Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree, but it's misleading due to the unknown piece of the equation that leads to the image. How many first doses are J&J first and final doses and how many are Pfizer or Moderna? Can't really use it to figure out hesitancy unless they carve out how many were first doses of two which are well passed their second shot window.
I just assume if you took at least 1 dose you aren’t in the camp that needs to be convinced anymore.

JoeCamel

I agree, but it's misleading due to the unknown piece of the equation that leads to the image. How many first doses are J&J first and final doses and how many are Pfizer or Moderna? Can't really use it to figure out hesitancy unless they carve out how many were first doses of two which are well passed their second shot window.
If you dwell on the numbers you will not get the whole picture. Third doses administered shows up as first doses and when not followed by a "second" dose in the system it skews the numbers for the incomplete cats. This is an inexact science so all you can do is follow the trends.

DisneyCane

Is COVID-19 pandemic WILL be longer for many many years to come?

I guess federal transportation will keep mask mandate for many years for this.......

As we will NEVER get back to normal as the millions of people will die as the world will ending very soon....

Mask mandate along with social distancing will be longer FOREVER....

No one will stop the pandemic for good. @GoofGoof

This COVID-19 problems will be forever for years to come.

As this is going to be pain our butts for rest for our lives.
Unfortunately they are probably correct. It's basically going to turn into a situation where, like the flu, there is a shot you can take yearly that protects you from severe illness for the most part. Time to move on from mitigation, especially once 5-11 can be vaccinated, because it is pretty pointless.

The USA may reach a period of very low spread after enough are vaccinated combined with those naturally infected. Then, one year there will be a new strain which evades previous immunity and we'll be back to square one again until people get vaccine shots designed to target the new strain.

DisneyCane

I don’t disagree with this, but when we see hospitals nearing capacity in some places a downward trend is a very welcome sign for sure. I’m not saying covid is over, just that FL has hopefully peaked and things may begin to improve some for the hospitals and their staff.
My prediction from over a month ago was that FL will be back to June levels before the 50th at WDW. Let's hope I was right!

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Having mask mandates and other restrictions for fully vaccinated people is mind-numbingly stupid, if the goal is to try and convince as many people as possible to get vaccinated. That strategy has backfired immensely.
We went down that path back in April when the CDC dropped masks for fully vaccinated people and it didn’t move the needle on vaccinations at all. They actually slowed further at the time. That talking point was fully debunked and I was one of the people who bought into it at least somewhat back then. Nothing is going to convince most of the remaining people to “choose” to be vaccinated. The only answer is to require vaccinations for people to show up at workplaces and for activities that involve large groups of people like cruises, theme parks, airlines, bars/clubs and sporting events. So far the employment strategy has been pretty successful but we need much more of it and more widespread adoption.

TrainsOfDisney

Yup! My personal favorite is still that they won't be a guinea pig. Ummmm.... no we did that already.
Yup, my friend mentions the guinea pig quite a bit as well!

Having mask mandates and other restrictions for fully vaccinated people is mind-numbingly stupid, if the goal is to try and convince as many people as possible to get vaccinated. That strategy has backfired immensely.

I am vacinated, I wear a mask, don’t eat indoors, and practice social distancing. It’s not difficult.

91JLovesDisney

Am I the first to bring up that some hospitals (In the US at least) have been stating that a patient isn't fully vaccinated until 14 days after the second shot? No big deal, right?

Well if a patient comes in less than 14 days after the second dose with COVID symptoms (which the vax actually gave them), they're added to the number of hospitalized COVID patients. 🤡

Chomama

It may not be "difficult" but I doubt too many people desire to live like that long term. If COVID is around forever and the vaccines never come close to preventing spread, do you intend to do these "not difficult" things for years or decades?
Yes I do. At least until my kids are fully vaxxed and their risk of contracting Covid and having serious side effects seems to have passed. It really isnt a challenge. The best way I have heard it described is that when you are vaccinated and Cove it is spreading as rapidly as it is right now, then you should know that your risk is low enough to go on and live your life high enough to take reasonable precautions. To me wearing a mask and eating outside our reasonable precautions. The definition of reasonable is going to be different for everyone but I think it is clear at this point the number one thing we all need to do is get vaccinated. If the spread slows down then, and many others, will find it reasonable to engage in more and more activities, just like we were in June. If it picks back up it is spreading like wildfire again we will return to you more caution. It may Evan flow for a bit and that is just the way we are going to have to live. If you do not want to live that way you do not have to. I don’t really think it’s worth getting worked up about other people choosing to avoid more high-risk situations even if they are vaccinated when Covid is spreading as rapidly as it is

Chomama

Yes I do. At least until my kids are fully vaxxed and their risk of contracting Covid and having serious side effects seems to have passed. It really isnt a challenge. The best way I have heard it described is that when you are vaccinated and Cove it is spreading as rapidly as it is right now, then you should know that your risk is low enough to go on and live your life high enough to take reasonable precautions. To me wearing a mask and eating outside our reasonable precautions. The definition of reasonable is going to be different for everyone but I think it is clear at this point the number one thing we all need to do is get vaccinated. If the spread slows down then, and many others, will find it reasonable to engage in more and more activities, just like we were in June. If it picks back up it is spreading like wildfire again we will return to you more caution. It may Evan flow for a bit and that is just the way we are going to have to live. If you do not want to live that way you do not have to. I don’t really think it’s worth getting worked up about other people choosing to avoid more high-risk situations even if they are vaccinated when Covid is spreading as rapidly as it is
Are used voice text for that response so please excuse the typos

Lilofan

We went down that path back in April when the CDC dropped masks for fully vaccinated people and it didn’t move the needle on vaccinations at all. They actually slowed further at the time. That talking point was fully debunked and I was one of the people who bought into it at least somewhat back then. Nothing is going to convince most of the remaining people to “choose” to be vaccinated. The only answer is to require vaccinations for people to show up at workplaces and for activities that involve large groups of people like cruises, theme parks, airlines, bars/clubs and sporting events. So far the employment strategy has been pretty successful but we need much more of it and more widespread adoption.
The employment strategy has some fans and non fans. The non fans think is a negative incentive but I'm in the group that support the idea. Get vaccinated or risk losing your job. Whatever the case, Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel is a happy guy. He reached billionaire status in the spring of 2021, current net worth $14B.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

The employment strategy has some fans and non fans. The non fans think is a negative incentive but I'm in the group that support the idea. Get vaccinated or risk losing your job. Whatever the case, Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel is a happy guy. He reached billionaire status in the spring of 2021, current net worth $14B.
While I agree with thay, I still think the only way to get more people vaccinated is have a vaccine passport. Once they announced it here vaccine appointments went up.

Heppenheimer

Am I the first to bring up that some hospitals (In the US at least) have been stating that a patient isn't fully vaccinated until 14 days after the second shot? No big deal, right?

Well if a patient comes in less than 14 days after the second dose with COVID symptoms (which the vax actually gave them), they're added to the number of hospitalized COVID patients. 🤡
You don't get "COVID symptoms" from the vaccine. You feel generally ill for about 8-36 hours. You don't loose your sense of taste or smell, you don't develope a cough, you don't have congestion and you don't have difficulty breathing.

The typical symptoms from the vaccine (not counting the very rare, more severe reactions) aren't nearly bad enough for hospitalization. Ibuprofen and rest does it for most people.

Heppenheimer

The real people in the science world have said through thier guidance that the vaccines don't prevent spread to a large degree. Therefore if you don't get vaccinated it doesn't make any real difference to another person.

Dr. Science can't have it both ways. Either it matters from a macro standpoint that people get vaccinated or it doesn't. If it does then vaccinated people shouldn't need to mitigate. If they need to mitigate then Dr. Science is saying it doesn't matter from a macro standpoint.

You can argue that it matters to others when hospitals run out of capacity but that appears to be a short term issue at the peak of a spike.
No, for the 10,000th time, it REDUCES your ability to spread. Preventing the spread of disease is not, nor has it ever been, and "all or nothing" calculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom