Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

ImperfectPixie

That’s the beauty of it…

it’s additional money with no cost. Same as it will be in Orlando.

whether it’s $1, $10,000 or $1,000,000 a day…it’s free and clear.

we’ve done a bad job of academically explaining the game of “genie” here…I’m beginning to realize.
Well, technically the development of the Genie aspect of the app cost money, so they need to recoup that.

Jrb1979

…then that confirms what I’ve thought: they have the worst management in TWDC history by a factor of 10.

$24 to ride average rides…or $15 to enter a virtual queue for it all day…

on top of a flex priced $160 daily “concert pass” gate ticket…

…and you have to account for $209 after hours/tinsel parties too…don’t forget that.

if the BOD approves Chappo Slappos next contract - based on estimates from these kinds of number promises - they should all be removed for fiduciary malfeasance.

not sustainable
The thing is people are going to buy it so it will sustainable. It's funny people had no issue with Maxpass and it cost money.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You don't really think it's going to run smoothly from launch day to eternity, do you? This IS Disney IT we're talking about here...the ones who can't even keep the website a huge resort/theme park destination depends on operating smoothly.
I’m saying the IT costs are minor in the broad scope

I mean…yeah they do suck and it costs too much…

but Disney’s park unit has never “drown” in overhead…no matter what the idiots tell Wall Street

Jeff4272

I think because there were alot of rides to choose from and you could get several passes...in AK and Epcot (and maybe even HS), its likely that Genie+ will not be necessary
Using an example of AK........Safari and FOP don't qualify for Genie+.........That leaves

Everest, Kali, Navi and Dinosaur..

I don't think you'd need to pay to skip those......I bet the waits aren't much longer with or without Genie+

If they included the headliners in AK and Epcot, I bet everyone would buy it....SO then it comes down to break even numbers of how many pay for the IAS or LL or whatever they are calling it

Would they make more on a few people buying the top 2 OR everyone buying Genie+ if they included all rides

DisneyDreamer08

The thing is people are going to buy it so it will sustainable. It's funny people had no issue with Maxpass and it cost money.
Fastpass at DL was still free if you were willing to walk up to the kiosk. When you paid for Maxpass, you were paying for the convenience of getting FPs on your phone. And you also got PhotoPass included. Big difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom