News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Phicinfan

I understand most of the criticisms people have about about the updates to Epcot but personally I love the park right now. Of course I wish PLAY! pavilion didn't fall through and i think things could have gone smoother but Epcot is very fun to be at right now. Certainly more fun that it was 5-7 years ago. Space 220, Cosmic Rewind, Remy, LSOU are the biggest highlights to me but I like the change in atmosphere at the park in general. Also excited for what's to come cause the Test Track 3.0 concept art looks promising and I feel like that SSE update is going to happen some day.
Here's the thing. I actually like what was done, in most cases. I like the overall park theme in the center, and Moana. I like RAT and Cosmic rewind. I am okay with losing an outdated building to add a more modern building with stage and seating for Festival shows. But could they NOT have spent a bit more and fixed SSE and Figment? And you could not figure out a way to add a deluxe spinner to UK Pavilion? Seriously?

I don't give two hoots about Play, it was a huge misplay on their part. But to leave WOL empty is a sin

CntrlFlPete

I would think w/ ILL, they would now have a measure of an impact a new 'ride' has to earnings. I would hope it would be used to show (some) of the worth of a new attraction.

I imagine AI writes the PR now? I mean, people can come into Communicore to enjoy the AC.

mattpeto

I understand most of the criticisms people have about about the updates to Epcot but personally I love the park right now. Of course I wish PLAY! pavilion didn't fall through and i think things could have gone smoother but Epcot is very fun to be at right now. Certainly more fun that it was 5-7 years ago. Space 220, Cosmic Rewind, Remy, LSOU are the biggest highlights to me but I like the change in atmosphere at the park in general. Also excited for what's to come cause the Test Track 3.0 concept art looks promising and I feel like that SSE update is going to happen some day.
Journey of Water is a nice add too. It also adds a ton of kinetic energy and if they didn't include IP, more people here would be lauding it's praises.

I think the center of the park is big improvement honestly. I like the "central park" charm, but I get it's not for everybody.

Ayla

Journey of Water is a nice add too. It also adds a ton of kinetic energy and if they didn't include IP, more people here would be lauding it's praises.

I think the center of the park is big improvement honestly. I like the "central park" charm, but I get it's not for everybody.
Isn't JoW completely enclosed and nothing can be seen from the outside other than some greenery?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
not in all parts no
You can see SSE... for now. But those trees will grow and close it off.

Other than that, I don't remember seeing anything from outside JoW from inside JoW (unless you take the winding path to the restroom).

I even walked all the way around the inside of JoW to see if I could hear the hub music, and all the way around the outside of JoW to see if I could here the Moana music... and nope.

Epcot81Fan

Good god, I sure hope Bob isn't depending on 13 year olds to shape any park goals.
1711134928581.jpeg

Eric Graham

Funny, they cut the Flower and Garden off a month short. I've heard it's because of speculation of some new festival coming after that...Or am I incorrect about that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom