Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

EPCOT-O.G.

Watched a YouTuber who says he was on the ride. Can’t verify, don’t know who he was until today, was on a live blog, so take that for what it’s worth. Not sure if he’s a CM or was invited.

He puts it third at WDW in terms of intensity, behind RNRC and EE. Says there’s no big drops. Very comparable, in his view, to Space Mountain (in terms of how there aren’t big drops, but spins downward) and SDD. Said the launch wasn’t as intense as the SDD one, but was backwards. Said it was a smooth ride.

Cmdr_Crimson

Ride time is around 3 minutes.

3 mins vs 45 mins...Hmm?
2152.jpg

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
So, fourth person I know rode it today. From what I heard, the launch is pretty quick, and the ride feels fast. Projectiond were very clear. Had a friend on the test and adjust team agree that 9 to 5 is the only song we may have gotten incorrect. At this moment it just seems like Disco Inferno, September, One Way or Another, Conga, and I Ran (So Far Away).

HonorableMention

I'll be interested to learn if it really is a soundalike for Rocket or if it's Cooper. If I'm not mistaken, Groot on Mission Breakout was not voiced by Vin Diesel, or at least it didn't sound like it. I feel like that's fine since he really only says that phrase, but Rocket is much more involved

Vegas Disney Fan

You are easily "impressed" for $400 million dollars.
Why are people so obsessed with the cost?

I don’t care what a ride costs… it doesn’t affect whether or not I enjoy the ride in any way.

I never believe the reported prices anyway, Disney seems to throw out extremely high price tags on all their projects (likely to cover all the imagineering costs, etc) so for all we know that $400 million is really $100 million in physical costs and $300 million in accounting tricks.

Last edited by a moderator:

WDWJoeG

Why are people so obsessed with the cost?

I don’t care what a ride costs… it doesn’t affect whether or not I enjoy the ride in any way.

I never believe the reported prices anyway, Disney seems to throw out extremely high price tags on all their projects (likely to cover all the imagineering costs, etc) so for all we know that $400 million is really $100 million in physical costs and $300 million in accounting tricks.
Because A) it shows how WDI/Disney spends their finite budget and B) dictates to what else they will build,

If they spent $400M (or whatever) on a "fun coaster" vs Shanghai Pirates, Tower, and Indy combined, it both shows a disgraceful lack of management and limits what they will build elsewhere.

So what they spent/wasted has a direct effect on our enjoyment of the parks.

Last edited by a moderator:

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Seriously folks, let's be polite. We're talking about a theme park attraction for (peg-leg) Pete's sake!

Now back to actual discussion of the attraction...am I the only one who thinks they somewhat missed the mark on the songs for this ride? None of these really seem like they would be on any of Star-Lord's awesome mixes. This list seems to skew 80s a bit too much. Does anyone know if James Gunn picked the songs for this?

Casper Gutman

I'd really like clarity as to what guests actually see...

I mean, Disney made a big deal a few days ago about the fact that the ride's antagonist is Eson, a Celestial - basically, a Jack-Kirby-designed robot the size of a planet. It would be sort of reassuring if someone said, "Boy, the part of the ride with the planet-sized robot was really great and innovative." It seems like that should be kind of central to the experience, and a way to distinguish the ride from the very similar Space Mountain and RnR.

Ironically, the only part of the early reviews that increased my excitement was the inclusion of 9 to 5. oops.

EPCOT-O.G.

I mean, Disney made a big deal a few days ago about the fact that the ride's antagonist is Eson, a Celestial - basically, a Jack-Kirby-designed robot the size of a planet. It would be sort of reassuring if someone said, "Boy, the part of the ride with the planet-sized robot was really great and innovative." It seems like that should be kind of central to the experience, and a way to distinguish the ride from the very similar Space Mountain and RnR.

Ironically, the only part of the early reviews that increased my excitement was the inclusion of 9 to 5. oops.
I hesitate to critique this too much because it seems incomplete without the pre-show experience. But to your point, nothing about this early response sounds like this is a game-changer, especially when you consider those who’ve experienced it so far - CMs - would be the types already really inclined to drink the Kool-Aid.

mergatroid

There's been reviews saying the effects are superb etc, but it's all subjective. Some on this thread seem extremely negative about the ride or their expectations of it, that's their right to be like that. I think these people are unlikely to be satisfied with anything this ride offers as all their negativity hints towards them wanting to be right rather than them wanting to be proven wrong. I'm sure in the next few days you'll get all the specific answers you're after and then you'll be able to say with more accuracy what it is specifically that you dislike the most about this attraction. I could of course be wrong (apologies if so) and perhaps all the perceived negativity is because you're hoping it's the greatest attraction ever built?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Yikes.
To everyone who says, “who cares about the price? You’re not paying for it,” I am though. Each of us will, either in direct, passed on costs (in terms of higher ticket prices) or unrealized projects or refurbishments to other attractions.

This. We already know that the chain paused (canceled?) other EPCOT projects due to funding... projects they may not have needed to be canceled if this attraction would have cost significantly less... so it's a legitimate point of debate if the attraction (as it turned out now) was worth it to not also have other things like the Mary Poppins attraction and the renewed SSE as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom