News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Brian

…why? Super original name by the way.

I guess Dumpster Fire Department was already taken.
It's like Ron Swanson (of Parks and Recreation) picked the name.

"I wanted to communicate the nature of the department without sounding braggy."

Of course, this would be his plan B, with plan A being fighting all the fires in the district himself, at no cost to the taxpayers.

Last edited:

GCTales

From Orlando Sentinel:

NOTICE OF MEETING
YOU WILL PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on Wednesday, March 27, 2024 at 9:30 a.m., or as soon thereafter as practicable, the Board of Supervisors of the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District will meet in regular session at 1900 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Florida. At that time and in addition to other business on the agenda, the Board of Supervisors will conduct readings and public hearings on and consider for adoption:
RESOLUTION NO. 661 A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURISM OVERSIGHT DISTRICT CHANGING THE NAME OF THE REEDY CREEK FIRE DEPARTMENT TO BE CHANGED TO THE DISTRICT FIRE DEPARTMENT.
Interested parties may appear at the public meeting and hearing to be heard with respect to the proposed resolutions. If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Board of Supervisors with respect to any matter considered at such meeting or hearing, he or she will need a record of the proceedings, and that, for such purpose, he or she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
By: Alycia Mills, District Clerk Central Florida Tourism Oversight District
3/16/2024
I thought this was all done back in January??

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Which will have this emblem....like all the other thousands of fire departments in the US

Another waste of RCID taxpayer $$$... 🙄

View attachment 773346
1710644662000.png

Courage! Fire! Honor!

That's what those who rescue bring to the table!

Perhaps the FIRE and RESCUE could have been red lettering on gold background to cue one that they should be read together.

JAB

View attachment 773398

Courage! Fire! Honor!

That's what those who rescue bring to the table!

Perhaps the FIRE and RESCUE could have been red lettering on gold background to cue one that they should be read together.
Maybe it means the legislature should "rescue" the district by having the "courage" to do the "honor"able thing and "fire" the CFTOD board. 😏

lazyboy97o

Totally missed this one. Up until recently SFWMD permits were filed by RCID. I assumed they would switch to CFTOD so I have also been searching that. This permit was filed directly by Disney so I didn't find it in my searches.
From the Disney’s Animal Kingdom thread about Dinoland.

This is something to watch going forward. Reedy Creek Improvement District predates the municipalities because it started as the Reedy Creek Drainage District. Water management is something the District took very seriously and was one of those areas where they were quite demanding.

Isamar

After months of back and forth to get deposition dates for the Board members, they were finally scheduled for late March and early April, starting with Garcia on March 22. Disney filed notice of the dates on March 1.
Yesterday, March 19, after 5 pm, CFTOD filed motions seeking protective orders to prevent Disney from deposing them. (There are 2 motions: 1 in the lawsuit filed by CFTOD and 1 in the Public Records case filed by Disney.)

Stripes

After months of back and forth to get deposition dates for the Board members, they were finally scheduled for late March and early April, starting with Garcia on March 22. Disney filed notice of the dates on March 1.
Yesterday, March 19, after 5 pm, CFTOD filed motions seeking protective orders to prevent Disney from deposing them. (There are 2 motions: 1 in the lawsuit filed by CFTOD and 1 in the Public Records case filed by Disney.)
Garcia was scheduled to be deposed in two days.

Isamar

The logic here is mangled and pathetic. (From the affidavits in order to support their motion rooted in the apex doctrine.)

View attachment 773966

I really liked how the affidavits say they have no unique and personal knowledge about the district’s responses to public records requests because (they essentially assert) they each did their best to personally identify and disclose the records from their personal devices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom