MMRR Queue Carpet in Horrible Shape

DisneyCane

Original Poster
That carpet has already been replaced once before since opening. Likely being replaced again soon.
Perhaps they should try putting plastic protectors of some sort over the carpet so they can maintain the intended theme but cut down on terrible looking wear. Either that or schedule carpet replacement often enough so that it is replaced before it becomes noticeable.

Fido Chuckwagon

I presume they changed the carpet when the re themed to MMRR.

50 something years in, they know what materials will stand up. This MUST be the use of cheap materials to save costs! The ironic thing is, they need to replace the cheap cr@p they put in so where is the savings?
I don't really know that any carpet material can withstand the sheer amount of daily foot traffic this ride gets for long.

BuddyThomas

Funny how I’ve never looked down enough to notice so called carpet deficiencies in a Disney attraction or any attraction. Must be just me. Surely those who have such extreme carpet complaints have had time to lower their cameras to the offending cloth and take a photo of it?

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
The edge of the old and new carpet:

20240307_204155.jpg

The new carpet:

20240307_204057.jpg

Attachments

• 20240307_204155.jpg
    20240307_204155.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 26

bmr1591

Maybe I’m blind or I’m on my phone and can’t see it well, but I don’t see the major wear in these pictures.

With that said, I’m not sure recarpeting the queue is just an overnight job. It might be, but if not, that’s shutting the ride down for a day, something hard to do when your park is so desperate for capacity and attractions.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Maybe I’m blind or I’m on my phone and can’t see it well, but I don’t see the major wear in these pictures.

With that said, I’m not sure recarpeting the queue is just an overnight job. It might be, but if not, that’s shutting the ride down for a day, something hard to do when your park is so desperate for capacity and attractions.
IMG_5155.jpeg

donaldtoo

Disney will replace the carpet when a Guest trips into a lawsuit over a tattered edge…which Disney legal will then quickly quash by producing video of said Guest downing 3 Dad’s Electric Lemonades at the Tune-in Lounge just minutes before entering the queue…!!!!! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom