Lightyear Face Character

muddyrivers

Dont get so distressed over this. The M&G is for the kids. Theyre not going to freak out over the uniform colors arent the same or the person thats appearing isnt proportioned with a chiseled chin. Its still Buzz to them and they will be happy having a M&G with the character. I can think of many face characters that have been seen around the parks that arent exactly like the animated character and no one goes booo over them. I agree Disney should have been better detailed about the color scheme, and body double but are the kids going to refuse to line up because he isnt an exact representation? Surely not.
Completely agree. However as Disney is a theme park that stands (used to stand? don't flame me!) for quality and authenticity, you would think that they would have done a better job portraying Buzz. On the flip side, you do have Disney princesses walking around with some who look nothing more than a female with a wig matching the same hairstyle as the princess thrown on their head.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Completely agree. However as Disney is a theme park that stands (used to stand? don't flame me!) for quality and authenticity, you would think that they would have done a better job portraying Buzz. On the flip side, you do have Disney princesses walking around with some who look nothing more than a female with a wig matching the same hairstyle as the princess thrown on their head.
Which brings the question of as this was the movie Andy saw wanting to get said action figure, was the film live action with an actor portraying Buzz. Or was this an Animated film?

brb1006

Should had made "Lightyear Buzz" not a face character, his design in that movie doesn't translate well to live-action. Need the correct chin and accurate head design which can be difficult to find.

Pepper's Ghost

So stupid. It's like they're not even trying to make Disney good anymore. So sad. Find the cheapest way to do something, like an astronaut Halloween costume, slap "lightyear" on it, and it'll be fine. Don't worry, fans will accept it. It's pathetic.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Disney/Pixar had already long established this movie was what Andy saw which made him want a Buzz toy in the first place, guess they forgot this was a thing.

Since they mention restarting Star Command in the movie my guess it's taken place a few years after said film..

WorldExplorer

I think there's a difference between not getting everything perfect and making a character completely unrecognizable.

There are some things we need to look past for the characters because they're just not practical to do accurately (e.g. size), and that's fine, but I've never seen one that was so far from the design that I needed to be told who he was supposed to be. Kids will probably need to be told, too, and that's just confusing.

Glad the general response has been "seriously?", hopefully this will be a one off, weird mistep.

Disney/Pixar had already long established this movie was what Andy saw which made him want a Buzz toy in the first place, guess they forgot this was a thing.

Lasseter doesn't like that series. I forgot why, but I've been under the impression the reason that never gets brought up is because of his opinion on it.

(At least, back when that mattered.)

Screamface

What were they thinking? He wears a version of the iconic costume in the new film. Why wouldn't they choose that? Over his generic astronaut costume early in the film. The hard shell torso is key to the shape of the character. It would make him instantly recognisable. Even without the purple head sock.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom