News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

UNCgolf

They once seemed to be.

That's kind of my point -- I think guest behavior is worse, so there's more to clean up.

My guess is Disney has less custodial staff relative to attendance than they once did, so there are multiple reasons for the problem, but if guests are also leaving trash scattered around the parks more than they did in the past then it's that much harder to keep everything clean.

It's easier to seem like staff is everywhere all the time if they only have to clean up 3 pieces of trash per 1000 square feet every 15 minutes instead of 10 pieces of trash per 1000 square feet every 15 minutes. Those are completely made up nonsense numbers (obviously) but it illustrates the point.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

That's kind of my point -- I think guest behavior is worse, so there's more to clean up.

My guess is Disney has less custodial staff relative to attendance than they once did, so there are multiple reasons, but if guests are also leaving trash scattered around the parks more than they did in the past, it's that much harder to keep everything clean.

It's easier to seem like staff is everywhere all the time if they only have to clean up 3 pieces of trash per 1000 square feet every 15 minutes instead of 10 pieces of trash per 1000 square feet every 15 minutes. Those are completely made up nonsense numbers (obviously) but it illustrates the point.
The execs looking to cut walk around and see the place is so clean they think there is little to do for all those workers making water animals or polishing the parts the guests don't see so they can surely be cut but 10% right? Next year 10% more and so on then you get a pandemic and you can't even get bare bones staffing. Maintenance is a little out of sight so it's perceived value is hard to see for some.

Rich Brownn

The execs looking to cut walk around and see the place is so clean they think there is little to do for all those workers making water animals or polishing the parts the guests don't see so they can surely be cut but 10% right? Next year 10% more and so on then you get a pandemic and you can't even get bare bones staffing. Maintenance is a little out of sight so it's perceived value is hard to see for some.
Heck when I worked Main Street opening crew had to polish the brass. Everywhere. Let me tell you there is a LOT of brass on Main Street!!

drizgirl

That’s the thing. We have no idea what the staffing levels are. For all we know they could have half the staff with double the guests they had when the parks were so clean.

Regardless I don’t get shrugging and saying guests are at fault. If guests are less tidy, then they need to staff up for it.

JoeCamel

That’s the thing. We have no idea what the staffing levels are. For all we know they could have half the staff with double the guests they had when the parks were so clean.

Regardless I don’t get shrugging and saying guests are at fault. If guests are less tidy, then they need to staff up for it.
I agree they should operate the parks for the guest not make the guest conform to how they operate the parks but that is just me in a dream where I believe management cares more about the guest experience than making life easier for themselves

Lilofan

I agree they should operate the parks for the guest not make the guest conform to how they operate the parks but that is just me in a dream where I believe management cares more about the guest experience than making life easier for themselves
There goes to show in some eyes why hated companies in the world ( fill in the blank ) are the most profitable. Why is that.

Lilofan

Staffing with what cast when WDW is desperate for open positions to be filled ? But then again Iger did agree that the hiring freeze will happen as Chapek directed before Chapek got fired.

UNCgolf

That's not what I said.

This isn't a binary situation; there are multiple factors at play. Guests can be partially to blame too, and likely are. That doesn't absolve Disney of their responsibility to keep the parks clean, but it makes it harder.

Last edited:

angemagic

I mean... The Disney look really does need to be relaxed and more open. I worked there and it was a bit strict (for anyone with tattoos, piercings, facial hair or other races). I know a lot of folks on here are super conservative on the Disney Look, but yea, it's super outdated.
Disney look stands for a clean family oriented look. As a previous cast member, annual passholder, DVC member; I am opposed to the changes. It is a business casual look and Walt would be appalled at the showings of tattoos. Why can’t the younger generations abide to rules? You give them an inch and they want a whole yard. I don’t want „Jane“ from Anaheim to do my check-in and dining with face piercings and tattoos. Not acceptable! This is not the Marriott.

RobWDW1971

Disney look stands for a clean family oriented look. As a previous cast member, annual passholder, DVC member; I am opposed to the changes. It is a business casual look and Walt would be appalled at the showings of tattoos. Why can’t the younger generations abide to rules? You give them an inch and they want a whole yard. I don’t want „Jane“ from Anaheim to do my check-in and dining with face piercings and tattoos. Not acceptable! This is not the Marriott.
Disney is forgetting what has made their exceptionally unique brand resonate over the past century with consumers all over the world, which is truly shocking considering their history.

A brand is a very delicate thing. It takes, in this case, a century to build it and only a few years to forever change it.

You want cast members in your theme park to have big furry beards, tattoos up the arm, bearded biological men in dresses, etc, etc? That is absolutely within your rights and you are free to do it.

However, you can't have it both ways - that is now your brand.

Lilofan

Disney is forgetting what has made their exceptionally unique brand resonate over the past century with consumers all over the world, which is truly shocking considering their history.

A brand is a very delicate thing. It takes, in this case, a century to build it and only a few years to forever change it.

You want cast members in your theme park to have big furry beards, tattoos up the arm, bearded biological men in dresses, etc, etc? That is absolutely within your rights and you are free to do it.

However, you can't have it both ways - that is now your brand.
Can it be possible Disney cared about the cast member feedback “ You said, We listened “ feedback round table sessions of if that took place or some that have tattoos would not even apply to work at Disney if the tattoo rules were not relaxed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom