News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland

Professortango1

It would be hilariously sad if Navi River run takes out Grizzly and discount FoP takes out Soarin
I mean, if that's what it takes to get figures and effects in GRR and Soarin' to be elevated beyond a proof-of-concept attraction to a full Disney experience.

Grizzly Peak is attractive, but way too small and the attractions within it are both not Disney's best by any stretch. If changing it to Pandora helps get these attractions up to a Disney standard, then I'll take it. Won't increase the size of the land at all, but it will also help transition the park from California-themed to IP Land Adventure.

mickEblu

I mean, if that's what it takes to get figures and effects in GRR and Soarin' to be elevated beyond a proof-of-concept attraction to a full Disney experience.

Grizzly Peak is attractive, but way too small and the attractions within it are both not Disney's best by any stretch. If changing it to Pandora helps get these attractions up to a Disney standard, then I'll take it. Won't increase the size of the land at all, but it will also help transition the park from California-themed to IP Land Adventure.

Would fiberglass or limited motion figures really enhance GRR? I don think so. I prefer to let my imagination do the work there. I think cheaper figures would take away from the great placemaking they have achieved. I think they work for us along the ROA because they've always been there. Id take a couple Grizzly Bear AA's though. Maybe a baby getting into some mischief at the camp site and then the protective mom standing and growling at us somewhere else. Some smaller figures I think could work like birds, squirrels and raccoons in the trees.

Last edited:

Professortango1

Would fiberglass or limited motion figures really enhance GRR? I don think so. I prefer to let my imagination do the work there. I think cheaper figures would take away from the great placemaking they have achieved. I think they work for us along the ROA because they've always been there. Id take a couple Grizzly Bear AA's though. Maybe a baby getting into some mischief at the camp site and then the protective mom standing and growling at us somewhere else. Some smaller figures I think could work like birds, squirrels and raccoons in the trees.

I think the once proposed animated figures and show scenes would greatly improve the attraction. As well as music. The ride looks pretty, but it lacks moments and the ending is kind of lackluster. I'd personally love to see it turned into Western River Expedition, but we know Disney would never change an attraction unless it was to push an IP.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Article...

And not surprising... ;)

Bob just mentioned this on the Morgan Stanley call.

"We have an Avatar land in Florida, and we are bringing one to Disneyland".

Really sounds like we are getting the full land, or something like it.

I think he wasn't being clear as to what the "one" was a "one" of.

You're quoting an article on a Disney blog which is quoting what Iger said, which has been quoted in this thread several times.

Originally, this was to be an "Avatar Experience." With Iger *seemingly* calling this a "land" it brings up the question:

1. Is it now really a full *land*?

OR...

2. Did Iger misspeak?

When Iger speak extemporaneously, and it contradicts previous announcements, put your money on the previous announcements.

The PR release....

Disney Analyst

Article...

And not surprising... ;)

When Iger speak extemporaneously, and it contradicts previous announcements, put your money on the previous announcements.

The PR release....

I said no takesie backsies 😤

CHOX

Would it be redundant to have Bigfoot in it with the Yeti in Disneyland? I always thought that would be a good theme for it.

mickEblu

He did, but called it "an experience"...

The other day? He didn’t call it an experience. He said…”We have one Avatar-based land, Pandora, in Florida. We're going to put a second one in California.” That clearly implies a second land. Not experience. Why can’t Iger n crew get their ish together on this. I’m over it. Vote Peltz.

mickEblu

Would it be redundant to have Bigfoot in it with the Yeti in Disneyland? I always thought that would be a good theme for it.

Eh. I don’t think Big Foot fits. GRR is very much grounded in reality which is why I like the thought of adding Bears which I think embrace the spirit of the land and attraction better. And yeah I think the Yeti makes it a little redundant.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Of course take with a grain of salt, but Dustysage was saying on his livestream today he has heard from people working on this, and it’s definitely a full land of some sort coming.
For all we know, it could be both: A full Pandora Land planned for the DL expansion, and until then, an 'experience' in which have a walk-thru room that looks like NRJ.

That may be the reason for the mixed message. And the reason for the retraction of "land" since the expansion hasn't been approved by Anaheim yet.

Or, it's a cupcake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom