parks, but since I'm fortunate enough to share it, I love that part of it as well. I view it as a way to bring everyone along with me even if you all can't be here in person. I've been on these forums since 2012 and vividly remember loving the updates and news shared, and then realized I need to be sharing what I document because of how I loved it as a kid, and still do now. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was the first attraction I ever closely followed the construction on, and that was the updates from this site. I tie my love for the parks as a whole back to this site largely because of that. In 2014 when Seven Dwarfs opened, Splash was my favorite ride, and here we are 10 years later, and now I get to document Tiana. It's a full circle moment for me, and I'll continue to love sharing updates with all of you for those reasons. I think this photo says all you need to know about how much I loved Seven Dwarfs, and still do to this day.

20150520_121830.jpg

Keep it up, good catch on the first riders yesterday!
I appreciate it! Thank you for the kind words.

aladdin2007

That would be my guess based on what the DL model showed. With perhaps some other reeds and greenery poking out of the water as well.

View attachment 774480

Also, remember when people here were betting that the logs were definitely finished and wouldn't be repainted and touched up prior to opening. And that the visible patched hole where the hood ornaments used to be would remain visible? Yeah about that...

53605873851_0e972ae8b3_o.jpg
its still a loss of previous detail, that could have been replaced with a frog, or something.

MerlinTheGoat

its still a loss of previous detail, that could have been replaced with a frog, or something.
I never disputed that. They absolutely should have added new hood ornaments. I've been griping about that alongside everyone else. Just debunking some of the more absurd claims that they wouldn't even repaint the logs to repair all of the damage and hide/blend the patched holes.

FettFan

From the event guide:
View attachment 774474

There's no Charles Street but there is a St. Charles Ave. I realize it's nitpicking but we're also talking about a company that wants to be recognized for attention to detail. I also realize this small part could have been put in by an intern. 😁

Especially considering how much they have been pushing the “authentic” angle. 🤦🏻‍♂️

FettFan

Right, but here I'm giving benefit of the doubt because the attraction team is different than this D23 team.

Even then, with how this attraction (as well as other decisions made by TWDC *cough*dinoland*cough*) has divided the fan base, you’d think there would be some overall supervision to get everything 💯and minimize these kind of oops moments.

Ghost93

I'll reserve judgement to whether Tiana's Bayou Adventure is better or worse than the OG Splash Mountain till after I've ridden it or seen footage, but I will say I'm growing more and more fond of the exterior of the ride with each passing update. Initially I was worried it would look like a very cheap overlay, but I can safely say now that the entire vibe of the outside of the ride has changed. It really does look like a bayou and the western mountain vibe from Splash is completely gone. As someone who wants the new ride to feel very much like it's own thing and not just a hastily done reskin, I see that as a plus.

Do we know yet what is being done to the queue?

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
From the event guide:
View attachment 774474

There's no Charles Street but there is a St. Charles Ave. I realize it's nitpicking but we're also talking about a company that wants to be recognized for attention to detail. I also realize this small part could have been put in by an intern. 😁

Found more errors:

Screenshot_20240323_152149_Chrome.jpg

It's St. Louis Cathederal, as in
Cathedral-Basilica of Saint Louis, King of France. Or, you know, the city.

Screenshot_20240323_152554_Chrome.jpg

And should be Jackson Ave.

On the bright side, at least they didn't call the streetcars trolleys. 👍

FettFan

Found more errors:

View attachment 774483

It's St. Louis Cathederal, as in
Cathedral-Basilica of Saint Louis, King of France. Or, you know, the city.

View attachment 774484

And should be Jackson Ave.

On the bright side, at least they didn't call the streetcars trolleys. 👍

“Authentic” just like the celebrated New Orleans salt dome.

It’s as embarrassing as that time someone called king cake a “baby cake” then named a baseball team for it.

5cde3607623d4.image.jpg

Gag.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom