News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns for 2022

MagicHappens1971

And with the brand new characters coming too. Madam Mim, Gothel and Bruno to name a few.
It’s just confusing, like these new costumes correlate with the new merch for the seasons and only Disneyland is getting them. Does that mean WDW doesn’t want to pay to have them made? Like last Christmas DLR debuted those adorable new costumes and nothing new here at WDW

drew81

It’s just confusing, like these new costumes correlate with the new merch for the seasons and only Disneyland is getting them. Does that mean WDW doesn’t want to pay to have them made? Like last Christmas DLR debuted those adorable new costumes and nothing new here at WDW
Disneyland seems to think-“how can we plus an event”.

WDW thinks “how can we cut as much as possible and not add anything new for years on end.”

Jrb1979

I can't understand it either!
I wonder if it has to do with the type of guest each park gets. It's the same reason they don't do overlays at WDW much. With so many first time visitors to WDW they don't seem to want to change much. Where at DL it's mostly locals so there is more of a need to keep things fresh.

MagicHappens1971

I wonder if it has to do with the type of guest each park gets. It's the same reason they don't do overlays at WDW much. With so many first time visitors to WDW they don't seem to want to change much. Where at DL it's mostly locals so there is more of a need to keep things fresh.
This rationale doesn’t work for the holidays though. They do change their costumes for holiday time, they just keep reusing the same ones year after year. They could even adopt these new costumes for day time use & keep other costumes exclusive to the parties and vice versa

Californian Elitist

I can't understand it either!

TDO is cheap and doesn’t want to pay for certain things. That’s the answer.

The first-time visitor thing is an excuse given.

brb1006

Disneyland seems to think-“how can we plus an event”.

WDW thinks “how can we cut as much as possible and not add anything new for years on end.”
I always get mildly annoyed when I see newer MNSSHP merchandise showing Mickey and Friends wearing newer Halloween outfits, yet they are stuck with the same Halloween costumes as years prior. At least Boo to You updated Mickey's Halloween Costume after stuck as a Jester for a long period.

CntrlFlPete

we did not see/do a lot of the party due to the weather (and the weather might have kept some of the sold out crowd away) -- anyhow, I do feel a good number of guest due the stuff you can only do at the parties, here of some photos of park areas where the ride rides folks tend to be wondering:

This was taken at 7PM

mnsshp22-09_02__7pm.jpg

this was at 7:40

mnsshp22_09_02_740pm.jpg

7:45

mnsshp22_09_02_745pm.jpg

brb1006

I would guess that’s why Mirabel isn’t coming to WDW for meets.
That's another thing that's really annoyed me with WDW in recent years. They take a ridiculously long time on making their newer characters from their recent animated films meetable to guests (besides saving them for Seasonal parties). Raya just made her WDW debut at AK recently after two years, the did the same treatment with Judy and Nick from Zootopia.

drew81

That's another thing that's really annoyed me with WDW in recent years. They take a ridiculously long time on making their newer characters from their recent animated films meetable to guests (besides saving them for Seasonal parties). Raya just made her WDW debut at AK recently after two years, the did the same treatment with Judy and Nick from Zootopia.
Raya at WDW? That’s news to me.

mm52200

Raya still hasn’t made any kind of debut at WDW.

Disney Analyst

Can we talk about how good Ernesto De La Cruz looks? That's by far the best face character Disney's ever done so far.

Also I love when Disney finally gives love to their lesser-known characters and villains. Madam Mim made my morning.

It’s beautiful.

They have a good quality YouTube video which really shows off the face. Looks like a mask / prosthetic, as the eyes are sunken a bit, and the lips more rounded / smoothed . Very impressive.

brb1006

It’s beautiful.

They have a good quality YouTube video which really shows off the face. Looks like a mask / prosthetic, as the eyes are sunken a bit, and the lips more rounded / smoothed . Very impressive.

Found a better video of Madama Mim which is much longer than the Twitter posts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom