News Magic Kingdom's Main Street Confectionery closing for refurbishment

jpinkc

Soooo all this time closed was just to get M&M to sponsor the Confectionary?? So is it all pre made stuff now?? If it is that certainly does not sound very good to me.

Touch Karamell Kuche and I will Stick somebody!!! I know its sponsored by Werthers but it beats the Confectionary by a mile to me.

ToTBellHop

Soooo all this time closed was just to get M&M to sponsor the Confectionary?? So is it all pre made stuff now?? If it is that certainly does not sound very good to me.

Touch Karamell Kuche and I will Stick somebody!!! I know its sponsored by Werthers but it beats the Confectionary by a mile to me.
Some things are made on site (there’s a show kitchen).

ToTBellHop

So long as there is still fresh stuff. I have never had anything I would say was Great in prepackaged stuff from the Confectionary. Will they still slice the fresh caramel apples for you?
They are not currently doing that. “Covid”; not sure how that impacts apples…

DisneyDreamerxyz

nothing was ever "made" in the confectionery.....there's no ovens or kitchen in the back to make anything, just racks with boxes that are shipped in. Now the Main Street Bakery has a full kitchen because it was the actual bakery before it was a Starbucks. I think with these renovations they will actually be making MORE than they used to on-site because of the treat customization element and having the sponsor to have more options.

I was at MK yesterday and the hatbox Chapeau sign has been taken down, but the bigger Chapeau sign is still there. I expect it will be taken down soon though.

ToTBellHop

nothing was ever "made" in the confectionery.....there's no ovens or kitchen in the back to make anything, just racks with boxes that are shipped in. Now the Main Street Bakery has a full kitchen because it was the actual bakery before it was a Starbucks. I think with these renovations they will actually be making MORE than they used to on-site because of the treat customization element and having the sponsor to have more options.

I was at MK yesterday and the hatbox Chapeau sign has been taken down, but the bigger Chapeau sign is still there. I expect it will be taken down soon though.
They dip the apples.

jpinkc

Yeah I liked the Chapeau, got my kids there first set of Ears there and had them personalized. I heard they moved the monograming machine someplace else?

UNCgolf

1) D-Luxe Burger
2) Jock Lindsey's
3) Amorettes
4) Stands and carts

That might be it?

I honestly thought D-Luxe Burger was some kind of local chain; had no idea Disney ran it. I also didn't know Amorette's served any food.

Forgot about Jock Lindsey's, though.

Casper Gutman

You guys know opening day Disneyland had a sponsored lingerie store on Main Street, right? It was basically a shopping mall.
Of course. And most of classic EPCOT. But as I said above, those sponsorships were tied to a larger corporate-futurist ideology the parks embodied. That ethos is no longer current and Disney has abandoned it, so sponsorships which once felt optimistic and progressive now seem tawdry and small.

hopemax

I’m just glad the Mars sponsorship worked out, otherwise WDW might not have had the money to keep operating.

Genuine question: is anything at Uni prominently “sponsored by” an outside company? My suspicion is that the sponsorship ideal was born of the worlds fairs Disney emulated and, more broadly, the now defunct ideal of a great partnership of benevolent corporations using corporate-sponsored science (the “Nestle scientists”) leading us all (but mostly America) into a great big beautiful tomorrow. Without that ideal being current, the sponsorship thing feels more like a Johnny Rockets at Six Flags.
Universal Orlando’s website includes a page for Corporate Partners and another one for Preferred Suppliers. However, it’s more like there being Starbucks and Haggen Daas. The closest to what you are thinking is probably Walgreens being the official sponsor for their First Aid. Maybe Macy’s involvement with the Holiday Parade.

CaptainAmerica

Of course. And most of classic EPCOT. But as I said above, those sponsorships were tied to a larger corporate-futurist ideology the parks embodied. That ethos is no longer current and Disney has abandoned it, so sponsorships which once felt optimistic and progressive now seem tawdry and small.
You're describing Test Track 2.0. Everyone hates it.

peoplemover

It looks like this will be a really neat and fun store. But M&Ms and Skittles? Seems like their candy will be on almost everything. Where’s the Godiva partnership? 😜

jpinkc

Yeah most definitely better quality partners for the Confectionary I would think. Even truely specialized ones that are wanting more exposure to become more mainstream would have been more exciting than the M&M's I buy at the gas station once in a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom