NBA Experience at Disney Springs

Jon81uk

In regards to guests paying up, I think the Disney execs who dreamed up the Magic Bands know that guests can be fooled into spending more than they actually budgeted for on their trip with the ease of charging the expenses with the Magic Band.
Charging using the bad wasn’t that different compared to charging using the Key to the World card really. Just a different device to tap/swipe.

Bocabear

Covid. Also, once opened the word quickly got out that this place was way overpriced for the experience
Covid was only as small factor...all reports and reviews were pretty bad. It was a very expensive mistake... Wrong location, Crappy attraction, poor judgement.
I think if Covid had not happened it would still be on the chopping block...maybe it would have limped along for a bit... But there was very little interest from the start

SoFloMagic

Covid was only as small factor...all reports and reviews were pretty bad. It was a very expensive mistake... Wrong location, Crappy attraction, poor judgement.
I think if Covid had not happened it would still be on the chopping block...maybe it would have limped along for a bit... But there was very little interest from the start
There were probably about 50 people there when I went, and if there had been any more it would have been too crowded. As it was, we had to wait in lines for some of the exhibits and the 3 point shooting was a 20 minute wait so we passed.
It was destined for failure. If it had been popular it would have failed to live up by expectations set by lines.

While some parts (Iike try to be a replay official) sucked, others like dunking (with pretty cool photopass) and the combine were both pretty great. I think we'd have done it again within 5 years if it had stayed.

Kamikaze

There were probably about 50 people there when I went, and if there had been any more it would have been too crowded. As it was, we had to wait in lines for some of the exhibits and the 3 point shooting was a 20 minute wait so we passed.
It was destined for failure. If it had been popular it would have failed to live up by expectations set by lines.

While some parts (Iike try to be a replay official) sucked, others like dunking (with pretty cool photopass) and the combine were both pretty great. I think we'd have done it again within 5 years if it had stayed.
You can do most of the same stuff at the HoF in Springfield Mass.

Cmdr_Crimson

It should be a museum of WDW. Would be so cool but that'll likely never happen.
We have that already. If that opened this would close down..
omd486656LARGE.jpg

And I'm sure the events dept needs the other props they use for other things...

ppete1975

turn it into a photo pass location with old ride vehicles (like special events), restore some of the stuff they have rusting away.. maybe a vr experience that takes you on extinct rides. And make it affordable

Casper Gutman

turn it into a photo pass location with old ride vehicles (like special events), restore some of the stuff they have rusting away.. maybe a vr experience that takes you on extinct rides. And make it affordable
Disney wants to mine defunct rides for vague nostalgia dollars, but they don’t want to really remind guests of how the parks used to be, or offer a concrete of comparison to what currently exists.

But yes, I’d adore a museum. And I would pay for it.

ppete1975

Disney wants to mine defunct rides for vague nostalgia dollars, but they don’t want to really remind guests of how the parks used to be, or offer a concrete of comparison to what currently exists.

But yes, I’d adore a museum. And I would pay for it.
yeah but for disney the roi would be great, it would be cheap to run, they already have alot of the stuff, merch sales would be great

Cmdr_Crimson

Ah you mean just like when they had something similar at the former Walt Disney Story that became the Town Square Theater..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom