The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Figments Friend

Cupcake announcements come later.

Actually, they already 'announced' those back during the D23 Expo '50th' announcement a couple of years ago.
When they released a generic image showing a Photoshopped 'colored' Castle, balloons, and ...brace for it......CUPCAKES!
So we all know they are coming.

Can't wait to see and hear the local 'Vloggers' rave about them once they are released officially....

( twirls finger unenthusiastically )

-

Cesar R M

I agree. I much prefer these to the statues in front of the castle. The pedestals look awful and cheap. I like the statues themselves, though.
Some even appear to be split in half? Look at Minnie's. It looks like it was split in two pieces. while Mickey's was perfect.

James Alucobond

On the sculpture of Minnie? Where did you see that? I just took a peek at one of the videos with her statue and couldn't see any split.
They’re talking about the pedestals, which in some photos look to have a depression that splits the main surface into two halves. I was assuming it was the same on all of them and that the ability to see it in photographs just depended on shadows at the time.

ImperfectPixie

They’re talking about the pedestals, which in some photos look to have a depression that splits the main surface into two halves. I was assuming it was the same on all of them and that the ability to see it in photographs just depended on shadows at the time.
Ohhh...I see it now...just looking at a small segment of the video I looked at earlier, there are at least 2 pedestals that have a split. I was initially wondering if the split was required for installing the statues that appear to balance on one small part of the foot or something, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'd be very curious to know what they're made of and why some have splits, while others don't.

Cesar R M

Exactly.
As far I know, I also only seen 2 statues with this plit. The rest seems to be perfect with no cuts.
Unless these are actually like that because they're hollow for lights or sound devices.

DCBaker

Premium Member
E_KmbdsXsAEQDMT.jpeg

James Alucobond

Honestly, I'm not a fan of wrapping the monorails. We get enough wraps like that on city busses, etc.
I think it could be cool if it stays just on Monorail Gold since it’s the golden anniversary. That way, it won’t overpower the entire fleet and is an extra bonus for riding that color. We used to love trying to ride all the different colors when we went as kids.

hpyhnt 1000

Honestly, I'm not a fan of wrapping the monorails. We get enough wraps like that on city busses, etc.
Usually I agree. Same with the buses, and I dislike all the "character" wraps that have been appearing in recent years. Just look really tacky to me.

BUT... if there was ever a time for some kind of marketing wrap on the buses and monorails, WDW's 50th is it. It's a milestone anniversary and a big deal, and it should be highlighted across the resort, IMHO.

ImperfectPixie

Usually I agree. Same with the buses, and I dislike all the "character" wraps that have been appearing in recent years. Just look really tacky to me.

BUT... if there was ever a time for some kind of marketing wrap on the buses and monorails, WDW's 50th is it. It's a milestone anniversary and a big deal, and it should be highlighted across the resort, IMHO.
I understand your point (and yes, I dislike the character buses, too), but if they HAD to put graphics on the monorails, I would have preferred something minimal and more classic-looking than a huge wrap.

CaptainAmerica

I'm the opposite. I like the wraps. I think this particular wrap looks horrible. Why didn't they just do the whole thing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom