News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

UNCgolf

They look approximately 1/3 fast food employee, 1/3 hospital worker, and 1/3 military. I’d be curious to know anything about why they went with this design.

I was kind of happy they got attraction specific uniforms at all. It seems like they've been eliminating them recently in favor of generic ones that are used across multiple locations.

With that said, I agree that these aren't very good.

Last edited:

EPCOT-O.G.

Nothing left in the budget. 450 mil just doesn't go as far as it used to.
I was doing some back of the envelope math on this. Figure this’ll be an ILL attraction within a few months of opening.

I ran the numbers for ROTR. That puts through about 1,500 an hour. Let’s assume it’s open 12 hours a day. That’s 18,000 guests. Let’s assume 20% are set aside for ILL, at $15 a pop. 3,600 purchases * $15 = $54,000. Per day.

Skibum1970

They look approximately 1/3 fast food employee, 1/3 hospital worker, and 1/3 military. I’d be curious to know anything about why they went with this design.

Decidely uninspiring. They are taking this notion of removing Epcot's character to its extreme.

By the way, I also do not view this as a spinning coaster (ex. Time Traveler). They keep calling it an omnicoaster which, to me, suggests that they can rotate the car to face specific directions but not freely spinning, depending on the direction changes and other factors. I would not suggest that "spin" and "rotate" are synonyms although they are similar.

Skibum1970

I was doing some back of the envelope math on this. Figure this’ll be an ILL attraction within a few months of opening.

I ran the numbers for ROTR. That puts through about 1,500 an hour. Let’s assume it’s open 12 hours a day. That’s 18,000 guests. Let’s assume 20% are set aside for ILL, at $15 a pop. 3,600 purchases * $15 = $54,000. Per day.
I would double your ILL charge but that's a guess.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Decidely uninspiring. They are taking this notion of removing Epcot's character to its extreme.

By the way, I also do not view this as a spinning coaster (ex. Time Traveler). They keep calling it an omnicoaster which, to me, suggests that they can rotate the car to face specific directions but not freely spinning, depending on the direction changes and other factors. I would not suggest that "spin" and "rotate" are synonyms although they are similar.

I think your first words describe Bob’s Epcot very well - Decidedly uninspiring. These costumes fit that to a “T”.

It’s the complete opposite of what the park originally was - Inspirational and aspirational.

rle4lunch

I don't know if it's been discussed, but I see one common thing among all the new CM uniforms (besides cheapness); temperature control. By keeping them as thin as possible, the CMs can stay more comfortable. We see it out here at DL with all the new uniforms as well. Cool mornings you'll see them wearing jackets and then once the haze breaks they shed them for the cooler tops.

Giss Neric

Photos of the Cosmic Rewind costumes - use the > on the right to swipe through -

For reference. Maybe get rid of the cap so it won't look cheap?
FQMU38vVkAAz-_e.jpeg
FQMU38tVkAIfwqA.jpeg

Purduevian

I wonder if there is going to be a dramatic change in costume after the preshow, much like RotR going from resistance to first order between the sides of the transport. It has been hinted that our tour gets hijacked at some point and we are no longer on the wonders of Xandar tour.

Surferboy567

I wonder if there is going to be a dramatic change in costume after the preshow, much like RotR going from resistance to first order between the sides of the transport. It has been hinted that our tour gets hijacked at some point and we are no longer on the wonders of Xandar tour.
I was thinking about this myself. Not sure if they would do this. Maybe a more traditional nova corps officer outfit?

Probably not though, you can probably get away with the regular outfit they have here. Even though I am not the biggest fan.

Walt d

As much as I am sure this is will good, I am sad Ellen is closing so quickly, missing it by a week along with the great move ride...
On the plus side the concept art looks great and I am glad the original building looks to be staying.
Mmm looks like a martini glass to me, are the serving on board the ride?

ChrisFL

Premium Member

You mean "something goes horribly wrong"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom