Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin_W

In other words… if you are vaccinated then live your life and stop worrying about COVID.

I read that report in the NYT; it was a good article. It can be hard as a vaccinated person to find the right balance. 2 months ago before Delta I felt pretty free to do anything. Now, less so, but still more than pre-vaccine. As mmascari pointed out earlier, though other things are risky I still try to mitigate those as well - I don't golf in lightning storms, I wear a seatbelt in my car, etc..

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I read that report in the NYT; it was a good article. It can be hard as a vaccinated person to find the right balance. 2 months ago before Delta I felt pretty free to do anything. Now, less so, but still more than pre-vaccine. As mmascari pointed out earlier, though other things are risky I still try to mitigate those as well - I don't golf in lightning storms, I wear a seatbelt in my car, etc..
I think you’re being reasonable.

this whole situation is kinda like a spigot…and a spigot can be partially opened.

it’s not lockdown until we emerge from some kinda bunker in a post apocalyptic world in 3 years…nor is it compete anarchist free for all and anyone suggesting being intelligent is a conspiracy member.

the middle of the road is where we want to be…but moving constantly to avoid the bumps and potholes

Patcheslee

In other words… if you are vaccinated then live your life and stop worrying about COVID.

I'm vaccinated, however if I'm identified as a close contact at work, I still have to take off work. Because I'm vaccinated the chances of my testing positive are less, which means less chance I will receive pay due to the stupid rules. In this case an unvaccinated person has a better chance of getting paid.
Not exactly inspiring

mmascari

Should I continue to play golf in a lightning storm to "live my life"?
It's been over an hour and nobody replied with one of these:
Lightning Strike Golf GIF

I'm so disappointed in all of you. 😩

Polkadotdress

I'm vaccinated, however if I'm identified as a close contact at work, I still have to take off work. Because I'm vaccinated the chances of my testing positive are less, which means less chance I will receive pay due to the stupid rules. In this case an unvaccinated person has a better chance of getting paid.
Not exactly inspiring
Don’t current CDC guidelines states that if you’re vaxx’d and exposed, then you don’t need to isolate unless you’re showing symptoms or test positive?

Lilofan

One note on the dirty air filters... changing them helps the blowers it the furnace/are not you. Dirty filters don't start letting particles pass through. In fact, they are more efficient the clean filters (unless electrostatic). But yes, it makes the unit work harder which can shorted the life of your blower motor and reduce airflow so that performance is not as good.
Yes but a dirty auto cabin air filter when the AC is blasting is a different story. With a clean filter it is a difference on what one breathes coming out out of the AC vents.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Don’t current CDC guidelines states that if you’re vaxx’d and exposed, then you don’t need to isolate unless you’re showing symptoms or test positive?
That is what i understand, yes.
From the CDC:

Quarantine
Quarantine if you have been in close contact (within 6 feet of someone for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone who has COVID-19, unless you have been fully vaccinated. People who are fully vaccinated do NOT need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they have symptoms. However, fully vaccinated people should get tested 3-5 days after their exposure, even if they don’t have symptoms and wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until their test result is negative.

disneygeek90

From the CDC:

Quarantine
Quarantine if you have been in close contact (within 6 feet of someone for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone who has COVID-19, unless you have been fully vaccinated. People who are fully vaccinated do NOT need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they have symptoms. However, fully vaccinated people should get tested 3-5 days after their exposure, even if they don’t have symptoms and wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until their test result is negative.

Protocol at work atm is that if a fully vaccinated person is exposed to an employee that tested positive, they wfh and can return after 5 days with no symptoms and negative test.

sullyinMT

For those interested, the Ohio case of the courts administering medical decisions/allowing outside physician care has hit a new phase. A reasonable one, unlike the previous decision.

The second judge mentioned many of the reasons that came up here, including the ability for the patient to seek care where Dr Wagshul has inpatient privileges just one county over.

https://apple.news/AZ8qPpeIwTWi4cRtYmBUTUw

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The rumor at my office is that the company is planning to add a surcharge to the medical benefits for unvaccinated workers. Open enrollment starts in October and the company is requiring every employee sign an attestation to their vaccine status now and if people say they are vaccinated provide a copy of the vaccine card. The rumor is the surcharge may be around $100 per pay extra for the unvaccinated or $2,600 a year. I assume that if you get fully vaccinated between now and 1/1/22 you would get out of the extra charge next year. I also assume it will be done like the smoking charge where they will raise the base rate $100 a pay and then offer a discount of $100 for being vaccinated. I’d still prefer a straight vaccine mandate, but it makes sense that unvaccinated pay more since the cost of hospitalization is very high.

sullyinMT

The rumor at my office is that the company is planning to add a surcharge to the medical benefits for unvaccinated workers. Open enrollment starts in October and the company is requiring every employee sign an attestation to their vaccine status now and if people say they are vaccinated provide a copy of the vaccine card. The rumor is the surcharge may be around $100 per pay extra for the unvaccinated or $2,600 a year. I assume that if you get fully vaccinated between now and 1/1/22 you would get out of the extra charge next year. I also assume it will be done like the smoking charge where they will raise the base rate $100 a pay and then offer a discount of $100 for being vaccinated. I’d still prefer a straight vaccine mandate, but it makes sense that unvaccinated pay more since the cost of hospitalization is very high.
Any word on if that will impact spouses and 16+ dependents, as well? Previous places I’ve worked had such a surcharge for tobacco/nicotine for all family members. Also, new hires came in with nicotine testing as part of the drug screen, stating health care costs as the reason. So, perhaps employers could work around mandate bans that way, too? New hires must be vaccinated to avoid rising premiums, and unvaccinated dependents are subject to the surcharge. In the case of states with mandate bans, unfortunately existing employees will need to be grandfathered in - albeit with a high price that will get many to comply.

Disneydad1012

That's interesting...I work for a large bank and we have to do the same by 9/15 and our open enrollment starts 11/1. I wonder if it will happen here as well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That’ll work…

and not just for “now”…this is something lawyers and underwriters will want as policy.

they will want no hesitancy to do medical precautions for any future incidents of concern.

no problem….none.

correcaminos

I agree 100% with everything you said here. I’m not saying throw caution to the wind here and drive 120 mph on a highway without seatbelts. But yes… mask in settings such as airplanes and movie theaters. But don’t let COVID be the reason you cancel upcoming vacations. (Again, assuming you’re vaccinated)
I actually mostly agree with this. Though if someone tells me to mask, I mask. If in super crowded indoor places I would too because that's the recommendation. I will say if one has immune issues and hasn't gotten dose 3 then maybe hold off on vacation until after, but mostly at face value I cannot say you're totally wrong.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Any word on if that will impact spouses and 16+ dependents, as well? Previous places I’ve worked had such a surcharge for tobacco/nicotine for all family members. Also, new hires came in with nicotine testing as part of the drug screen, stating health care costs as the reason. So, perhaps employers could work around mandate bans that way, too? New hires must be vaccinated to avoid rising premiums, and unvaccinated dependents are subject to the surcharge. In the case of states with mandate bans, unfortunately existing employees will need to be grandfathered in - albeit with a high price that will get many to comply.
Not sure on spouses and I would assume if kids are covered it would be kids 12+. There has been no ask of uploading proof of vaccination for spouses or kids so my gut says just the employee.

sullyinMT

Not sure on spouses and I would assume if kids are covered it would be kids 12+. There has been no ask of uploading proof of vaccination for spouses or kids so my gut says just the employee.
The ONLY reason I mention 16+ is to avoid the cannon fodder of EUA vs approval. It's a technicality, to be sure, but I can see an HR department and legal bending just a little for the bigger gain.

There are pretty big hints here that our superintendent wants a student vaccine mandate, but either he, the board, or the attorneys are willing to wait for 12+ approval over authorization. And I guess they are holding back on 16+ until a larger percentage of the student body is fully approved. Funny thing is MT law allows for a student mandate but not teachers. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom