Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilofan

Maybe the rest of the group is just paying their bill at Shoney‘s. They are notoriously slow :(

That isn’t a great turnout but I’m sure there are many more than 25 CMs who oppose the mandate. On the flip side we don’t even know all 25 actually work at Disney.
The Shoneys near WDW have all u can eat breakfast and lunch. Perhaps some were still enjoying the food fest.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The Shoneys near WDW have all u can eat breakfast and lunch. Perhaps some were still enjoying the food fest.
No clue. I always preferred the classic Bob’s Big Boy over Shoney‘s 🤤🤤🤤

If only 25 people showed up at the FL protest I wonder if it was just 1 guy out in Anaheim. At least they had an easy time distancing and some even wore masks 😷😷😷😷

BrianLo

The FDA has, at least.

Lest anyone think this is the final word for all time... it isn't. The FDA has made the recommendation against boosters at this time, but in the future, if there is a clear drop-off in immunity, then obviously boosters could be reconsidered.

All the more likely, a Delta variant formulation, as the third booster down the line. That I could see having enough evidence that it moves the needle.

Disney Analyst

I really wonder and think the dosage spacing helped us out (i.e. months in between doses).

We're seeing way better efficacy than a lot of other countries.

I absolutely agree that it definitely did. The data suggests this in most vaccines, including for Covid, that the longer the interval, the better the efficacy.

While we did it mostly out of necessity to get more first doses out, the timing really was perfect. We got more first doses out when the first dose was very protective against Alpha, and ramped up second doses before Delta really hit in earnest.

Patcheslee

Update on stepdad. Mom didn't want to get dad back out for a covid test as it would have meant waiting in line outside over the weekend. Monday mom called doctor due to him falling twice in a day. Doc switched him from Robitussin (why did the doctor give it for "allergies"?) to another med that's better for HBP. Still no improvement Wednesday, went back to Dr today after mom started feeling unwell. Both tested positive for strep and still pending covid test results. I'm really questioning the doctors competence at this point. There's very few places either of them go, and nowhere are they unmasked. Doctor visits, she gets groceries, and him to work (unfortunately somewhere customers aren't required masks). They still haven't had company over. The few visits here have been outside, distanced, with masks since DD goes to school around unmasked kids.

JoeCamel

Update on stepdad. Mom didn't want to get dad back out for a covid test as it would have meant waiting in line outside over the weekend. Monday mom called doctor due to him falling twice in a day. Doc switched him from Robitussin (why did the doctor give it for "allergies"?) to another med that's better for HBP. Still no improvement Wednesday, went back to Dr today after mom started feeling unwell. Both tested positive for strep and still pending covid test results. I'm really questioning the doctors competence at this point. There's very few places either of them go, and nowhere are they unmasked. Doctor visits, she gets groceries, and him to work (unfortunately somewhere customers aren't required masks). They still haven't had company over. The few visits here have been outside, distanced, with masks since DD goes to school around unmasked kids.
Doctor Vvsits? A room full (distanced) of sick people talking to each other??

Disney Experience

I think the 2-16 vote is a pretty clear message that nobody who isn't identified as immunocompromised or at extremely high risk from COVID-19 should be rushing out to get a 3rd dose. This isn't something by a couple of anti-vaxxers. This is the overwhelming majority of an FDA committee.
Actually the groups they said might benefit ( vs the heart risk of vaccine in young adults ) from the booster now just happen to be the groups that were vaccinated first after EUA (Elderly, first responders / medical , people with comorbidities).

So really they just pushed the decision on groups who got vaccinated later (Fit, young, and healthy). … to a later review .

Nubs70

I really wonder and think the dosage spacing helped us out (i.e. months in between doses).

We're seeing way better efficacy than a lot of other countries.
If a dose provides a bell shaped curve of protection over a period of months, doses given over weeks will have an over all shorter protective duration than two more spread out bell curves with a dip in efficacy in the middle.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here is the weekly report from the Florida DOH. The number of new deaths reported from the report last week to this report is 2,468.

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 5.26.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 5.26.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 5.26.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 5.26.49 PM.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If CDC decides ending vaccines mandates as protests will have victory, then the new variant will get worse to appear as the pandemic will be longer as massive COVID-19 surge comes by this Fall/Winter. Federal Transportation have to extending mask mandate for another years due to protests aka anti-vaccines will ending our lives and we will never get back to normal. I bet protests aka anti-vaxxers are Trump fans.
I don’t think a protest with 30 people will move the needle.

JoeCamel

The doctor has him scheduled as first patient of the day when possible and they take him straight to a room. If that's not possible, they call from the car and he goes in the side entrance straight to a room. There is no waiting room anymore.
Much better, I was appalled to see six or more in each of two offices I went to last year just chatting away like it was old home week. Granted these are elderly but moreso the reason to stay away

Disney Experience

I think the biggest issue with that is there’s no standard for what level of immunity you need and how accurate lab tests are. It’s very easy to show proof of vaccination but what level of proof is required to show natural immunity. It’s harder to administer. For example, my company setup a screen on their internal website for employees that has a vaccine attestation statement and a way to upload your vaccine card. It’s very straight forward for someone from HR to look and see if the standard CDC card is attached and validate it’s real. With anti-body tests every lab will have a different form and then someone has to decide if the level is high enough. It’s a lot more to administer. I think that’s why you are seeing some companies skip the weekly testing option and go straight to vaccination mandates. If we could go back and do it all over again there would be a national database system that had everyone either vaccinated or naturally infected with over a certain level of anti-bodies. Then every employer could just use that and be done. We didn’t do that because of the hesitant who would have complained about their privacy and the government tracking them.
Yes, Having a positive results from an antibody test ( without a quantified result) does not mean one will have sufficient immune response to the virus to be asymptomatic ( example my fully vaccinated self getting moderate covid19 two weeks after a positive antibody result )

There are predictive quantified levels of neutralizing antibodies to predict a given level of immune protection.

See:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom