BOG or CRT?

Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
Hi all!
Which would you pick for dinner? I want to eat in the castle (with a first timer) but heard BOG’s food is better. This is for a trip in Jan 2022. Thanks!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
My wife and I have eaten at both post-shutdown and BoG wins for food quality hands down (just steer clear of the "Lobster" bisque facetious as they must have just waved one over a vat of the cream sauce).

I'll attach a few pictures of the CRT meals we had for lunch (well at the time there was just the one menu, no breakfast) Charcuterie board, scallops and "beef" something. Cindy stops and waves about one an hour at the dining room. Thats it.

BoG has great food , my favorites (and we'll be eating there twice during our trip next week) are the assorted Meats and Artisanal Cheese Selection, Filet (they can do a great medium rare), and the usual dessert trio. My wife does the same except she goes for the scallops.

Right now skip Cindy's.

Attachments

• crt.jpg
    crt.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 68
  • crt-scal.jpg
    crt-scal.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 67
  • crt-ent-2.jpg
    crt-ent-2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 61

JIMINYCR

If youre decision is going to be made on food quality alone then BOG will be your destination. If its based on dining with a first timer, then THE Castle should be your spot. The Imagineers did a fantastic job with BOG theming of the various dining rooms in the Beast castle, it is impressive so the theming is great there but THE Castle is where most first timers want to experience. I think THE Castle dining still has the more difficult time booking due to limited seating and popularity.

Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
My wife and I have eaten at both post-shutdown and BoG wins for food quality hands down (just steer clear of the "Lobster" bisque facetious as they must have just waved one over a vat of the cream sauce).

I'll attach a few pictures of the CRT meals we had for lunch (well at the time there was just the one menu, no breakfast) Charcuterie board, scallops and "beef" something. Cindy stops and waves about one an hour at the dining room. Thats it.

BoG has great food , my favorites (and we'll be eating there twice during our trip next week) are the assorted Meats and Artisanal Cheese Selection, Filet (they can do a great medium rare), and the usual dessert trio. My wife does the same except she goes for the scallops.

Right now skip Cindy's.
Thank you so much!!

Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
If youre decision is going to be made on food quality alone then BOG will be your destination. If its based on dining with a first timer, then THE Castle should be your spot. The Imagineers did a fantastic job with BOG theming of the various dining rooms in the Beast castle, it is impressive so the theming is great there but THE Castle is where most first timers want to experience. I think THE Castle dining still has the more difficult time booking due to limited seating and popularity.
Thanks!!

diggity16

We had an amazing dinner at CRT during the pandemic. It highly exceeded our expectations. Plus being in the castle was amazing. Our past experience at BOG was that the food was fine, the atmosphere was cool, but for me the castle was way better. I have heard that BOG isn’t getting great reviews recently (source Len Testa’s Twitter lol). So if it were me, I’d vote CRT all the way!!

Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
We had an amazing dinner at CRT during the pandemic. It highly exceeded our expectations. Plus being in the castle was amazing. Our past experience at BOG was that the food was fine, the atmosphere was cool, but for me the castle was way better. I have heard that BOG isn’t getting great reviews recently (source Len Testa’s Twitter lol). So if it were me, I’d vote CRT all the way!!
Thank you!

Dave B

We absolutely love the steak in CRT, I am not sure why people say the food quality is lacking there, we have always enjoyed the food in the Castle

Disneyson

If you are interested in getting bang for your buck, CRT is not doing character dining any longer and is the same price for Cinderella waving. If characters are important to you, BOG is the only location you can see Beast, and his appearance is pretty similar to the one he used to do pre-pandemic.

The food is stellar at BOG, but it you’re looking for old Disney vibes and good dessert, do CRT. Or go to Le Cellier, which is very similar in look and atmosphere nowadays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom