News Walt Disney World casting for a new experience celebrating Encanto

Big_Shakalaka

Here's the announcement of ¡Celebración Encanto!:

Debuting June 10, sing along at ¡Celebración Encanto! and stroll through the newly opened CommuniCore Plaza, CommuniCore Hall and Mickey & Friends spaces at EPCOT.

Everyone will be talking about Bruno from June 10-Sept. 6 because a new summer sing-along featuring the beloved songs and story of “Encanto” is in development now. This new limited-time show, “¡Celebración Encanto!” runs several times throughout the day and will not only invite you and your family to sing along with some of your favorite songs, but you’ll also spot Mirabel and Bruno on the newly opened CommuniCore Plaza stage.

View attachment 774090
This opens our day at EPCOT on our summer trip down there. oof. It's going to be vlogger/blogger hell.

doctornick

So now that there's a stage for shows in World Celebration, what shows 'fit'?

That was exactly the question I was going to ask. I don't particularly like the idea of Encanto going into this space, but I don't really know what would be the "ideal" thing anyway for this stage.

I'm legitimately curious as to what people would suggest as a good fit for a show here.

doctornick

The stage is designed for revolving acts for the festivals.

Right. But the summer time in question is in between festivals, right? So, given that, what should go there? I mean, having an Encanto show seems better than it being empty at least. One thing I would be interested in would be if they can incorporate some traditional Colombian music to make it more Epcot-ish.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Right. But the summer time in question is in between festivals, right? So, given that, what should go there?
1711067541026.png

Cmdr_Crimson

But its current & intended purpose is revolving acts for festivals. There is no festival this summer. Very simple
giphy.gif

All they gave to do down the line is expand them..I'd give it another 6 years or so when those event booths become permanent.

So, for those who are curious...Here's the festival rundown in a year.
  • February 28, 2024 through May 27, 2024 - Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
  • (2024 TBD) July 6 through July 26, 2023 - No Festival
  • (2024 TBD) July 27 through November 18, 2023 - Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
  • (2024 TBD) November 19 through November 23, 2023 - No Festival
  • (2024 TBD) November 24 through December 30, 2023 - Epcot International Festival of the Holidays
  • (2024-2025 TBD) December 31, 2023 through January 11, 2024 - No Festival
  • (2025 TBD) January 12, 2024 to February 19, 2024 - Epcot International Festival of the Arts
  • (2025 TBD) February 20, 2024 through February 27, 2024 - No Festival

Last edited:

Indy_UK

It’s a temporary show, so I’m not against it being there. I like that it’s a flex space for things like this.

Maybe a test for an outdoor show in the AK expansion?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ask Burbank. Only they seem to know. Depends which park they think it is this week.
You claimed something doesn't fit. So, I was asking *you*, what would fit.

Your answer seems to say there is nothing that they would put on that stage that would satisfy you in saying that it fits.

Is that correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom