NBA Experience at Disney Springs

Heppenheimer

But the mid 90s version was excellent and far better than the entirety of Toy Story Land. It was perfect for the park -- I'd rather have the full experience back over the combination of Galaxy's Edge and TSL.

With that said, I still agree that closing it wasn't really a mistake because of the death of the studio. It stopped making sense.
Other than perhaps Catastrophe Canyon, it was a mostly a one-and-done attraction. Unless there's a type of guest who just couldn't get enough of the exterior set of the Golden Girls' house.

UNCgolf

Other than perhaps Catastrophe Canyon, it was a mostly a one-and-done attraction. Unless there's a type of guest who just couldn't get enough of the exterior set of the Golden Girls' house.

Well yeah, the original version was a couple of hours long. You didn't need to do it more than once on a trip.

And of course it's all relative to what interests you. It was much more interesting/entertaining to me than Slinky Dog, Alien Saucers, or Smugglers Run. But it no longer really worked once they stopped filming and animation on site.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Chapek is trying to figure out how he can legally hold people hostage until they pay an escape ransom...
In regards to guests paying up, I think the Disney execs who dreamed up the Magic Bands know that guests can be fooled into spending more than they actually budgeted for on their trip with the ease of charging the expenses with the Magic Band.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Or... would this be a good dumping ground for all things Zootopia? Thus keeping it out of the parks.
Help control the pet population. Get your furries spade or neutered.

lunchbox1175

I'd love something like this.

1st Floor - Merch and ticket Prizes
2nd Floor - 70's - 90's Retro Arcade games (ranging from the Nascar 10 seat game to Pac Man)
3rd Floor - 1/2 the floor Food and Seating (a Vanellope's Sweets and Treats like on the Dream) , other 1/2 floor games Fortnite and such
4th Floor - VR/Interactive Games
5th Floor - Escape Rooms!

nbinks

I maintain that Disney chose to close DisneyQuest at exactly the wrong moment. Gaming has become super mainstream over the past five or so years, especially with Gen Z, which has a large subculture who have adopted the "gamer aesthetic". A fresh coat of paint and a few million dollars to a couple of gaming studios to make some updated interactive attractions would have gone a long way.

I recently took a trip to Las Vegas and stopped by Area15, a new entertainment venue that bills itself as an "experience mall". There's a few permanent exhibitions along with a rotating array of tenants, who offer different types of immersive entertainment: VR games, immersive flight simulators, walk-through experiences (the Van Gogh immersive touring exhibit), etc.

I do wonder if the concept could work for Disney as a sort of reworked DisneyQuest.

Lilofan

Maybe its just nostalgia, but I really miss walking into that Disney Quest lobby and getting to decide which direction to explore first. Lots of great memories with my family.

Rest in peace, Disney Quest...
How corny it was but Alladins magic carpet ride simulator 20 years ago was neat at Disney Quest .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom