Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jrb1979

They are already shorter…and move faster. I love it and hope very few buy Genie+.
I'm still thinking a lot of people will buy Genie+. I personally hope it stays for good. I love the new system. It's much better then all the advanced booking. Day of works much better for me.

Jrb1979

Looks like the FP+ haters got their way.......According to everything Ive read, now that FP+ is gone then all standby lines should be short because thats what caused them to be longer ;)
You're right I got my way. I hated FP+ and the advanced booking.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How is this not customer friendly? It's the same as Maxpass but without the top rides. I'm betting the majority of people will buy it. Most casual people will use it.
Wdw does not have the ride capacity to accommodate their 2012-2019 crowds comfortably. It’s a numbers game.

any “management” system is moving deck chairs around on the titanic. They’re trying to bail themselves out of Bob’s mistakes by throwing money at it…yours and mine. It may work too.

Jeff4272

You're right I got my way. I hated FP+ and the advanced booking.
"sure, i'd love to pay for an extra $315 today for that same thing you gave me yesterday for free"

( in case you needed help with the math: Family of 5 x $24 = $120 x 2 = $240 for the top 2 headliners + $75 for Genie+ = $315)

multiply that x 7 days in the park and thats $2,205

Great idea

You sound like a perfect candidate for that bridge.......I'll sell it WAY cheaper just for you

Wait, you'd rather spend $2,205 more for something this week that was free last week?

I'm taking back the discount on the bridge...........

It's full price for you

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Fastpass at DL was still free if you were willing to walk up to the kiosk. When you paid for Maxpass, you were paying for the convenience of getting FPs on your phone. And you also got PhotoPass included. Big difference.
Disney finally figured out they were leaving money on the table.

Jrb1979

"sure, i'd love to pay for an extra $315 today for that same thing you gave me yesterday for free"

Great idea

You sound like a perfect candidate for that bridge.......I'll sell it WAY cheaper just for you
It has nothing to do with money. I almost always buy skip the line systems at every park I go to. Its more about it getting rid of advanced booking.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I won’t pay $96. $15 per person, I might have considered. $24 is outrageous.

I’m paying $56/park day for my AP. I guess that’s why Disney no longer values APs if they think people will pay $24 for a SINGLE RIDE. It better include Disney Massage+ at the end.
I expect there's a lot like you. I'll never pay $24 a ride.. I'll probably buy the $15 Genie+, stay onsite, and hit the premium rides at ropedrop. And if I can't get boarding groups for Rise, Rat, Tron, and Guardians, I'll skip them.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see significant changes in the first year, and wonder if it will ever hit $24 outside of Christmas week.

ToTBellHop

Won't the people who previously used FP+ now be in the standby line, resulting in longer standby lines?
That’s why I said shorter early and late day. People won’t have the same impetus to show up right at park open (they won’t have that free 9 am FP that they booked months ago) nor will they stay for a late, pre-booked FP. They’ll return to their old habits of showing up late and leaving early. This is already the case. They also won’t mob Journey Into Imagination because a FP was available. I presume they just won’t ride Imagination all that often.

The game will be like it once was: ride the E-tickets early and enjoy the filler later in the afternoon while the hoards wait 3 hours for Test Track. The only place I’d honestly consider Genie+ is MK because there are so many rides to use that on. Waste of money at DAK. Just come for early entry to ride FoP and take a Safari. Done.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney finally figured out they were leaving money on the table.
I think it’s more they stopped caring about fostering long term, multigenerational core fans…

people follow patterns…and if the pattern becomes “they really didn’t want me there unless I bought port Orleans DVC or club 33…”…it will take hold and bare “fruit”

it’s Just a matter of time.

Last edited:

pdude81

Does ShopDisney function well?
I can't give you a straightforward answer on that because they seem to have an inability to make any changes or updates to an order that only exists in a computer. But that's not completely abnormal for large retailers. On the whole my experience with ShopDisney is fine, though I think I'm missing your point here.

mattpeto

I am…confident…fewer will pay for this than used free Fastpass+. So, at a minimum, standby lines will be shorter early and late day.

Just like the AH parties are better for the masses (park not closing down earlier for day guests and the ones that paid have shorter lines), it definitely feels like Genie+ has the potential to be superior than legacy FP+. Standby lines should move quicker and if you paid the upcharge, you should be to line skip frequently throughout the day.

I'm kind of hoping they create some flexibility for guests that don't want to arrive to the park until the evening hours. It would be neat if you could select your first Genie+ LL after 5 pm each day for instance (and then not use any prior). I don't think that's how it's going to work though...

I don't like the paid IAS.

A better system would be to limit the VQ to only one per park. That means Rise, Remy, FoP and 7DMT get VQ's with LL. Give onsite quests priority at 7 am for BG but open it up to anyone in the park at 1 pm.

All rides go to Standby if all BG are called...

Wendy Pleakley

So the difference with Genie+ vs MaxPass is now headliners not included, photopass not included, no more free option and it's $5 more per person?

One other difference is that only a portion of guests will use Genie+ versus everyone using FastPass, so Genie+ should be better than FastPass for those willing to pay. Rides won't "sell out" as often. You'll be able to get a good ride reservation sooner after you use one than you did before.

It will depend on how many people use it.

I'm guessing it will used more by tourists. Passholders will balk at paying an extra fee on every single visit, and they don't care about waits times as much because they are more willing to skip an attraction and ride it another time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom