News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

CaptainAmerica

You and I both know they won't have anything reasonable, it goes against the current line of thinking. Maybe not CCR cabin-level, but they will be much higher per night than the treehouses.
*Shrug*

I don't think any of the DVC points charts are unreasonable. The price per point is wildly unreasonable. But the charts themselves have always struck me as fair.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Terrible idea that hopefully flops... Unless the price is reasonable. Which it won't be,
It’s the feedback loop they’re in now..

A couple of billionaires threatened to embarrass/fire Iger…so now he’s feeding the same beast against the economics on hand.

…let it ride

CaptainAmerica

Everything since 2010 is too much. Here Endeth the lesson 👍🏻
Aulani is Aulani, so let's set that aside.

VGF and Poly are dual-flagship properties, bigger than everything else, and on the monorail.

Copper Creek is priced like Boulder Ridge, which opened 17 years prior.

Riviera is the sole Skyliner resort, and I'm on team "Skyliner is better than monorail." Though I'm not a fan of Riviera for various old-granny-resort-related reasons.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Aulani is Aulani, so let's set that aside.

VGF and Poly are dual-flagship properties, bigger than everything else, and on the monorail.

Copper Creek is priced like Boulder Ridge, which opened 17 years prior.

Riviera is the sole Skyliner resort, and I'm on team "Skyliner is better than monorail."
Dude…your lecturing my work history…

“Dual flagship properties”
Stop right there.

The Polynesian opened at $29 a night (as did the contemporary), is technically a motor lodge…and wasn’t a “category”

…you need to pivot cause “school’s in”.

The point chart increases, combined with huge upfront price increases, have deluded the value of dvc steadily for the last decade and more.
Quite simply: newer “members” get less as every day rolls buy.

That’s why they’re going to kill it with stunts like this.

But I’m In the other group…the one that got high value.

But I won’t lie to people. Not a salesman for Disney.

CaptainAmerica

Dude…your lecturing my work history…

“Dual flagship properties”
Stop right there.

The Polynesian opened at $29 a night (as did the contemporary), is technically a motor lodge…and wasn’t a “category”

…you need to pivot cause “school’s in”.

The point chart increases, combined with huge upfront price increases, have deluded the value of dvc steadily for the last decade and more.
Quite simply: newer “members” get less as every day rolls buy.

That’s why they’re going to kill it with stunts like this.

But I’m In the other group…the one that got high value.

But I won’t lie to people. Not a salesman for Disney.
Points charts have not increased when you normalize for cash price per room at each resort.

The newer resorts have higher points charts because the hotel rooms at those resorts have higher cash prices.

If Disney built a 20-building DS/1BR/2BR/3BRGV property on a golf course that had no monorail and no skyliner, the chart would look a lot like Saratoga Springs.

I've done the math ten ways to Sunday and the only outlier properties are Old Key West and Boardwalk Standard View, which both have disproportionately "cheap" points charts relative to their cash prices.

And I'm not a salesman for Disney, I think anyone buying Direct points at ANY resort is insane.

CaptainAmerica

My parents are so relieved they did not buy way back in the day. Glad it works for others though :)
If they had bought "way back in the day" they would have gotten tens of thousands of dollars of value out of it and would currently be holding an asset that's still worth tens of thousands of dollars and is very easy to sell if they wanted to exit.

"Way back in the day" is the best time to have bought it... the further back, the better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom