DisneySky - COMPLETE

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No

Disney Warrior

D Hulk

Original Poster
I think James Koehl is @James G. , as I remember them knowing Doug and the original Americana 1900 (which will probably come to this forum in the future) was created by him in a TPA finals (under the alternate account/psuedonym of Scott E). I think Doug started armchair imagineering in either 2015 or 2016 on TPI
Nailed it!

Suchomimus

I wonder if it’s just a coincidence that both parks are called DisneySky? There appears to be a pretty big time gap between that and this, which I believe was Hulk’s original proposal:

James’ version is also “fantasy” oriented as apposed to the “magical realism” that Hulk went with in both parks.

James G.

Y'all nailed it! James Koehl is @ James G , and I presented my presentation of Americana 1900 (back before it had its colonectomy and was "Americana:1900" using the pseudonym of Scott E. I also did a God-awful version of DisneySky in Theme Park Apprentice that predated @D Hulk by a couple of competitive rounds. I'm going to announce that I am working on a major presentation, similar in concept to @D Hulk's spectacular presentation of DisneySky but based on the version of Americana 1900 that I've been working on for the past half a decade. It still has a long way to go, especially in the graphic portion, and I'm still on my 44th proofreading and rewrite of the text, and the real-life Scott E is working on the graphics of it (with much major contribution from @D Hulk. I don't know when we'll be ready to start presenting it, but when we are you'll know it. @D Hulk has offered to make a major announcement.

I'm going to give you a bit of a warning. It will be long. Some of my backstories will be broken into three days worth of reading, while others will be one paragraph. There are history lessons (no tests). I even have a recipe thrown in for fun. I promise, though, that if you are brave enough to dive into it and stay with me to the end, you will experience a theme park resort unlike anything you have ever experienced in WDWMagic before. Disney is rarely even mentioned, and when it is, well, let's just say that the phrase "the black rat of Orlando" is meant with utmost respect and love;).

Now that the black rat is out of the bag, I better get back to work. Maybe this will give a flame lit until Scott E.'s butt to get to work on the graphics (I think most of you remember that graphics is not my strong suite). Stay tuned...

Americana 1900

America's Grand New Theme Park

is on its way!

Last edited:

James G.

Since there has been some curiosity about the project I've been working on, I suppose that it's not inappropriate to give you a bit of a teaser about what it will hopefully look like. This is just a teaser- we're far from ready to start posting anything more than this, but the next time you see this, it will be the beginning of my full presentation. I don't have a date planned for when this will start- you can probably imagine that the artwork for this is a bit complicated, and I'm not going to start until we're ready and satisfied. You're just going to have to wait.

Until then, here's a sample of what you'll see as you enter America's Grand New Theme Park:

1630260249444.jpeg

DisneyManOne

I've been revisiting this thread, and reliving the thrill of DisneySky. And honestly, this thought came to mind: One day down the line, would you ever do a thread detailing what you would do to update Disneyland and Disney California Adventure? I'm sure your ideas for that would be enough to make those two parks stand on the same level as the majesty that is DisneySky!

D Hulk

Original Poster
I've been revisiting this thread, and reliving the thrill of DisneySky. And honestly, this thought came to mind: One day down the line, would you ever do a thread detailing what you would do to update Disneyland and Disney California Adventure? I'm sure your ideas for that would be enough to make those two parks stand on the same level as the majesty that is DisneySky!
Glad you’re enjoying your trip back through DisneySky.

Honestly I hadn’t put any thought into updating Disneyland or DCA. Working on a blank slate like DisneySky is easier than working with an existing place with all its expectations and infrastructure and history. It’s more likely that I’d tackle another new gate one of these days.

Been doing some preliminary thoughts on a new park project from scratch, but it’s way too early to reveal anything yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom