News Walt Disney World holidays 2021

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here is the stage show -

Disney Very Merriest After Hours just got even merrier, with “Mickey & Minnie’s Very Merry Memories” joining the lineup of event-exclusive entertainment. Guests attending Disney Very Merriest After Hours, a separately ticketed event at Magic Kingdom Park taking place on 24 select nights Nov. 8 – Dec. 21, 2021, are invited to join Mickey and his pals for a celebration filled with music, dancing and nostalgic yuletide fun. Presented on the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage, the show features nods to classic Magic Kingdom holiday stage shows, including “Mickey’s Twas the Night Before Christmas,” “Celebrate the Season” and “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration.”

Also the Merry Menagerie is back in AK!

During the holiday season and beyond, nature holds the truest magic at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. As a part of this year’s yuletide entertainment, Discovery Island will spring to life with a Merry Menagerie of winter animals, realized in the form of life-size, artisan-sculpted puppets. Reindeer, foxes, polar bears, penguins and more interact with guests, accompanied by serenading musicians as they create a whimsical display and playful atmosphere for guests of all ages to enjoy.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

DCBaker

Premium Member
More information on the Candlelight Processional -

"This year’s celebrity narrators will include Chita Rivera, Jodi Benson, Alton Fitzgerald White, Lisa Ling, Steven Curtis Chapman, Blair Underwood and Pat Sajak with more names being added over the next few weeks. Candlelight Processional Dining Packages are also returning, and can be booked online beginning Oct. 26."

Other entertainment -

"During the festival, holiday traditions of the world come to life around World Showcase, such as:

Las Posadas at the Mexico pavilion
Canadian Holiday Voyageurs in the Canada pavilion
Chinese Lion Dance celebrating the new year in the China pavilion
A Hanukkah storyteller along the promenade and delightful holiday storytellers in France, Italy, Japan, Norway and the United Kingdom
And outside The American Adventure, you can wave hello to Santa Claus as he gets ready for the big day."

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
More information on the Candlelight Processional -

"This year’s celebrity narrators will include Chita Rivera, Jodi Benson, Alton Fitzgerald White, Lisa Ling, Steven Curtis Chapman, Blair Underwood and Pat Sajak with more names being added over the next few weeks. Candlelight Processional Dining Packages are also returning, and can be booked online beginning Oct. 26."

Other entertainment -

"During the festival, holiday traditions of the world come to life around World Showcase, such as:

Las Posadas at the Mexico pavilion
Canadian Holiday Voyageurs in the Canada pavilion
Chinese Lion Dance celebrating the new year in the China pavilion
A Hanukkah storyteller along the promenade and delightful holiday storytellers in France, Italy, Japan, Norway and the United Kingdom
And outside The American Adventure, you can wave hello to Santa Claus as he gets ready for the big day."

She's not as big a name as some of the others, but don't sleep on Chita Rivera as the narrator. Wonderful, wonderful, narrator and a real stage legend (the original Anita in West Side Story, among so many other credits). So glad she's coming back.

I imagine they'll get Whoopi and NPH like the always do as well. Probably working on their schedules. I'm sure Whoopi will film a segment or two for The View while she's here.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here are the dates for the celebrities announced -

Chita Rivera
November 29 through December 1

Jodi Benson
December 2 through December 4

Alton Fitzgerald White
December 5 through December 7

Lisa Ling
December 11 through December 13

Steven Curtis Chapman
December 23 through December 25

Blair Underwood
December 26 through December 28

Pat Sajak
December 29 through December 30

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Here are the dates for the celebrities announced -

Chita Rivera
November 29 through December 1

Jodi Benson
December 2 through December 4

Alton Fitzgerald White
December 5 through December 7

Lisa Ling
December 11 through December 13

Steven Curtis Chapman
December 23 through December 25

Blair Underwood
December 26 through December 28

Pat Sajak
December 29 through December 30
December 8-10 and 14-22 is available. I imagine both he and Whoopi will end up in there.

heapster411

If you notice you CAN NOT book Dining packages until 10/26/21. You only have a choice of Biergarten, Coral Reef, Garden Grill or Rose and Crown.

ToTBellHop

Uhm isnt someone missing from that list, Neil Patrick Harris?? I assume he is going to be there? Isnt he almost the Poster Boy for this now? :)
Honestly, I found the show to be a bore but, thankfully, NPH was hosting the one time we saw it (a few years back). He’s wonderful. Show wasn’t our cup of tea, though. Glad it is returning for its fans, though! I’d like JBJB back but it doesn’t look like it is happening. I presume they don’t want to close MMRR early.

mm52200

There's a lot to criticize Chapek for, but both of these are not valid critiques. The parade situation in particular is because of the labor shortage. And in regards to meet and greets, my guess is that the choir was deemed fine because company policy would have everyone in the choir vaccinated, but with a meet and greet you can't tell who is vaccinated and who isn't. But that doesn't fit your narrative.
That’s literally not the reason for parades or anything not returning. The labor is there waiting. They are sitting on lists of hundreds and hundreds of displaced and laid off entertainment cast members waiting for a call back to their original roles performing. So please stop spinning that narrative when it simply isn’t true at this point.

ToTBellHop

That’s literally not the reason for parades or anything not returning. The labor is there waiting. They are sitting on lists of hundreds and hundreds of displaced and laid off entertainment cast members waiting for a call back to their original roles performing. So please stop spinning that narrative when it simply isn’t true at this point.
Parades, I will agree with. M&Gs are different, but vaccinated cast can absolutely star in a parade while guests stay away from them. It is no different than the cavalcades. There is no reasonable explanation for the lack of FoF. Parades are safe in CA but not FL?

In any event, parades return to WDW next month. They’ll surely want them for day-guests soon after since the “but Covid!“ or “but staffing issues!” claims will fall flat.

They can only find parade cast when you are paying an extra $200 for 4 hours?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom