News Fantasmic! and World of Color to return in 2022

Disney Analyst

I watched a video from the other day and pyro either was loaded and wired into the wrong barges, or the barges were placed in the wrong spots, as pyro was not where it should be. I am not sure what’s going on, but it’s bizarre.

26:20 to end is a good example. As well as the start of the show when Mickey is meant to make the shooting stars happen in specific spots.

Emmanuel

I watched a video from the other day and pyro either was loaded and wired into the wrong barges, or the barges were placed in the wrong spots, as pyro was not where it should be. I am not sure what’s going on, but it’s bizarre.

26:20 to end is a good example. As well as the start of the show when Mickey is meant to make the shooting stars happen in specific spots.

Could be either scenario.

gerarar

Premium Member

Good find! They definitely didn't reprogram the pyro to shoot from different spots intentionally, so it was just the barges placed in the wrong spots.

Something got mixed up when they brought them out earlier by boat.

Disney Analyst

Here's the video of tonight's cancelled show.

Lots of things wrong, or still missing..
Center tall fountain not at 100%
Spotlights not rotating on cue/slow
Side fountains still MIA for 4+ days now
Projectors didnt turn on, but hey lasers and lights worked!

I'm surprised they cancelled the show outright. Before when this projection glitch happens, they just restart from the beginning (same goes with WoC).
But I guess since the pyro already shot out, the show was irreversible at that point – should've stopped it immediately at the first signs of no projections..

The people in the video were a bit over the top (even before the show started), but everyone else's reactions you hear when the cancellation happens...yikes

I am actually shocked they cancelled fully, this seems like it could have been a normal reset and go again? Even if the first pyro bits for the Mickey sequence were gone.

Squishy

I am actually shocked they cancelled fully, this seems like it could have been a normal reset and go again? Even if the first pyro bits for the Mickey sequence were gone.
Disneyland Forever starts a few minutes after the first Fantasmic so that might have been the reason.

Phroobar

I take it there is no sense of pride and ownership in Disney's maintenance crews anymore. When I was young, I spent three summers setting up pyro at various locations including Knotts on occasion. It's hard work to put on a great show.

gerarar

Premium Member
Couple more problems last night:
  • No BATB barge. Interesting enough, they weren't in the finale on the steamboat either. So could either be barge out of service, or the pair were unavailable. But during Lion King, one set of monkeys weren't there either, so could be anything.
  • Half of the TSI island projections weren't working, particularly the lower half ones that project on the boxes near the water. This didn't trigger a show-stop/cancellation, just kept 'em off for the duration of show.
  • Then of course existing problems like side fountains, center fountain, etc.

MoonRakerSCM

Took a read through this... essentially, the show is a disaster?

Judging by the continued same problems in the vids, it's not us just seeing chance bad shows, they're all like this.

Disney Analyst

Okay so... it seems they've added an extra pyro cue to the show now, for when Mickey first appears at start of the show.

I've gone through a few videos from different days, so this seems to indeed be an addition and not an error.

Still no side fountains, but carpet looks to be working, dragon looks good, and centre fountain reaching normal height again.

Disney Analyst

One more update, upon inspection of the last few shows, it seems a lot of the stunts are not currently being performed on the Columbia.

Last nights show had zero stunts....

Purduevian

I recently had the Hungry Bear dinning package (June 25th) and just pieced together something very strange. We got a better section than a youtuber (who also had the hungry bear package) yet we arrived about an hour later than him.

The Youtuber is Provost Park Pass, and in his video from July 5th. He shows up to the reserved seating area before 7:30pm.

I on the other hand have a picture inside the chess room on MFSR at 8:12pm. I then have a picture of my wife and i seated for Fantasmic at 8:37 (I know we pushed it, but this was our first day at Disneyland ever).

While seated I noticed just to our left (further off center) Provost Park Pass and his camera crew. There was a strip of tape on the ground between his section and ours (his section was already full when we showed up). I assumed they just were standby and got there super super early. I even took a picture because I thought it was cool! It was the same night "Today's date of Filming is June 25th".

I technically didn't have a better seat than him as he was on the rail and I was one row off the rail ( I was about 10 feet closer to center). However I find it interesting that the people that got there super early were placed in a worse section that I was. I showed up probably around 8:30pm (A full hour later). I'm guessing the people I was sitting directly next to (with a tape line between us) probably sat that for an entire hour more than me, paid the same as me, and ate at the same restaurant as me.

gerarar

Premium Member
The Mark Twain boat was out last night, so the alternate finale happened. This marks the first time we got to see said alternate sequence since the show returned.

Nothing changed from before as far as I can tell, choreography wise. Mary Poppins did have a hiccup tho lol.

However, there were noticeable less characters. A lot of the costumed ones, who are front and center were missing, like Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, etc.

Last Night/2020:
Screenshot_20220808-185409_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220808-185503_YouTube.jpg

Also, 2+ months later and the side fountains still haven't been fixed..

Last edited:

waltography

The Mark Twain boat was out last night, so the alternate finale happened. This marks the first time we got to see said alternate sequence since the show returned.

Nothing changed from before as far as I can tell, choreography wise. Mary Poppins did have a hiccup tho lol.

However, there were noticeable less characters. A lot of the costumed ones, who are front and center were missing, like Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, etc.

Last Night/2020:
View attachment 659009
View attachment 659008

Also, 2+ months later and the side fountains still haven't been fixed..

I didn't see Fantasmic last night but did see the Mark Twain docked the entire day, so I assumed we'd get this ending. Interesting they weren't more spread out/using the second level to fill things out.

I saw World of Color instead for the first time in a long while and, while the state of the grid is a little sorry with how apparent some of the missing jets are, I forgot just how good the show actually is at times. The blue ocean in Mermaid, the Define Dancing/Wall-E sequence, and the entirety of the Green Sprite sequence into the Colors of the Wind reveal is just magic.

gerarar

Premium Member
Mark Twain was still out last night.

No immediate changes were made from the previous night. And Mary Poppins still had a hiccup lol :D

Screenshot_20220809-080723_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
I didn't see Fantasmic last night but did see the Mark Twain docked the entire day, so I assumed we'd get this ending. Interesting they weren't more spread out/using the second level to fill things out.
I don't think they ever used the second level because it would require the performers to use the same stairs/exit as those on the third level. The lack of characters was the shocker to me tbh. Like Aladdin and Jasmine used to on the third with all the other princesses/princes.

Disney Analyst

I don't think they ever used the second level because it would require the performers to use the same stairs/exit as those on the third level. The lack of characters was the shocker to me tbh. Like Aladdin and Jasmine used to on the third with all the other princesses/princes.

I also think they avoid the second level due to the dragon trap door. It has the potential to still be open when the lights come up.

gerarar

Premium Member
I also think they avoid the second level due to the dragon trap door. It has the potential to still be open when the lights come up.
True that! No need to plan for different contingencies.

Now to think about it, I don't think I've ever seen a F! 2.0 video with the dragon stuck on stage. Would that just trigger a show cancellation at that point? Over at HS it's pretty common, but they just carry on with an alternate finale.

Disney Analyst

True that! No need to plan for different contingencies.

Now to think about it, I don't think I've ever seen a F! 2.0 video with the dragon stuck on stage. Would that just trigger a show cancellation at that point? Over at HS it's pretty common, but they just carry on with an alternate finale.

When Murphy has gotten stuck they usually just blast the water screens while they try and get her down, and finish the show.

gerarar

Premium Member
When Murphy has gotten stuck they usually just blast the water screens while they try and get her down, and finish the show.

Cool to see!

I guess for 2.0's sake and if Murphy never goes down (in the linked video, Murphy does eventually go down but Mickey stays up top), water screens stay on 'til the end and Sorcerer Mickey stays for the last line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom