News Disneyland to give Tarzan’s Treehouse a new theme

mickEblu

I’ll miss the rope bridge. It was charming. But yeah, overall an improvement for sure. Shame they couldn’t do more to change the ship hull but I suppose it fits the new story just fine so not really an issue.

That rope bridge is such a cool little feature and so easily accessible Im surprised I didn’t do it more often. Did Tarzan’s treehouse maybe 2-3 times in 8 years an annual pass holder. I guess it wasn’t as convenient when you have to park the strollers. The new treehouse seems like it’s more worth the hassle.

Emmanuel

I had a chance to visit the Adventureland Treehouse this past Saturday before I left for the day. This is a very huge improvement over Tarzan and plenty of things to see too! The animatronics were some of the highlights for me.

Note that the treehouse does close due to fireworks from 9ish to 10pm before reopening. Expect the treehouse to close earlier and reopen longer (or maybe not reopen at all before park closing) when Fantasmic returns next Spring.

MoonRakerSCM

I saw it on Friday night. The water mechanisms weren't working then. The actual walkthrough is nice. Nothing special, but nifty little rooms with some interesting details.

I will say... once the honeymoon is over, this attraction is going to be deader than Tarzan ever was.

mickEblu

Pardon, I haven’t seen it personally yet, but what makes you predict that it will age worse than Tarzan?

The only thing I got is that Tarzan’s entrance was right in the middle of the Adventureland path and had a nifty bridge? Other than that I can’t see why this would be more dead than Tarzan. The same maybe.

DLR92

I just dont see any lure at all for anyone under 30. Tarzan at least had a connection to the movie that someones kids 'may' have watched.
Tarzan isn't relevant with today kids either...this is still amazing attraction for young kids to explore. I do not know much of Tom Sawyer back when I was a kid. I sure did LOVED the raft and island as a kid back in the 2000's era.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Heading to the park Sunday morning. Very excited to check out the new treehouse, an attraction I’ve missed these past couple years.

Haven’t read any spoilers/reviews. Do people love it? Are people furious? Is it as poorly constructed as that Baymax bridge at DCA? Is the tree “woke” now? Is there an esoteric allusion to something an Imagineer scribbled on a cocktail napkin 61 years ago? Time will tell.

PiratesMansion

I wouldn't even say Tarzan as a film/property is super relevant to people who were the right age when it came out, let alone children watching Disney movies today.

People my age saw all the renaissance movies in theaters, and while I'd say basically every one of those films has developed a following in some capacity, Tarzan basically NEVER comes up when Disney films are discussed by people of my age group. Which is interesting, because Tarzan made more money than any of the films between it and The Lion King, but for whatever reason, it just doesn't seem to be as well remembered as the other films. Even Rescuers Down Under has come up more often in my experience. And it's not because the film is bad-I was actually stunned by how good the bulk of the movie was when I finally sat down to watch it with adult eyes. Perhaps Tarzan just got swallowed up by many of the true debacles that followed and never really recovered its place in public awareness.

Until that changes, perhaps it can serve as another example of the reality that box office isn't the be-all, end-all determining factor in film/pop culture longevity.

Consumer

I wouldn't even say Tarzan as a film/property is super relevant to people who were the right age when it came out, let alone children watching Disney movies today.

People my age saw all the renaissance movies in theaters, and while I'd say basically every one of those films has developed a following in some capacity, Tarzan basically NEVER comes up when Disney films are discussed by people of my age group. Which is interesting, because Tarzan made more money than any of the films between it and The Lion King, but for whatever reason, it just doesn't seem to be as well remembered as the other films. Even Rescuers Down Under has come up more often in my experience. And it's not because the film is bad-I was actually stunned by how good the bulk of the movie was when I finally sat down to watch it with adult eyes. Perhaps Tarzan just got swallowed up by many of the true debacles that followed and never really recovered its place in public awareness.

Until that changes, perhaps it can serve as another example of the reality that box office isn't the be-all, end-all determining factor in film/pop culture longevity.
I loved Tarzan as a kid but you're right that it's not as fondly remembered. What is fondly remember is its soundtrack, though. Phil Collins goes hard on the Tarzan soundtrack and I think that's a pretty popular opinion.

DLR92

I can still remember my mom church friend took me to watch Tarzan movie when it launch in theaters. I can remember wasting her money by insisting we stop watching it. I was only 7 years old that time. 😅

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
I just dont see any lure at all for anyone under 30. Tarzan at least had a connection to the movie that someones kids 'may' have watched.
Not that I see it being an issue but it could theoretically be remedied with a "find these items" scavenger hunt type game.

Epcot81Fan

Saw in a video today the water buckets aren’t moving. Is this a recent issue?

It’s a key part of the “living” concept and created kinetic energy for the area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom