News Disneyland to give Tarzan’s Treehouse a new theme

Epcot81Fan

They haven’t been working for a while. Since a few weeks after it opened I believe.

Kind of crazy how this happens so often these days. Not years after opening but days or weeks.
Good lord. The attraction was down for months for the remodel.

This is a very simple mechanical system. It is truly incredible this is where we are now with this company.

Vegas Disney Fan

Good lord. The attraction was down for months for the remodel.

This is a very simple mechanical system. It is truly incredible this is where we are now with this company.
I thought the same, it’s literally buckets on a rope going over some wheels, the only reason for it not to move is the motor that turns the wheel or the bearings failed, both seem incredibly unlikely to happen in a few months… maybe someone tripped over the plug and unplugged it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They haven’t been working for a while. Since a few weeks after it opened I believe.

Kind of crazy how this happens so often these days. Not years after opening but days or weeks.
I swear I've seen it working in various vlogger videos over the last couple weeks, but I could be misremembering. Is it possible they just turned it off turning the rain storms and just haven't turned it back on yet?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Possible but I doubt it.

The wheel is working. The buckets aren’t.
I'm sure there are any number of possibilities here including just bad installation. But I wouldn't be surprised if it just as simple as them not wanting the buckets moving when its raining. Which begs the question did they move during the rain back in the original treehouse? I don't remember so don't know the answer, but might be a clue there.....

Consumer

As I wrong thinking this effect could have been done without all the mechanics? Why not just have the water power the water wheel like in reality? Seems over engineered.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
As I wrong thinking this effect could have been done without all the mechanics? Why not just have the water power the water wheel like in reality? Seems over engineered.
I could be wrong but I don't think it was even done that way originally. I seem to recall it being mechanical even back then, but again could be misremembering. Maybe someone knows the answer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom