Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

mickEblu

I never commented about her hair being gray or not, so your response means nothing to me. The design of the character still looks off model, even in that picture.

Right. I don’t recall anyone mentioning gray hair. I don’t think her hair looks gray in any photo I’ve seen. That doesn’t change the fact that she looks off model and more like Tiana’s mom / a middle aged woman.

LittleBuford

My point is that #oldladygate has nothing do with the “gray hair.” I’ve been saying she looks older and never once thought her hair looked gray.
I understand that it isn’t about the hair colour for you. But others seem to feel differently, which is why a poster who wrote that the hair would look black was challenged on that very point. Again, there’s no other way to interpret “You don’t know that.”

mickEblu

I understand that it isn’t about the hair colour for you. But others seem to feel differently, which is why a poster who wrote that the hair would look black was challenged. Again, there’s no other way to interpret “You don’t know that.”

So why is Mister penguin only making it about the gray hair when the majority of people around here haven’t been mentioning that? He seems to be focusing on the lack of gray hair as a way of dismissing the notion that she looks older.

LittleBuford

So why is Mister penguin only making it about the gray hair when the majority of people around here haven’t been mentioning that. He seems to be focusing on the lack of gray hair as a way of dismissing the notion that she looks older.
You’ll have to ask him that! If I had to guess, I’d say it’s because several people said she looks like her mother, who has greying hair in the movie.

mickEblu

I'm now very interested to learn how that AA makes Tiana look old (geriatric even, according to TP) without referencing the color of her hair.

So why is it that many have this perception when looking at the AA?

It’s the outfit, the shorter hair, the rounder face. The fact that she looks more like her mom than herself from the movie. Are you really that flabbergasted?

mickEblu

I don’t think she looks old, but I do think she looks more mature and somehow less pretty than she does in the film. She still measures up well against other princess animatronics, however, and I’m confident she’ll look very good in context.

I agree that she looks less pretty and that it’s a high quality robot but how can “mature” and “older” not mean the same thing in this context? It’s not as if we know anything about how her personality has changed.

SuddenStorm

I guess the Tiana animatronic debate can be distilled down to this.

Here's Tiana-

1707964364727.png

Here's Tiana's Mom-

1707964382507.png

And here's the figure-

1707964411860.png

If you didn't know that figure was supposed to be Tiana who would you guess it is?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom