News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

mightynine

Now I know how EPCOT Center fans felt when Horizons and JII closed.
Does that mean I know get to trot out the usual talking points of outdatedness, the parks aren't a museum, etc., etc.?

I mean, c'mon, who's not excited about the salt mines, a well-known historical New Orleans attraction!

Heck, it might be, those potholes are pretty deep, who knows where they end up. 😆

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I threw up in my mouth reading this twaddle:

“We wanted that spirit reflected in this scene (and throughout the attraction) so that all our guests feel welcome to join in the celebration. It’s emblematic of what we’re always striving for with our attractions – bringing people of different backgrounds together through timeless Disney stories.”

Funny, I thought Disney wanted to entertain people. Period. Full stop.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

PK2

Call me crazy, but Splash is my favourite ride and has been for a long time, and I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I'll miss the music *so* badly but P&TF music has the chops and swing to potentially fill its shoes somewhat, and if they really are putting the higher budget into this that's been speculated/rumoured then I think we'll be pleasantly surprised at the quality of the outcome. Someone in there has to know what the stakes are with this, it's the flagship of their inclusivity policy and a change to a beloved all-timer attraction.

That said, the Tiana's Foods thing is still beyond stupid.

WorldExplorer

Call me crazy, but Splash is my favourite ride and has been for a long time, and I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I'll miss the music *so* badly but P&TF music has the chops and swing to potentially fill its shoes somewhat, and if they really are putting the higher budget into this that's been speculated/rumoured then I think we'll be pleasantly surprised at the quality of the outcome. Someone in there has to know what the stakes are with this, it's the flagship of their inclusivity policy and a change to a beloved all-timer attraction.

That said, the Tiana's Foods thing is still beyond stupid.

All the talk that they bumped the budget up only after everyone reacted just short of throwing tomatoes is amazing to me.

Apparently, no, no one knew the stakes. Or at least, they all ignored that guy.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Fi-zQgLXEAE3Qp8.jpeg

This new scene is the thrilling moment you first drop into the bayou and encounter some friends both new and familiar. This is the geese scene

spresso81

We all knew this day was coming but it still hurts. Regardless of how people felt about the ride's subject matter, when built this may have been the best thing to over come out of WDI. It is an amazing experience of thrills, music and fun. I am so sad to see it go as I have so many memories of taking the monorail with my parents from Epcot after Illuminations to get on more rides at MK then hitting up Splash with my dad a few times before our day ended.

I hope Disney creates a great ride for Tiana which makes the lose more palatable but I doubt it considering current management.

J4546

Actually since they never fixed the water canon or just turned it off you pretty much never get wet on that ride anymore. god forbid you have the pixie dusters get wet on an actual water ride.
i dont know about spalsh in MK but in DL, last time i rode it I was drenched, i mean soaked. people were pointing at me when i was leaving the ride. It was fine though, i thought it was funny and bought a new shirt at the winnie the pooh gift shop. but my shoes and pants were stil wet for a while lol

mickEblu

I threw up in my mouth reading this twaddle:

“We wanted that spirit reflected in this scene (and throughout the attraction) so that all our guests feel welcome to join in the celebration. It’s emblematic of what we’re always striving for with our attractions – bringing people of different backgrounds together through timeless Disney stories.”

Funny, I thought Disney wanted to entertain people. Period. Full stop.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Lol I didn’t even read/ see any of that. My brain has started to filter it all out until I get to the real content.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Lol I didn’t even read/ see any of that. My brain has started to filter it all out until I get to the real content.
TL/DR-
Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will take you on a journey inspired by the story and characters from the hit film, picking up where that story left off. In preparation for this new experience and the many exciting updates ahead, Splash Mountain at Walt Disney World Resort will be closed starting Jan. 23, 2023, so we can begin the next phase of this attraction’s development. Additional information about Splash Mountain at Disneyland Resort will be shared at a later date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom